Madonna partners with YSL SAINT LAURENT for 'SEX BY MADONNA'

Brendanlovesu1

4 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

Was Steven Meisel and Fabion Baron there ?

Steven is a recluse who refuses to be seen in public. Sources say he’s vain and doesn’t like his appearance, which is sad and frankly ridiculous. Not sure about Baron. They really should have gotten those involved with the book to be there. Perhaps they couldn’t make it. At least I hope that’s the reason.  

19 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

God forbid. Enough already. There are so many others out there to work with. 4 albums is more than enough  He gave her one hit song 22 years ago.  

Shep Pettibone should have been there. Isabella Rossellini and Naomi Campbell too. Instead it was full of flavor of the month people. 

On a more positive note, she looks good. Loving the read hair and braids and I’m thrilled she’s celebrating this era of her career. 

What's with all those "should have should have". YSL threw the party, they invited a lot of people, those who came wanted to be there. The others didn't care to show up or be part of this celebration.

7 hours ago, tscott said:

I think this was just a chance he jumped at to be part of a Madonna moment

They have been friends for the last 20 years. So this "chance to jump at" way of putting things makes me think: who do you think he is? He's not looking for more celebrity, he always told so. They're partying.

10 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

It’s funny how she puts in effort for this - the project that nearly destroyed her career and puts fuck all effort into the re-issue campaign and we got NO album re-issue for 2022 🥹🥹

Vaccarello and YSL wanted a big stunt for their pop-up gallery at Art Basel, I doubt she initiated it and it has nothing to do with Warner/Rhino rereleases. But it is indeed a very good PR move regarding her LEGACY :)

She has been owning back the Erotica/Sex era for months now, we shouldn't be surprised.

13 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

No they didn’t. It’s a PR event. So both parties get the same thing out of this. 
And the press release claimed all the proceeds go to charity not just some. Considering how devoted she was to raise money for charity throughout her entire career there’s no reason to doubt that statement. 
And I think a celebrity like her needs to do stuff like this. She’s not Taylor Swift and not every little thing she does needs to be a available at Walmart in five colors

Lol you're right about last part... but at least they can release a standard limited edition for public with 50/50 to RM as well! Would be great!

12 hours ago, Ayham said:

She did this for MONEY, apparently she doesn't care about us FANS lol... coz at least if she cares she would release this book as brand new edition for public to buy in reasonable price & NOT a $3000 lol.

As far as I remember you never even like the Sex book

6 hours ago, drivebitch said:

God forbid. Enough already. There are so many others out there to work with. 4 albums is more than enough  He gave her one hit song 22 years ago.  

Shep Pettibone should have been there. Isabella Rossellini and Naomi Campbell too. Instead it was full of flavor of the month people. 

On a more positive note, she looks good. Loving the read hair and braids and I’m thrilled she’s celebrating this era of her career. 

Isabella was Steven's friend she never really care about the book much . It will be quite fake to show up for it

6 hours ago, drivebitch said:

Honey, what is it with all the "gave her one hit 22 years ago?". Do you really think, like, REALLY think that anybody could give Madonna a hit now? And do you really want her to chase a hitmaker of all things she could be doing? 

It's ok to dislike Mirwais or the music he created with Madonna, but let's not act like he's responsible for Madonna not being a commercial sucess anymore.

Also, Shep Pettibone hasn't done music for almost 30 years, let it go.

8 hours ago, PlayPause said:

They have been friends for the last 20 years. So this "chance to jump at" way of putting things makes me think: who do you think he is? He's not looking for more celebrity, he always told so. They're partying.

I agree, they are just partying together.  When he said, "back to music and portraits", he could have easily been speaking of his own work or with others.  Him being there, shows a good chance the two could still worked together.  Maybe she and him have worked on new tracks.  I just am not reading that much into it. 

14 hours ago, Ayham said:

She did this for MONEY, apparently she doesn't care about us FANS lol... coz at least if she cares she would release this book as brand new edition for public to buy in reasonable price & NOT a $3000 lol.

YSL did this for money and for exposure. She is already a billionaire, selling 800 books isn't going to change her bank account.

Plus it's for charity anyway, so stop complaining, it's gross.