#soon Madonna 2023

maddy1111

6 hours ago, scion said:

I’m not sure why she would. she didn’t for the tenth, twentieth or thirtieth so why for the fortieth? It’s not as though it’s an acclaimed or particularly defining album. 

25 years of Ray of Light however could be on the cards,  and I imagine that would sell as a tour also. 

YES LOVE ROL! My reference, was the start of the re issue campaign - 40th anniversary (noted 2022 was her '40th' year in the business)- we shall see!

On 1/2/2023 at 6:56 AM, madgefan said:

The Confessions Tour full HD show from London is long-overdue. They have it but for some strange reason won't reissue the concert on bluray or streaming! To think that was the last concert film the general audience showed real appreciation. It even got a Grammy nomination and won... People out of the fandom never really cared about what she did afterwards.

Also, the Jonas Akerlund footage from Re-Invention would be a dream come true... I don't understand what she's thinking at this point. 

I don't know - Sticky and Sweet was a huge success ticket wise and attendance - and not all fans - but you can't compare that or the other concerts to COAD - it was a true master piece!

I don’t want to step into anybody’s toes, but seriously how are people asking for BLU RAY releases?!? 

I want a Madame X Tour reissue in Betamax while we are at it lol 

back to the topic:

i would be so happy with a first album reissue. Maybe a demo, maybe unreleased songs, maybe new remixes? I am excited for everything that may come

1 hour ago, Slut Dragon said:

Didn't mean to mislead you. I was joking and referencing the In The Closet thing.

Oh, LOL, I did take it literally.  I will admit I was bit confused since the only collab I know that they planned was for "In The Closet". 

MJ was just looking for a provocative title, but as Madonna started to push him to be provocative with the song, he bailed. :lol:

On 12/31/2022 at 4:54 PM, Blue Jean said:

- The Ray of Light 25th anniversary will come with a huge special box set for the fans. We’ll get all the remix EP’s on streaming and videos in HD.

- The American Life anniversary will see a vinyl release of Remixed & Revisted for RSD as well as all the singles and videos released digitally.

- The First Album 40th anniversary will see another special box set release as well as the remix EP’s and HD videos.

- The Girlie Show anniversary will see a HD upscale released to YouTube of the entire Down Under show. We will all watch the premiere live and have a fun time together.

- There will be a 40th anniversary tour announced.

- There will be an EP of brand new music to coincide with the tour.

- Back That Up To The Beat will not make much of a dent but Candy Shop will become a viral sensation.

ahem ahem cough cough .... erotica 30th ... cough cough where r u

11 hours ago, Diieeego said:

I don’t want to step into anybody’s toes, but seriously how are people asking for BLU RAY releases?!? 

back to the topic:

i would be so happy with a first album reissue. Maybe a demo, maybe unreleased songs, maybe new remixes? I am excited for everything that may come

Why shouldn’t we ? They release blu rays all the time for movies - I would say the same thing about vinyl - that to me is a pointless format but everyone still demands her stuff to be released on that ? 

11 hours ago, Diieeego said:

I personally don't know anyone who even has a bluray player anymore - as in I couldn't image anyone sitting down and playing a bluray or dvd these days. 

Having said that, some anniversary box sets for artists include blurays - however even Thriller 40's videos were only released digitally I believe. 

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I personally don't know anyone who even has a bluray player anymore - as in I couldn't image anyone sitting down and playing a bluray or dvd these days. 

Having said that, some anniversary box sets for artists include blurays - however even Thriller 40's videos were only released digitally I believe. 

Well the streaming releases are not the same quality as bluray. So I believe there's still a market for them.

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

There are literally millions of people having Playstation as Blu-ray player, including me ;) 

1 hour ago, Diieeego said:

I am not arguing against the quality of blue ray. I mean it’s getting obsolete (in regards to streaming)

it might come back (like vinyl did, though unlikely), but all major releases are on streaming, not blue ray (not only music, movies and tb series as well)

Nothing went away so cannot come back ;) movies are still normally available on BluRay. Not saying it's a massive market these days but the situation is exactly similar as with CDs. Everyone is streaming, but for collecting purposes, the some are buying it anyway. So cannot really see the reason why Madame X Tour must be only available on Para+ without any physical copy. 

Don't know if this has been shared here before, but I noticed that many videos containing snippets of I'm Going to Tell You a Secret were removed from Youtube (being the documentary itself, tour edits using the Paris footage...). Also, some HQ uploads of the VMA 2003 performance were removed between yesterday and today (they don't show up anymore on my playlists).

This could be just a coincidence but it got me thinking... American Life boxset anyone? :Madonna038:

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Don't know if this has been shared here before, but I noticed that many videos containing snippets of I'm Going to Tell You a Secret were removed from Youtube (being the documentary itself, tour edits using the Paris footage...). Also, some HQ uploads of the VMA 2003 performance were removed between yesterday and today (they don't show up anymore on my playlists).

This could be just a coincidence but it got me thinking... American Life boxset anyone? :Madonna038:

Lol that would be so Madonna to kick off the re-release campaign with American Life, "her most misunderstood album" :Madonna017:

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I don’t think M even knows what a box set even is … maybe some intelligent person on tiktok can show her whilst dancing like a twat for 30 seconds 😂😜

10 hours ago, Diieeego said:

I am not arguing against the quality of blue ray. I mean it’s getting obsolete (in regards to streaming)

it might come back (like vinyl did, though unlikely), but all major releases are on streaming, not blue ray (not only music, movies and tb series as well)

Streaming has killed physical media but there's still bits of it that are going. DVDs are mostly bought by the average consumer over the other formats of bluray and 4K/UHD which are usually film collectors/movie buffs.

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

Maybe it's her team figuring out they rather delete the uploads rather than uploading themScreenshot_2022-12-31-11-48-06-378-edit_com.google.android.youtube.thumb.jpg.5d978da0e07344d5e4a67ec2716d8171.jpg officially and using copyright so the uploader gets the video  unmonetized instead

13 hours ago, dylanlioncourt said:

Streaming has killed physical media but there's still bits of it that are going. DVDs are mostly bought by the average consumer over the other formats of bluray and 4K/UHD which are usually film collectors/movie buffs.

To be fair I’m equally baffled when people buy cds. I don’t even have a cd player!! It’s hard to find one actually

On 1/5/2023 at 11:59 AM, Diieeego said:

Yes - definitely a dying format when movies from 1990 are now being released in 4k (Exorcist 3) 

https://www.blu-ray.com/