Sex book/Erotica documentary ‘Nine Lives’ now on YouTube

Blue Jean

• Blue Jean changed the title to Sex book/Erotica documentary ‘Nine Lives’ from Bitch She’s Madonna PREMIERES this Sunday
  • Blue Jean changed the title to Sex book/Erotica documentary ‘Nine Lives’ from Bitch She’s Madonna PREMIERES this Saturday

I enjoyed that so much. Brilliantly put together and a succinct time capsule of the era for anyone who didn't live through it. And as someone who did live through it, and watched all of those interviews in real time as they created endless headlines every day, a real trip down memory lane. However, it's also a bit uncomfortable to watch at times due to the outright abuse she was dealt by the media. But ultimately, I guess it just shows what a strong sense of character she has to have been able to take all of that on and not crumble to pieces, especially knowing the fates of many stars who have not dealt with such pressures so well in recent years.

If I had one minor critique, it's that a little bit more context on how she got to the point of her Sex-capades might have been valuable for those unfamiliar with her career. She didn't just arrive there from nowhere, there was a build up that started with Like A Virgin and on which she expanded her sexual provocateur nature via Open Your Heart, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Blond Ambition and Justify My Love.

Bravo to @Blue Jean and all involved. Will watch again...

This is the clear example of how something really beautiful should be created, in an accurate and peculiar way, this is what can truly be defined as a documentary, nothing to do with those documentaries that have come out over the years with the usual images, with the usual over-watched videos released a thousand times just to make money..As usual, it's the fans who make noteworthy things and not her team, her team should see this documentary and also the series " bitch she's Madonna " to understand what it means to work perfectly and not by posting meaningless antics.

There's not a single thing done wrong , everything is perfect!I never download anything from You Tube I wouldn't know what to do with it, the only thing I download and keep is your series that traces her career from year to year and this documentary.

344.jpg

345.jpg

@Blue Jean As always you did an AMAZING impeccable job! Stephan Mreczko's narration is also truly noteworthy.

Thanks Ryan! 

And seeing it again in your documentary I remembered that I also have this Book which I had completely forgotten:

347.jpg

Amazing work!

I believe that Erotica's anniversary comes at a perfect moment in Madonna's career.

Not much has changed, and if it has, it is because now it is not only the media being awful to her, but anyone with a phone in their hands.

Sometimes I see what is written here about her (and the way it is aggressively and disrespectfully expressed) and I wonder why do i keep coming back (though I need to add that some of you present your "criticism" or divergent views on her recent work in a beautifully articulated and intelligent way, without any vitriol; for those of you that manage that, thanks for expanding my perception of her work)

Whoever questions why she behaves the way she does nowadays should see this doc and see for themselves that, after all these years, she is still fighting the same fight because she is still receiving the same resistance and hate, if not more. But also, because that is the type of artist she is.

I admire her resilience and determination to keep going and to keep rebelling against what she finds unfair. She has made an artform from her defiance for anything that opposes freedom and that promotes oppression and hate, whereas that is the system, patriarchy, etc. (or even her own fandom, which can be suffocating). 

Whoever says she "has changed" has not paid attention to her message and her delivery: it's always been the same: she pokes at us till she gets our attention and, once we look, she will combine a slap with a caress till she gets a reaction and provokes a thought ;)

I don't always agree with her artistically, but i profoundly admire her as the artist provocateur she is.

And that is why I am still here :)

Thank you for the work put into this documentary and the generosity of sharing it. It has  made me think and it has made me react. Very Madonna of you, @Blue Jean

7 hours ago, jesus said:

Amazing work!

I believe that Erotica's anniversary comes at a perfect moment in Madonna's career.

Not much has changed, and if it has, it is because now it is not only the media being awful to her, but anyone with a phone in their hands.

Sometimes I see what is written here about her (and the way it is aggressively and disrespectfully expressed) and I wonder why do i keep coming back (though I need to add that some of you present your "criticism" or divergent views on her recent work in a beautifully articulated and intelligent way, without any vitriol; for those of you that manage that, thanks for expanding my perception of her work)

Whoever questions why she behaves the way she does nowadays should see this doc and see for themselves that, after all these years, she is still fighting the same fight because she is still receiving the same resistance and hate, if not more. But also, because that is the type of artist she is.

I admire her resilience and determination to keep going and to keep rebelling against what she finds unfair. She has made an artform from her defiance for anything that opposes freedom and that promotes oppression and hate, whereas that is the system, patriarchy, etc. (or even her own fandom, which can be suffocating). 

Whoever says she "has changed" has not paid attention to her message and her delivery: it's always been the same: she pokes at us till she gets our attention and, once we look, she will combine a slap with a caress till she gets a reaction and provokes a thought ;)

I don't always agree with her artistically, but i profoundly admire her as the artist provocateur she is.

And that is why I am still here :)

Thank you for the work put into this documentary and the generosity of sharing it. It has  made me think and it has made me react. Very Madonna of you, @Blue Jean

Thank you Jesus!

Even though I have been a fan since I was 5 making these docos always brings me new insight and even altered my own perspective on certain aspects of things.

I think todays Madonna and her fight against ageism will be more appreciated and understood 10-20 years from now.

21 hours ago, Markdonna said:

Very well done.  Great use of her music as well as compiling well known and much lesser well known interviews. There was stuff even I had never seen.  Really enjoyed this trip back through this crazy and fun era.  Sex was released right on my 22nd birthday.

What a great birthday present that much have been. Did you line up for it?

• Blue Jean changed the title to Sex book/Erotica documentary ‘Nine Lives’ now on YouTube
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic