#soon Madonna 2023

maddy1111

20 hours ago, Andymad said:

I want a Christmas album. sorry, I just do.

In 1987, it probably would have worked, but she's too polarizing these days.  Though, I can see her doing some sort of original winter/holiday themed album.  But she's become a bit too hardcore for the public to accept her, doing a Christmas album.  Santa Baby is right up her alley though.  It's just her version isn't too unique to the original version.  And too many others have covered it.

I must recognise: the thrill I had till 2016 about each new things she was going to do or maybe she was going to do, has died many years ago. 

I really don´t except anything that I could love on 2023. I will be around looking for a good surprise, but judging from her releases since 2020, she has changed so much, I don´t recognised her anymore and i´m not into tik tok, surgeries, booties, rappers...She has meant a lot for me and I will always love her. I´m planning this winter seeing one concert special a week, maybe in chronological line, and for sure will be playing her legendary albums.

I hope she is happy and healthy, and if her past style returns, I will be there supporting again this amazing woman.

17 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I must recognise: the thrill I had till 2016 about each new things she was going to do or maybe she was going to do, has died many years ago. 

I really don´t except anything that I could love on 2023. I will be around looking for a good surprise, but judging from her releases since 2020, she has changed so much, I don´t recognised her anymore and i´m not into tik tok, surgeries, booties, rappers...She has meant a lot for me and I will always love her. I´m planning this winter seeing one concert special a week, maybe in chronological line, and for sure will be playing her legendary albums.

I hope she is happy and healthy, and if her past style returns, I will be there supporting again this amazing woman.

Over the last 40 years, fans have come and gone and at times come back again and that's ok - for example I know fans who are not interested in anything after Truth Or Dare / In Bed With Madonna but are excited for things like the RSD releases and also fans who don't like anything expect Ray of Light to Confessions (1998-2006) so have not liked anything in many years etc , every fan is different, I've been a fan and collector for 35 years and there have been projects, albums and songs that have not resonated with me over the decades and that's ok. I think the approach you're taking is a good one based on how you feel and i hope she releases something this year that you like :) 

24 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

You just spoke the words out of my heart. <3

2 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

That’s exactly how I feel but unfortunately if we say we are disappointed or let down on this forum you feel the wrath from other members who feel we don’t have the right to express this opinion… 🥹🙄

Not that this will happen but M if you do read this - before I die all I want from your archives are :

full confessions tour and reinvention tour from paris on blu ray 

wtg Florence show or Paris or Wembley ( if they even exist )

all your videos including bedtime story reinvention backdrop remastered and put on a blu ray with lossless audio

All unreleased demos whether you like them or not

full virgin tour concert on blu ray 

just one beautiful box set with a herb ritts cover and booklet from the 80s

….

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Not that this will happen but M if you do read this - before I die all I want from your archives are :

full confessions tour and reinvention tour from paris on blu ray ….

The Confessions Tour full HD show from London is long-overdue. They have it but for some strange reason won't reissue the concert on bluray or streaming! To think that was the last concert film the general audience showed real appreciation. It even got a Grammy nomination and won... People out of the fandom never really cared about what she did afterwards.

Also, the Jonas Akerlund footage from Re-Invention would be a dream come true... I don't understand what she's thinking at this point. 

On 1/1/2023 at 2:22 AM, Jackie said:

If 2023 is the 40th anniversary of her first album - defiantly something around that - I wonder what! 

I’m not sure why she would. she didn’t for the tenth, twentieth or thirtieth so why for the fortieth? It’s not as though it’s an acclaimed or particularly defining album. 

25 years of Ray of Light however could be on the cards,  and I imagine that would sell as a tour also. 

On 1/1/2023 at 3:29 AM, tscott said:

In 1987, it probably would have worked, but she's too polarizing these days.  Though, I can see her doing some sort of original winter/holiday themed album.  But she's become a bit too hardcore for the public to accept her, doing a Christmas album.  Santa Baby is right up her alley though.  It's just her version isn't too unique to the original version.  And too many others have covered it.

She actually wanted to do Baby It's Cold Outside with MJ singing the I really can't stay part, but he didn't go through with it.

On 1/1/2023 at 11:18 AM, wtg1987 said:

full confessions tour and reinvention tour from paris on blu ray 

wtg Florence show or Paris or Wembley ( if they even exist )

all your videos including bedtime story reinvention backdrop remastered and put on a blu ray with lossless audio

All unreleased demos whether you like them or not

full virgin tour concert on blu ray 

just one beautiful box set with a herb ritts cover and booklet from the 80s

….

i second this,  i wish Brian May was in charge of her box sets :) lol

On 12/31/2022 at 4:13 AM, Musica said:

I'm unsure why Madonna fans feel entitled to more stuff.

Madonna's musical career, for the most part, has been excellent. Even if she never releases another quality song or album, that's okay with me (for me personally, I like "classic Madonna"). 

It's a shame her most fanatical followers hang on her every word. 

The record company announced curated deluxe reissues and she posted video of her working on the tour stage. I think excitement for the future as the OP intended isn’t an act of selfishness, just fun and excitement for what’s still to come. 🤷🏻‍♂️