Ray of light - Demo CDR for sale on eBay as of 08/21/97

ConnoisseurM

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, bertrand said:

Drowned World: This is pretty similar to the final album version. The intro (before the vocals start) is stretched out about 15 seconds longer.

Candy Perfume Girl: Quite a few structural differences throughout. It matches the Instrumental version we have (except this has the vocals obviously). From this, the final version had the intro shortened, one break chopped out, and another break filled in with beats, and one "girl/boy" chopped out of the ending.

Sky Fits Heaven: The highlight here, this is completely different from any other version I've heard. 100% Orbit production, without straying too far from Nowell's initial idea.

The tracks overall sound a bit better than the album too, in particular Candy doesn't have the same piercing sibilance that the album has.

Yay! Thanks for sharing!

9 minutes ago, LoveSong said:

I'm glad it worked out ok for you - was it scary at first thinking it might be fake or might get lost in transit? I get anxious just waiting for a CD from Amazon 🤣

I knew the seller was legit. I got the Ray Of Light Liquid Mix demo disc from the same seller earlier this year and that was obviously legit

11 minutes ago, Jackie said:

ohhhhhh anything interesting on that one?

A different version of what eventually got released as "William Orbit Liquid Mix" on the CD maxi. It has the same intro guitar from the album version at the start, lacks the first verse entirely, has more of the laugh audible at the very end, and has different breakdowns and fills and synths in many different places.

Discogs

3 minutes ago, bertrand said:

A different version of what eventually got released as "William Orbit Liquid Mix" on the CD maxi. It has the same intro guitar from the album version at the start, lacks the first verse entirely, has more of the laugh audible at the very end, and has different breakdowns and fills and synths in many different places.

Discogs

oh cool! wow so many cool things coming out from that era! It's like the gift that literally keeps on providing! 

4 hours ago, bertrand said:

Sky Fits Heaven: The highlight here, this is completely different from any other version I've heard. 100% Orbit production, without straying too far from Nowell's initial idea.

Is there a Nowell’s demo of Sky Fits Heaven that we don’t know about, or are you referring to the Patrick Leonard demo?

13 hours ago, bertrand said:

Drowned World: This is pretty similar to the final album version. The intro (before the vocals start) is stretched out about 15 seconds longer.

Candy Perfume Girl: Quite a few structural differences throughout. It matches the Instrumental version we have (except this has the vocals obviously). From this, the final version had the intro shortened, one break chopped out, and another break filled in with beats, and one "girl/boy" chopped out of the ending.

The tracks overall sound a bit better than the album too, in particular Candy doesn't have the same piercing sibilance that the album has.

Is there a crowdfunding possibility to get these tracks shared ? Or a private group for it ?

Me, my enthusiasm and my wallet are here !!!

Best.

7 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

Is there a crowdfunding possibility to get these tracks shared ? Or a private group for it ?

Me, my enthusiasm and my wallet are here !!!

Best.

Not doing a private group because it seems nobody can be trusted, and I'm not sure this is really exciting enough to pull off the ~$750 crowdfunding. I'm open to it, but don't want it to fail.

1 hour ago, bertrand said:

Not doing a private group because it seems nobody can be trusted, and I'm not sure this is really exciting enough to pull off the ~$750 crowdfunding. I'm open to it, but don't want it to fail.

I always was so happy with the few crowdfunding you did.

And I'd be so glad to listen to these 3 tracks. There's no wrong information and people can only be satisfied with it. I have understood that Sky fits heaven was the only kind of interesting track while 2 others are almost same as album version and it's ok for me.

If we are 10, I'm ok for 75€ in case. Even more...!

• Jackie locked this topic