Previously unknown madonna tracks registered at Sacem (french Ascap)

Roland Barthes

2 hours ago, Jet said:

What’s the love theme from Batman??? Would that have been for the dark knight?

I'm very intrigued by this one, there's no mention of Prince (he did that soundtrack) and by then she hardly wrote by herself alone. The only two Prince tracks on that album that can be considered that are The Arms of Orion w Sheena Easton and Scandalous. On the Danny Elfman score for the movie, the love theme track is a variation of Scandalous. Was Madonna supposed to duet on that track ? Did she do it and it's in the Vault ? Did she record vocals for the remix which was released with Kim Basinger ? (creating a second Was not Was situation) ? Could Love Song have been first considered for the Batman OST ? The date matches. The initial project for the OST was to have Prince do half of the OST and Michael Jackson the other half, could Madonna, the third giant from that time, have been considered in the project ?

Elfman's love Theme https://youtu.be/xGDb6ygTyMs

Compared to all other databases, the LOC has minor "weird" copyright registrations but there also mistakes like the infamous Physical Attraction credited to Madonna. 

Another weird thing is all her tracks with Pat Leonard are credited to Susan Leonard (and even non Madonna tracks written by Leonard with other people like Leonard Cohen and Robert Page) it looks like an error. Susan Leonard being Pat Leonard ex wife. 

Also don't assume the tracks were done on the date/year mentionned, some well known tracks were registered years later they were released so the registered dates are not always a good indication and can be misleading, meaning we don't know from when the Rick Knoles tracks really are. They could be from Ray of Light or they can have worked together in 2010. I can't remember how many tracks Knowles said he worked on with Madonna for ROL but as i remember the number he mentionned did not match the number of demos we have, some titles were missig so these could be them. 

53 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Also don't assume the tracks were done on the date/year mentionned, some well known tracks were registered years later they were released so the registered dates are not always a good indication and can be misleading, meaning we don't know from when the Rick Knoles tracks really are. They could be from Ray of Light or they can have worked together in 2010. I can't remember how many tracks Knowles said he worked on with Madonna for ROL but as i remember the number he mentionned did not match the number of demos we have, some titles were missig so these could be them. 

He said 9 (Little Star, To Have Hold, The Power of Goodbye, Gone Gone Gone, Like a Flower, Alone Again, Revenge)

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Another weird thing is all her tracks with Pat Leonard are credited to Susan Leonard (and even non Madonna tracks written by Leonard with other people like Leonard Cohen and Robert Page) it looks like an error. Susan Leonard being Pat Leonard ex wife. 

Did Susan get them in the divorce? A copyright is an asset, right? And assets are split in a divorce. Or did he register a LLC in his wife’s name for tax reasons? I once worked for a small business that was technically owned by the CEO’s wife so he could claim tax credits for a woman-owned business. 

4 hours ago, stefo said:

Ok the Pattibone new track, aaaall the Nowels 2018/19 creations and the Batman love theme are my new goals (after the long awaited BS demo session od course): we gotta be ready to fight for what we believe in, right?  :smokey:

"Nothing Moves Me" with Pettibone & Shimkin is a typo from Sacem, the same track is registered at the Library Of Congress under Cathy Dennis and recorded in between Erotica sessions while Madonna was shooting Body Of Evidence. Here it is :

Regarding "L'Air Du Temps" that Mirwais track registered at Sacem, incidentally, after re-reading Christopher's book last week, i found out that it was Elsie Fortin favourite perfume as he mentions it twice. Maybe it's just a coincidence but it amused me to read that around the same time i looked into the Sacem database.

6 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

"Nothing Moves Me" with Pettibone & Shimkin is a typo from Sacem, the same track is registered at the Library Of Congress under Cathy Dennis and recorded in between Erotica sessions while Madonna was shooting Body Of Evidence. Here it is :

Oh thank you very much :cute: and it's not that bad at all, if just sung with the right grit, funk and some good, strong, old backing vocals. It's catchy and very early 90s :broken::broken::broken: I'm loving it