NEW 'EROTICA" TAPE ON EBAY

Certified Fuck Up

6 hours ago, club78boy said:

Ok, here's my "review" of the tape:

1. Erotica - this is the final, polished version of the demo we know from the LOC tapes.

2. Waiting - sounds very much like the album version but with many changes. more samples of "Waiting... For You" throughout, Completely unique vocal ab libs towards the end. This also fades out (if memory serves the final has a piano ending)

3. Rain - Very close to the final album version except this has the double verse at the end "stand out on the mountain top..." there is also no rain effects the end

4. Deeper And Deeper - very similar to the LOC tape. No backing vocals and possibly a different vocal take. I'd need to do some comparing

5. Thief Of Hearts - similar to one of the final LOC demos, includes some unique backing vocals/harmonies, also has the "thief.. thief... thief of hearts" section at the end. Ends like the album version but much more reverb on the spoken vocals.

6. Bad Girl - similar to the LOC tape, demo vocal, repeated first verse in place of the second verse. this has backing vocals/harmonies.

7. Why's It So Hard - completely different and unique! The music is much more reggae inspired and "raw." Somewhat different structure in terms of the vocal placement. Includes the male vocals with some extra spoken bits not used in the final mix. Demo vocal from M and cold ending with male vocals

8. Where Life Begins - much clearer vocals and more basic music. The saxophone is quite prominent and loud! Vocals are an alternate take with unheard adlibs.

9. In This Life - interesting bass line, this seems like an early version of the final mix. more evolved than the LOC version, but not quite there yet. Demo vocal. spoken vocals seem to have the same "phone" effect as Bye Bye Baby vocals.

10. Words - such a fun mix! this has the final version production with many changes: completely unheard, unique intro, no spoken parts or typing effects. 

11. Bye Bye Baby - similar to the final version. different instrumentation throughout. interesting, different samples in the spoken end part - feels more "hip hop" than the final mix. Same ending without the "you fucked it up"

12. Secret Garden - this sounds like the demo we have, that leaked with Dear Father

13. Goodbye To Innocence - this is a version of the LOC mix, but completely different and unique. New vocal take and it includes the final vocals "say goodbye..." lots of new harmonies throughout. pretty different to the LOC version and no where near the demo that sounds closer to Fever.

14. Shame - unique mix to the LOC tape. music is way more evolved and has a funkier beat added to the music we are familiar with. Sounds like a new lead vocal.

and there you have it!

Wow, you made a very good job with this report: now we're dieing to have it!

Of course it's just a joke, the price was really high so just my congrats for the hit :tongue:

Anyway, the most interesting things seem to be the Why's it so hard raggae version (an old dream come true even just reading that in some way it is out) and the "closer to Fever" Goodbye to Innocence, with new vocals and harmonies (the early version has such a good energy imo and this one seems to be the perfect balance point of the whole process).

@club78boy Thank you! Your description is amazing. I would love to hear the alternative version of Why's it so hard

And what about the Like a Virgin tape? Any info about it too? If so, could you describe the songs for us?

And also, do you have any info about the song Chill Down in the Slammer tape? Is it a Madonna song?

I'm totally in as always to make a crowdfunding to @club78boy in order to refund him the treasure he bought and enjoy music together.

If @club78boy is ok for it of course...!

And I wish we could buy the Slammer tape with Can't stop and Causing a commotion versions. But earing snippets before giving money to make sure it's genuine AND interesting is necessary.

Oh god I wish I'd listen Why's it so hard reggae demo !!! Please !

I honestly don't think we should have a crowdfund, mainly because the last time that happened, it didn't end well. Maybe we should save releasing it for Christmas, so we can all have the Erotica tape in time. As for the LAV tape, do as you will with it, even crowdfund it if you want. It's up to the Erotica tape's owner to see if he'll release it or not.

16 minutes ago, xpressyourself said:

I honestly don't think we should have a crowdfund, mainly because the last time that happened, it didn't end well. Maybe we should save releasing it for Christmas, so we can all have the Erotica tape in time. As for the LAV tape, do as you will with it, even crowdfund it if you want. It's up to the Erotica tape's owner to see if he'll release it or not.

When did it not end well. Wasn’t the only time we did it for the Confessions demo tape and as far as I’m aware we raised enough 

3 hours ago, Shoful said:

When did it not end well. Wasn’t the only time we did it for the Confessions demo tape and as far as I’m aware we raised enough 

I was talking about the crowdfunding for the Everybody multis, which just fell apart right before the price was reached. I cannot remember how it happened, but I know that it did not end quite well.

1 hour ago, xpressyourself said:

I was talking about the crowdfunding for the Everybody multis, which just fell apart right before the price was reached. I cannot remember how it happened, but I know that it did not end quite well.

Oh yea I mean that’s not something that really motivates the fanbase. I believe I donated to that just so people could have it but I had zero interest in actually listening to it.
Now something like a completely unheard demo tape is what will motivate a lot of fans to donate. Comparing multitracks to a demo tape is really not comparable