I still don't understand how nobody noticed this at the record company

Roland Barthes

9 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

When I read the title of this topic, I though this was about the lack of "I don´t search I find" in the cover of "Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones". IMO it´s much more serious thean a lazy eye in a single cover.

How can you make a record that celebrates 50 number ones and miss the last single to get in the top on the cover? 

29082022_21661742256.jpg

If only that was the sole problem of this cover... :Madonna003:

9 hours ago, tscott said:

Yet the title "Finally Enough Love" pays homage to it.  It very much could be the title of the song and maybe in early stages, that was the title of the song?  Maybe it was intentional. 

IMO the "homage" does not officialy register that the song "I don´t search I find" topped the chart as the other 49 songs that appear on the cover.

Let´s travel in time and check the "You Can Dance" set cover. If it had the titles of the songs in the front cover, would it be ok to miss "Into The Groove"? I´m afraid not. 

14 minutes ago, Dj Garrido said:

IMO the "homage" does not officialy register that the song "I don´t search I find" topped the chart as the other 49 songs that appear on the cover.

Let´s travel in time and check the "You Can Dance" set cover. If it had the titles of the songs in the front cover, would it be ok to miss "Into The Groove"? I´m afraid not. 

To be fair though, the cover art to the I don't search single is reflected in her sunglasses quite prominently. If it really irks people that much just grab a pen and write it on

12 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

When I read the title of this topic, I though this was about the lack of "I don´t search I find" in the cover of "Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones". IMO it´s much more serious thean a lazy eye in a single cover.

How can you make a record that celebrates 50 number ones and miss the last single to get in the top on the cover? 

29082022_21661742256.jpg

Maybe they decided to swap it with Causing A Commotion for fun 🤣

9 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

Well,  your comparing apples with oranges.  The standard CD had 7 tracks, other formats had up to 10 tracks and those were just repeated mixes of the other track.  Also, "Into The Groove" was far more massive than "I Don't Search I Find".  I'm sure most of the general public has never heard of the song.  IMO, it's not a big deal because IDSIF may not be spelled out for you on the cover, but it's there regarding the title and it also had a huge write up about the song the booklet it comes with.  

On 12/13/2022 at 7:46 AM, Roland Barthes said:

The lazy eye on the right. Out of all the pics George Holtz took that day, that's the one they chose ? (i was reminded of it because Madonna 80's account on social media posted this photoshoot as it was taken on this day in 83) 

I noticed it when I first bought the 12” back in the late 80s and thought it was a strange choice of image and a really weird pose.

Back then, they probably couldn’t do too much to fix the image other than add a darker shadow on that side of the face. Of course, now we have the benefit of technology to Photoshop it and correct the image. Please excuse my bad retouching...

Borderline US 12 retouched.jpg

On 12/20/2022 at 12:15 AM, Tex20 said:

I noticed it when I first bought the 12” back in the late 80s and thought it was a strange choice of image and a really weird pose.

Back then, they probably couldn’t do too much to fix the image other than add a darker shadow on that side of the face. Of course, now we have the benefit of technology to Photoshop it and correct the image. Please excuse my bad retouching...

Borderline US 12 retouched.jpg

What did you use to make the one eye bigger ?