Madonna Album Streaming Tracklist Variations

Sultrysully

Amazon Music has included an extended version of Express Yourself in place of the album version.  It is eight minutes long.  Madonna - The First Album and the Like a Virgin albums also have alternate length versions as does The Immaculate Collection.  Is this intentional or accidental?   I kinda like it but am a bit of a purist at times too.  It feels weird to alter the original album unless you were going to do an extreme makeover like True Blue 35.  

1 minute ago, Sultrysully said:

Amazon Music has included an extended version of Express Yourself in place of the album version.  It is eight minutes long.  Madonna - The First Album and the Like a Virgin albums also have alternate length versions as does The Immaculate Collection.  Is this intentional or accidental?   I kinda like it but am a bit of a purist at times too.  It feels weird to alter the original album unless you were going to do an extreme makeover like True Blue 35.  

For some reason, the "Like A Prayer" album on Amazon Music always had "Express Yourself (Non-Stop Express Mix)" as the second track instead of the original album version.

On "Like A Virgin", "Dress You Up" was the Extended 12'' Mix on Spotify for years, until they sorted it out, same as "Papa" on "True Blue".

The "Madonna" album has many different versions: "Borderline" is the Extended Mix, "Holiday" an edit, etc.

On Spotify:

Madonna: Holiday is an edited version of the Q-sound mix in the Immaculate Collection

Madonna (Reissue):

• Borderline is the extended dance remix
  • Holiday is the edited version of the Q-sound mix
  • Lucky Star, Physical Attraction and I Knew It are unremastered versions

Like a Virgin: Dress You Up used to be the 12" Casual Mix but was then corrected to the album version.

True Blue: Papa Don't Preach used to be the extended remix but was then corrected to the album version.

This is only on digital platforms right?  I ask because I just bought a 2018 Vinyl re-issue of Immaculate Collection on Amazon, and I get so confused because some of those songs have "(remix)" next to the title.  I had thought all the songs were specifically remixed for the album originally, so why  put "remix" next to just a few of the titles?  All I want is a Vinyl of the original released songs, not what's been replaced on digital platforms. 

Edited by tscott (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, tscott said:

This is only on digital platforms right?  I ask because I just bought a 2018 Vinyl re-issue of Immaculate Collection on Amazon, and I get so confused because some of those songs have "(remix)" next to the title.  I had thought all the songs were specifically remixed for the album originally, so why  put "remix" next to just a few of the titles?  All I want is a Vinyl of the original released songs, not what's been replaced on digital platforms. 

Yeah... it was confusing but it is what it is.

14 hours ago, Prayer said:

For some reason, the "Like A Prayer" album on Amazon Music always had "Express Yourself (Non-Stop Express Mix)" as the second track instead of the original album version.

If I remember correctly, many years ago this was the case on iTunes too, until later they corrected it with the album version.