The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

11 minutes ago, stevemic said:

My life is terrible at the moment. I'm going through a series of personal crises with no happy endings possible.

I want to be able to go along and sob my heart out to Crazy For You, Live To Tell and The Power of Goodbye. I hope she includes at least one of those. But I'd also love to dance along to Borderline, True Blue and Cherish. 

This new tour has given me something to look forward to. 

She'll be there for you, as always.

tumblr_lxfkdjIavU1r1e024o1_r1_500.gif

Big hug!

7 hours ago, steady75 said:

It’s not an exact science xx

This... but the Middle 8 and Bridge are mostly the same. 

7 hours ago, steady75 said:

Only when I’m dancing would be referred to as the bridge 

This would be a pre-chorus. It's an extension of the verse that prepares for the chorus by increasing momentum. 

Bridges usually show up after the second Verse/Chorus to present something new to a listener before they go back to a last verse or chorus or both. Bridges are not a lead up to the Chorus. 

She won't please everyone here.  It'll be nearly impossible. The key here is not set yourself up for disappointment.  If this is truly a GH's styled tour, she will definitely perform the majority of her well known songs.  Signature tracks like LAP, Vogue, Holiday, and LAV will no doubt all if not most be performed.  I wouldn't expect her to perform obscure or album tracks, but she should consider including "Physical Attraction" whether it is a small excerpt or within a interlude. 

1. Everybody
  2. Holiday
  3. Like A Virgin
  4. Material Girl
  5. Crazy For You
  6. Into The Groove
  7. Live To Tell
  8. Papa Dont Preach
  9. Open Your Heart
  10. La Isla Bonita
  11. Like A Prayer
  12. Express Yourself
  13. Vogue
  14. Erotica
  15. Human Nature
  16. Frozen
  17. Ray Of Light
  18. Music
  19. Don't Tell Me
  20. Hung Up
  21. 4 Minutes
  22. Girl Gone Wild
  23. Bitch I'm Madonna
  24. Medellin

I think this will be the long and short of it with some of these songs being a medley. 

There'll be nods to Lucky Star / WIFLFAG / Give It 2 Me / American Life / Celebration / Justify My Love here and there but I'd bank on the above being the main thrust of the setlist. 

I think it's the one time she's coming to absolutely knock peoples socks off with the amount of hits she's had. If she'd gonna do a greatest hits she's gonna do a greatest hits. No Re-invention hits in spite cause my album flopped nonsense. She's not coming to play. I also think if there's any songs she has in her head that will be center pieces of the film she will probably work those in there somewhere. 

I would love it if she had a section where she switched it up every night and also included random songs like in the later shows of the RH tour - in Australia we never knew what she would do in the 3rd section and got Take A Bow, Crazy For You etc and in the 4th section some random stuff like Hanky Panky and even the Erotica chorus. For fans who attend multiple shows, it's great when she changes parts of the setlist.

3 hours ago, tscott said:

She won't please everyone here.  It'll be nearly impossible. The key here is not set yourself up for disappointment.  If this is truly a GH's styled tour, she will definitely perform the majority of her well known songs.  Signature tracks like LAP, Vogue, Holiday, and LAV will no doubt all if not most be performed.  I wouldn't expect her to perform obscure or album tracks, but she should consider including "Physical Attraction" whether it is a small excerpt or within a interlude. 

The problem isn't what song she's going to perform, but how she will perform it and how ridiculous it could be. Her last performances were a hot mess. From performance and vocals to appearance and hair styles.

29 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

The problem isn't what song she's going to perform, but how she will perform it and how ridiculous it could be. Her last performances were a hot mess. From performance and vocals to appearance and hair styles.

