Goodtime?

Rory

I'm afraid it happened again guys. I'm gonna be honest, I really believed something wss coming this time ... I'm disappointed. In this cases I often think of those who got some of these items and read and see how much passion and hope and excitment we have for even just one track and they really don't give a fuck. 

40 minutes ago, stefo said:

I'm afraid it happened again guys. I'm gonna be honest, I really believed something wss coming this time ... I'm disappointed. In this cases I often think of those who got some of these items and read and see how much passion and hope and excitment we have for even just one track and they really don't give a fuck about it. 

As quick as the advert was up and down, I knew not to expect it wasn't happening. I don't believe that DanK is trying to keep anything to himself here or doesn't "give a fuck about it".  After all, why did he bother trying to post it?  We have to remember this song isn't legal to share. I expect that he was warned by her or Warners not to post it.  Think about it?  DanK has shared a lot.  He shared what he could.  Fans need to stop having such high expectation and that we can have access to everything that Madonna has recorded when it's not something she prefers to share at this time for whatever reason. You have to put yourself in the artist's shoes, would you want your art shown to the world, if it's not ready, not complete or up to your standards?  Some might be satisfied with the demo or unfinished track, but for the artist, there is something lacking that kept them from releasing it no matter how great some might think it is.  In this case, no one knows what this song sounds like. It could be crap for all we know.  No need to get so depressed over something that was never meant to be shared.

9 minutes ago, tscott said:

As quick as the advert was up and down, I knew not to expect it wasn't happening. I don't believe that DanK is trying to keep anything to himself here or doesn't "give a fuck about it".  After all, why did he bother trying to post it?  We have to remember this song isn't legal to share. I expect that he was warned by her or Warners not to post it.  Think about it?  DanK has shared a lot.  He shared what he could.  Fans need to stop having such high expectation and that we can have access to everything that Madonna has recorded when it's not something she prefers to share at this time for whatever reason. You have to put yourself in the artist's shoes, would you want your art shown to the world, if it's not ready, not complete or up to your standards?  Some might be satisfied with the demo or unfinished track, but for the artist, there is something lacking that kept them from releasing it no matter how great some might think it is.  In this case, no one knows what this song sounds like. It could be crap for all we know.  No need to get so depressed over something that was never meant to be shared.

Well said - nothing equals nothing 

32 minutes ago, tscott said:

You are absolutely right, I agree with everything you write.

I wanna specify that I was not talking of DanK, absolutely. It's not referred to this specific case (that's why I wrote "I often think") and I've got the same idea you express about Dank probably being stoped in posting (the advert from a guy like him was the reason why this time I thought that something could have happened, I thought there was the intention of doing it). So, not referred to Dank, at all.

At the same time, I'm sure there are people who could share even just one track once a year or so and make some people happy. I don't think this would create any kind of demage or disaster,  in a music world where, in a way or another, some leaking is part of the game.

Of course I understand artists feelings about it, but I hardly think this is the main reason why M's unreleased demos are completely inaccessible now. If the point is respecting her choices and feelings about what to release and what to keep in her vault, they should stop selling and buying it, they should just respect her. I also think that part of us in this moment are here especially for her legacy and previous stuff so it wouldn't be a bad way to relight the attention (I don't know if this is corect in english, sorry) of these long time fans either.

Anyway it was just a hurried sharing, I'm sorry if it sounded unfair or quarrelsome.

2 minutes ago, stefo said:

You are absolutely right, I agree with everything you write.

I wanna specify that I was not talking of DanK, absolutely. It's not referred to this specific case (that's why I wrote "I often think") and I've got the same idea you express about Dank probably being stoped in posting (the advert from a guy like him was the reason why this time I thought that something could have happened, I thought there was the intention of doing it). So, not referred to Dank, at all.

At the same time, I'm sure there are people who could share even just one track once a year or so and make some people happy. I don't think this would create any kind of demage or disaster,  in a music world where, in a way or another, some leaking is part of the game.

Of course I understand artists feelings about this, but I hardly think this is the main reason why M's unreleased demos are completely inaccessible now. If the point is respecting her choices and feelings about what to release and what to keep in her vault, they should stop selling and buying it, they should just respect her. I also think that part of us in this moment are here especially for her legacy and previous stuff so it wouldn't be a bad way to relight the attention (I don't know if this is corect in english, sorry) of these long time fans either.

Anyway it was just a hurried sharing, I'm sorry if it sounded unfair or quarrelsome.

I understand what you are expressing because like many fans, there are demos we wish we could hear. But at the end of the day, we really need to respect Madonna's wishes.  The woman shares a lot.  We know she's a perfectionist. What she doesn't like or may not be her cup of tea, may be okay for others. Still, it's her art.  She wants to share what she officially feels her best work.  We can sit here and question what she has released "as her best work", but the fact is, the unrelease stuff lacks something she isn't comfortable for sharing. We should respect that since I don't think any of us would want to share something we don't feel is our best work, or something that may feel unfinished.  Even if it sounds perfect to us, there is a reason why she felt like it wasn't fitting to release or to fit that specific album. 

45 minutes ago, Dee Jay AI Studios said:

No one was arrested or persecuted after the ROL ASSEMBLY unreleased tracks and also after the rain tapes leaks 

Maybe if they hack again her server’s

but not for tracks with unreleased demos that were auctioned and doing the rounds for years recorded into cassette tapes.

Oh ok, so some infringing on the artist's rights is ok, but you draw the line at new work. Gotcha.

Edited by LoveSong (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Ayham said:

Never gonna happen, whoever did this clearly seeking attention.

No! The person was genuinely going to share something.  Unfortunately, someone stopped them.  Do the math, you plan to share a song that isn't legally released and advertise it nearly a month before doing so, you can bet Madonna her record company will come after you.  Especially after what happened with the Rebel Heart leaks.

11 minutes ago, tscott said:

No! The person was genuinely going to share something.  Unfortunately, someone stopped them.  Do the math, you plan to share a song that isn't legally released and advertise it nearly a month before doing so, you can bet Madonna her record company will come after you.  Especially after what happened with the Rebel Heart leaks.

Not true darling... you do your math. Record company will stop/remove the song when it's out already. Who cares about that person to really go after them asking not to leak the song? Obviously they're just trolling around.

Also if I have the intention to leak something I won't for sure do a promo coming soon thing lol... 

Just now, Ayham said:

Not true darling... you do your math. Record company will stop/remove the song when it's out already. Who cares about that person to really go after them asking not to leak the song? Obviously they're just trolling around.

Also if I have the intention to leak something I won't for sure do a promo coming soon thing lol... 

DanK is hardly someone trolling around. I think a lot of members here can attest that he is known for sharing rare stuff over the years.  You can rest assure, if he was planning to share a demo that hasn't been legally released, someone stopped him before he could do so.  Most likely it was someone from M's team.  

6 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Agreed, plus at this point in her career I'm pretty sure Warner couldn't give two fecks about what old tracks leak

Just now, Slut Dragon said:

I'm sure the CIA and Interpol were involved as well!

LOL!  Well, the song isn't posted, so someone prevented him from sharing.  It's not hard to think her team didn't get wind of it, just the same way we all did, and threatened a law suit or whatever if he shared it.  DanK isn't a troll, despite how some are trying to narrate this.  I will agree that sharing something like this a month in advance, was a poor decision.  After what happened with the Rebel Heart leaks, it seems her management team has been vigilant in keeping leaks from happening.

• Jackie locked this topic