Madonna partners with YSL SAINT LAURENT for 'SEX BY MADONNA'

Brendanlovesu1

39 minutes ago, Shoful said:

It’s weird cause you can still get sealed copies for $200-300. I got mine for $180 back in 2015

The press release makes it sound like it will be a new edition, so the value will be much higher than the previous prints.

I think this is a classier way to celebrate than to properly reissue the whole thing which would totally cheapen it imo.

And we know Madonna will attend the opening wearing something outrageous which will make headlines. I can’t wait!

I would pay those prices if it meant getting a meet & greet pic where we can both be naked and recreate the hitchhiking pic. Otherwise, yawn, enough of these cash grabs. Dita became an English housewife. She's swimming with Louise Oriole. Get over it already. But I'm happy for all of you who can add this yo your collection and can't wait to see what she (doesn't) wear to this.

23 minutes ago, TOpher said:

She really doesn’t care about her fans 

On the contrary, I think she does.  She's been overly sexual lately, and I think she would welcome the SEX book to be re-released on a commercial level, but let's be realistic, it wouldn't be well received.  I personally think it's best left as "limited".  Re-releasing it on a commercial level just makes it less impacting.

5 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I hope Meisel attends, he has not been seen in over a decade, not even at his retrospective in Spain. He is in his 70's now and it's been said he hides because he's vain about his looks (he was stunning) and hates being old. We tend to forget that this book is as much his work as hers. 

an acquaintance of mine modeled for him a few years ago, he doesn't even let the crew inside his studio, he is behind closed doors and only the models and his closest team get to see him

3 hours ago, subversive said:

1500-3000 WTF

Right?  I mean, I suppose it's cool?  IDK, I REALLY, REALLY dislike stuff that's so limited and/or expensive that 95% of fans and supporters have no chance to obtain it.  I know it's just a reissue and all, but I'm sure it will have some kind of crazy new desirable aspect to it.  If it was just limited edition art prints that she signed, I probably wouldn't hate the idea as much, but there's something about this that rubs me the wrong way.  

8 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

Right?  I mean, I suppose it's cool?  IDK, I REALLY, REALLY dislike stuff that's so limited and/or expensive that 95% of fans and supporters have no chance to obtain it.  I know it's just a reissue and all, but I'm sure it will have some kind of crazy new desirable aspect to it.  If it was just limited edition art prints that she signed, I probably wouldn't hate the idea as much, but there's something about this that rubs me the wrong way.  

I don’t think this was designed for fans. Fans can easily obtain original copies on eBay and Discogs at affordable prices. 
This is more a marketing move and the books are meant for rich people who don’t sit on eBay to score a deal and the scope is to make money for her charity.

40 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t think this was designed for fans. Fans can easily obtain original copies on eBay and Discogs at affordable prices. 
This is more a marketing move and the books are meant for rich people who don’t sit on eBay to score a deal and the scope is to make money for her charity.

She’s at a point in her career that she should be making shit for fans, not exclusive crap for the elite. She’s become so out of touch it’s insane. Her fan base is dwindling. She’s supposed to be trying to get them back with this nostalgia deal she has going with Warner Bros. 

I’m sure she’ll be topless with something sheer below showing off her cooch at the opening. :Madonna009:

14 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

She’s at a point in her career that she should be making shit for fans, not exclusive crap for the elite. She’s become so out of touch it’s insane. Her fan base is dwindling. She’s supposed to be trying to get them back with this nostalgia deal she has going with Warner Bros. 

I’m sure she’ll be topless with something sheer below showing off her cooch at the opening. :Madonna009:

I don’t get the frustration about this book being reissued. If it was it would probably cost around 300 bucks. It’s easy to find a mint original copy at that price…

And yeah I hope she attends the event in some ridiculous outfit and pisses everyone off

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t get the frustration about this book being reissued. If it was it would probably cost around 300 bucks. It’s easy to find a mint original copy at that price…

And yeah I hope she attends the event in some ridiculous outfit and pisses everyone off

Same.

The fact she is commemorating the anniversary in such a way I think is really cool and appropriate.

Why do fans want a reprint when they already have the book?

If you can’t attend I’m sure there will be some brochures at the exhibition that some savvy people will sell on eBay for $300.

6 hours ago, Ricardo González Anaya said:

Same. I got mine in 2016 for like $350 (it’s the japanese one though) but $1500-$3000 is abusive for a fan. But well, it’s for “charity” again.

I got a sealed copy for £100 last year and they threw in a dog eared Japanese copy for free (hilariously it always opens out on the double spread minge picture, dirty bastards)

5 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Agreed - I feel like the new books are being sold as 'art' rather than a commercial release too, hence the high prices that price out 90% of her fan base and auctions to benefit chartity rather than release on her website. I think the target audience is art collectors.

8 hours ago, deathproof said:

Will they use the original images/negatives/artwork proofs? Or have those been lost and they have to reduce themselves to scanning the book?

Come on. Why on earth would you make such an assumption?

It's not your niece doing a class presentation in 7th grade.

It's YSL. It's Vaccarello. It's Madonna. You don't show scanned pictures at an Art Basel exhibition.

5 hours ago, drivebitch said:

What a surprise, a very classy event is happening and someone is complaining because "fAnsErviCe" and "lEgaCy" and ending their post about M not behaving like an old lady.

Get me out of here. :Madonna007:

10 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

Who does Madonna think her fans are?

Angry customers who rant about the Erotica picture disc rerelease because the plastic wrap has wrinkles and forum trolls who have been hating one of best friends, Guy O, for years.

If I were her, I wouldn't pay too much attention to them and wouldn't care about pleasing them either.

So I'd rather reissue one of the most iconic things in my career and rip privileged art collectors off to fund hospitals in Africa.