Have you ever attended an ICONIC Madonna show/performance?

androiduser

4 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

I don't know if it counts but... i went to 5 Madame X Tour dates BUT one of them was the first night she started the show with Vogue (2nd London night)... everybody was soooo confused when the Manifesto started playing instead of the original intro

Wait.. 

There was a show where she started with Vogue? So she cut out the entire first act? :dead:

4 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

I don't know if it counts but... i went to 5 Madame X Tour dates BUT one of them was the first night she started the show with Vogue (2nd London night)... everybody was soooo confused when the Manifesto started playing instead of the original intro

Wait.. 

There was a show where she started with Vogue? So she cut out the entire first act? :dead:

Good topic

so my first M moments: Frozen at San Remo followed by Wetten Dass some days later

my first M concert: Drowned World Tour Barcelona opening night

M's bitchy attitude at Absolut Madonna Cologne 03 between the songs (just give me a fan :lol:)

The golden Corsage at Re Invention Arnhem! Vogue opening

Tours 01-06 in Paris. Best crowd!

The first M concert in Switzerland SS 08

Free Pussy Riot tattoo on M's arm at MDNA Zurich (i dont remember if she wore the mask however)

....Ghosttown and Whos that Girl at Rebel Heart Zurich was pretty cool

Madame X Paris. God Control opening with the US Flag :hearteyes:

I saw opening night of both Reinvention and Confessions.  Those opening nights are so special because of the energy and because there are no spoilers available!  I also saw one of the few performances of You’ll See on the Drowned World tour which was a very memorable moment for me and she sounded beautiful. 

13 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

i happened several times in London and Paris... almost all the 2nd nights back to back had the first act cut

What was the official reason for this? Knee pain or hip pain can't really be the real reason because she could have just cut out the demanding dance parts, or not dance at all.

I think I have three that stand out.

1) Her performance at Roseland, NYC in 2000 to promote the Music album.  Up until that point, the only time I saw her perform was in large arenas.  It was great to see her in a smaller setting and the energy in the room was off the charts.

2) Her singing "Between The Bars" at the Secret Project event at the Gagosian Gallery in Sept 2013.  Other cool thing about that night is I got to meet/talk with her.  I was over the moon.

3) Her 5 song set in Washington Square Park, NYC in Nov 2016 for Hillary Clinton. To hear the songs stripped down with just a guitar and people clapping along was amazing.  

Opening nights of The Girlie Show (Wembley) and Sticky & Sweet Tour (Cardiff). 

Madame X at the Palladium, the night they cut the sound and closed the curtain at the start of “I Rise” because she overran! Her and the dancers came out from behind the curtain and finished the show anyway with the audience singing all the words at the top of their voices. That was a magic moment! 

I was at the Blonde Ambition show where she sang happy birthday to her dad.  The footage ended up in Truth or Dare.  Interestingly, I could only get tix to the second show but she was sick so the second show became the first for Detroit with the "first" show rescheduled to the next day.

On 12/7/2022 at 4:55 PM, androiduser said:

What was the official reason for this? Knee pain or hip pain can't really be the real reason because she could have just cut out the demanding dance parts, or not dance at all.

She was badly injured. That was the reason. Surely you heard many shows were also cancelled?

21 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

I was at the Blonde Ambition show where she sang happy birthday to her dad.  The footage ended up in Truth or Dare.  Interestingly, I could only get tix to the second show but she was sick so the second show became the first for Detroit with the "first" show rescheduled to the next day.

I was there too. Are you a Michigander? 

On 12/8/2022 at 11:56 AM, androiduser said:

but I don't see how scrapping one entire section helps with the injury? Vogue is still a demanding performance.

Sorry but I think you need to reconsider your fandom as soon as possible :laughing:. I saw Madonna performing twice during the Madame X Tour  in the UK and believe me SHE WAS NOTORIOUSLY IN PAIN. I saw the complete shortened show meant for Europe and the real shortened one that started with Vogue. The second one was way better because in my opinion God Control-Dark Ballet-Human Nature-Rant about how feminist she is were just boring. Vogue was when the party really started.