I'm not worried.  i haven't been disappointed with a tour yet, nor how she's performed songs.  I've never thought she was a great live vocalist anyway, but she still puts on a great show. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:
  1. Everybody
  2. Holiday
  3. Like A Virgin
  4. Material Girl
  5. Crazy For You
  6. Into The Groove
  7. Live To Tell
  8. Papa Dont Preach
  9. Open Your Heart
  10. La Isla Bonita
  11. Like A Prayer
  12. Express Yourself
  13. Vogue
  14. Erotica
  15. Human Nature
  16. Frozen
  17. Ray Of Light
  18. Music
  19. Don't Tell Me
  20. Hung Up
  21. 4 Minutes
  22. Girl Gone Wild
  23. Bitch I'm Madonna
  24. Medellin

I think this will be the long and short of it with some of these songs being a medley. 

There'll be nods to Lucky Star / WIFLFAG / Give It 2 Me / American Life / Celebration / Justify My Love here and there but I'd bank on the above being the main thrust of the setlist. 

I think it's the one time she's coming to absolutely knock peoples socks off with the amount of hits she's had. If she'd gonna do a greatest hits she's gonna do a greatest hits. No Re-invention hits in spite cause my album flopped nonsense. She's not coming to play. I also think if there's any songs she has in her head that will be center pieces of the film she will probably work those in there somewhere. 

I'd literally self-destruct that setlist is so good.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:
  1. Everybody
  2. Holiday
  3. Like A Virgin
  4. Material Girl
  5. Crazy For You
  6. Into The Groove
  7. Live To Tell
  8. Papa Dont Preach
  9. Open Your Heart
  10. La Isla Bonita
  11. Like A Prayer
  12. Express Yourself
  13. Vogue
  14. Erotica
  15. Human Nature
  16. Frozen
  17. Ray Of Light
  18. Music
  19. Don't Tell Me
  20. Hung Up
  21. 4 Minutes
  22. Girl Gone Wild
  23. Bitch I'm Madonna
  24. Medellin

Take Mierdellin and Human Failure out from this and it's perfect xoxo

6 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

This... but the Middle 8 and Bridge are mostly the same. 

This would be a pre-chorus. It's an extension of the verse that prepares for the chorus by increasing momentum. 

Bridges usually show up after the second Verse/Chorus to present something new to a listener before they go back to a last verse or chorus or both. Bridges are not a lead up to the Chorus. 

Exactly. That is called the pre-chorus.

The bridge usually involves a musical shift 2/3 of the way through the song with a climax that leads back into a 3rd verse, pre-chorus or chorus.

For example, Celine Dion’s Because You Loved Me the bridge is:

You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you

I will be happy with any set list really if the live arrangements and overall sound is as brilliant as Re-Invention and Confessions. 

I think with the last 4 tours the live arrangements for a lot of the back catalogue and even the 'overall sound' has been hit and miss without Stuart Price as musical director. Think because he has a DJ's ear and sensibility he just knows what is going to sound amazing. Amazing how he turned Nobody Knows Me from a forgettable album track that she wanted to include on the tour to something that sounded incredible live and still true to the original .

Really hope he will be the musical director but know it's unlikely

16 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I will be happy with any set list really if the live arrangements and overall sound is as brilliant as Re-Invention and Confessions. 

I think with the last 4 tours the live arrangements for a lot of the back catalogue and even the 'overall sound' has been hit and miss without Stuart Price as musical director. Think because he has a DJ's ear and sensibility he just knows what is going to sound amazing. Amazing how he turned Nobody Knows Me from a forgettable album track that she wanted to include on the tour to something that sounded incredible live and still true to the original .

She really should go back to him for this, she’s never had better. 

The last thing I believe he did Live wise for her was mix the audio for her performance on the Live Earth DVD/CD.

13 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

I agree 100%. And I add this: I need her to give some space to harmonies and backing vocals.

I mean real backing vocals. In the Sun article they write she's trying her best to give her old and new fanbase what they want. Well I'm sure a lot of us would be amazed by a Nicky and Donna come back to deliver a trademark Madonna sound, with contemporary arrangements and an interesting retrospective of her back catalogue. They sent clear opening messages to her in the last years.

I mostly need to listen to her singing and exploring the tone of her classics (it's time to get Live to tell back on the stage by the way) with beautiful theatrics, some rough live arrangements (I wanna feel the vibe of a good bassline and some real percussions) and three or four effective dance numbers. I hope it's going to be captivating to listen to.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic