I still don't understand how nobody noticed this at the record company

Roland Barthes

It's an issue I tried to bring up years ago but no one took any notice. It's not just in this picture it's noticeable, but some other ones too, particularly the Feb 89 Vogue cover which her stylist on that day told me Madonna hated that photo and that's why it never got used anywhere else. Not saying she had a lazy eye though, as someone who wears a lot of makeup actually (I'm a goth) - sometimes it's due to the makeup. And also the lighting.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

To be honest I never noticed before and I own it physically!

It's not that visible depending on the pressing:

MS5qcGVn.jpeg

OS00MDQ1LmpwZWc.jpeg

Of course now I can't NOT see it.

Same happened to me once i noticed it as i was putting vinyls in a box to move to another place it suddenly stroke me. 

36 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Never noticed, but then again I always found the Fever single cover to be odd as it looks like she’s in the middle of a burp lol

I've always thought she looks like she smelling her knickers on the cover of the True blue single (then again it says much more about me than about her, like some kind of Rorschach test)

MTAwNC5qcGVn.jpeg

1 hour ago, LoveSong said:

It's an issue I tried to bring up years ago but no one took any notice. It's not just in this picture it's noticeable, but some other ones too, particularly the Feb 89 Vogue cover which her stylist on that day told me Madonna hated that photo and that's why it never got used anywhere else. Not saying she had a lazy eye though, as someone who wears a lot of makeup actually (I'm a goth) - sometimes it's due to the makeup. And also the lighting.

This one ? 

ulgk.jpg

I had never noticed before but yeah there's something about her right eye lid. 

(thanks for ruining one of my favourite pic of her hahahaha, the "Frida Kahlo" one as i call it)

I think it's also because they take like thousands of pics in  seconds and our eye movements are non stop. Sometimes fake eye lashes do that too, i think that's the case with the discarded Roversi shoot for Bedtime Stories. 

When I read the title of this topic, I though this was about the lack of "I don´t search I find" in the cover of "Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones". IMO it´s much more serious thean a lazy eye in a single cover.

How can you make a record that celebrates 50 number ones and miss the last single to get in the top on the cover? 

29082022_21661742256.jpg

4 hours ago, subversive said:

I have noticed, seems stoned in some way.

We critize cover nowadays, but back catalog sometimes is.... well ... "different". There's a cover of dress you up, very blurry, that if they had realised on times of twitter, they would have got loads of haterism.

Are you really implying drug use simply because it was one of those photos we have all been in where we are caught with a half closed eye?

1 hour ago, Dj Garrido said:

When I read the title of this topic, I though this was about the lack of "I don´t search I find" in the cover of "Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones". IMO it´s much more serious thean a lazy eye in a single cover.

How can you make a record that celebrates 50 number ones and miss the last single to get in the top on the cover? 

29082022_21661742256.jpg

Yet the title "Finally Enough Love" pays homage to it.  It very much could be the title of the song and maybe in early stages, that was the title of the song?  Maybe it was intentional. 

7 hours ago, deathproof said:

Never noticed, but then again I always found the Fever single cover to be odd as it looks like she’s in the middle of a burp lol

Hahahaha!!!  That one and The Look of Love.  Its like she went for "duck lips" but ended up with "mild gastrointestinal distress".