Taylor Swift’s "Eras Tour" has broken the record for highest-grossing female tour of all time held by Madonna

Askeroff

And Its not even started yet  :bothered2:

Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour has already broken the record for highest-grossing female tour of all time at $554 million so far, Billboard reports.

The previous record was held by Madonna for 13 years with the Sticky & Sweet Tour at $407 million.

“The 170,000 remaining tickets not sold during the presale have a cumulative face value worth $37 million. 

Once Swift completes the sale of her remaining tickets for the Eras Tour, she will have generated $591 million in the U.S. alone.” :Madonna034:— Billboard

Well we all know that records made to be broken

but still.. does Madonna have chances to back this title back?

These records, especially this one, will be broken soon enough because ticket prices are out of control not because more people are attending or more dates are sold out. When you see the ticket prices of her tour (and the Madame X ones were already too much) and how getting a ticket for it was handled by the company, you just can't be happy about how things are going. It should be stopped and i believe people who bought or tried to buy tickets for that tour are already suing Live Nation/Ticketmaster because of the AI they use that creates instant inflating prices based on demand.

Just now, Roland Barthes said:

These records, especially this one, will be broken soon enough because ticket prices are out of control not because more people are attending or more dates are sold out.

but that's exactly why Madonna broke the record, her prices were out of control for that time.

2 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

M broke that record almost 15 years ago. Can she do it again? Probably not? Will Taylor have a career in 40 years -- not likely. I like Taylor. But she's not Madonna 😉

But she's already had a career for 16 years, it's not the same as Madonna's 40 years, but it's nothing to sneer at. It's not unlikely she'll be successful for the next 20+ years

Like every other Taylor Swift broken record it's just not comparable to what Madonna did to earn that record. 

You can not compare how touring was and ticket prices worked in 2008 like they do in 2022, the same way you can not compare how it was to get a TOP 10 before to how is getting it now... etc etc etc

Not saying in a bad way, i don't have anything against Taylor, i just don't care about her, BUT excuse me, congrats for being the female with most TOP 10s and all, but it's just not comparable having 10 top 10's because people pushed play button and left their devices at low volume all night to generate streams/sales of 10 songs that all of them because of chart rules had chances to chart to having top 10's because people moved their asses to record stores and spent actual money on it and only single released songs could chart.

Not saying it's better or worse (that in my point of view Madonna's achievements had more merit) but taking that out for me it's just not comparable

25 minutes ago, roberMDNA said:

but it's just not comparable having 10 top 10's because people pushed play button and left their devices at low volume all night to generate streams/sales

and yet this very forum was full of stans telling people to do exactly this during the FEL release week.... as if one fan playing a song a million times is equal to a million people playing a song once

I agree though, the charts are meaningless these days

It's a bit sad that people can't just be pleased that someone else is being successful

We should be concerned by the Ticketmaster situation because when Madonna will go on tour we're gonna be facing the same chaos Taylor Swift's and Bruce Springsteen's fans faced

https://www.klobuchar.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/news-releases?ID=761FFC1F-E897-41E0-88AE-D6431E619751

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/18/technology/live-nation-ticketmaster-investigation-taylor-swift.html

The dynamic pricing AI used by Ticketmaster inflates the ticket prices based on demand which made some tickets go for $5000

Now the US Senate is looking into it

https://www.klobuchar.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/news-releases?ID=761FFC1F-E897-41E0-88AE-D6431E619751

It is not fair to the fans and it's really bad publicity for the artists.

Am I the only person who never liked that Taylor whoever?
I guess there is only one song of hers (Delicate) I listen to because it constantly plays on the Antena 1 radio.
Apart from that, she and that Ariana something are, for me, so wet toilet paper.
Anyways, good for her.

Oh, and forget about Madonna's getting this record back. She can barely stand still these days. And after that shameful "performance" at Maluma's show, let's get real.

29 minutes ago, michel.kettermann said:

She can barely stand still these days. And after that shameful "performance" at Maluma's show, let's get real.

What are you even talking about, you will be pretend that Pride performance didn't happen!? And I have a news for you, Madonna dosen't have to dance at all at her show, she have dancers for it, so go with that hate and negativity somwhere else. 

I’ve never understood why Taylor is so popular - yeah she has a couple of good songs but I find something about her really fake - I watched her documentary during lockdown as I was bored and wanted to see what the fuss was all about with her - one scene that stood out for me though was when she was bitching about not being nominated at the Grammys for I think it was her album Lover ? I mean how shallow can you be ?? Still to me she’s like the American Adele who I also don’t understand the mass appeal for - I think TS is a great songwriter though so I give her props for that - all I would say to her is enjoy your success whilst the public still like you at early 30s as after that it’s pretty much downhill for female entertainers 👍😘

1 hour ago, Pootz333 said:

Its still incredible to me that of all her tours, S&S is the highest grossing of hers and was for many years highest grossing of all time. 

It's not in my top 5.

Truly different strokes for different folks.

and Confessions broke it too (female's highest concert gross record) :Madonna055:

• Jackie locked this topic