The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

10 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Agreed - the Girlie Show broke attendance records and had she come back sooner, she would have kept a lot of that audience 

Yep! OH well, it is, what it is - be interesting to see if she does ever come back, she could just do one stadium date in Sydney and Brisbane.

39 minutes ago, roberMDNA said:

11 cities (with multiple shows in many of them i suppose) with days in between places.. HOW MANY DAYS WILL JUNE 2023 HAVE? 😱😱😱

she won't survive many shows per city, in Madame X she was strugguling, she is 64, sooner 65, OC  she will offer less dates than in previous tours.

I read comments on many facebook sites (billboard, even madonna's official site), people really hate her, mustly cuz this new instagram persona, it will be ambitios to book many dates , people really seem disconnected from her nowadays. 

Anyways, I'll go if she books 1 date here on Mexico lol

Songs most likely to make the set list in my mind. (This ruthlessly covers ALL her albums and thus most eras… So some classics are skipped.)

Everybody (it all started with this.)

Holiday. 

Burning Up (or Borderline)(I’d prefer Burning Up!)

Like a Virgin

Material Girl

Into The Groove

Live To Tell

Causing A Commotion (Or Who’s That Girl?)

Like a Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue  (I don’t see how she can NOT revisit this one!)

Erotica (The Sex era is undergoing a renewed era of Respect)

Take A Bow  (or Bedtime Story)

Don’t Cry For Me Argentina (or You Must Love Me)

Ray of Light (Frozen was JUST done.)

Music 

Hollywood (American Life was just done.)

Hung Up

Four Minutes  (or Candyshop… you know you know she’s got to)

Girl Gone Wild (or Love Spent or I’m A Sinner)

Living For Love

I Don’t Search I Find

**Back That Up To The Beat (as a video interlude)

1 hour ago, scion said:

Australia was just over projected, so they never got to add extra shows that were booked in the background. Sydney and Melbourne sold okay, Brisbane as far as I recall was considered a flop with a lot of giveaway tickets .

Yea, I also noticed, and all artists do this, not just Madonna these days is rather than show for example, 16,000/16,200 sold, they reduce the capacity to match the sold tickets to show the show as having been sold out.

17 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Yea, I also noticed, and all artists do this, not just Madonna these days is rather than show for example, 16,000/16,200 sold, they reduce the capacity to match the sold tickets to show the show as having been sold out.

They did this for S&S in Cardiff, reporting it as a sell out with 33,000 sold, when two years earlier she played to I think 55,000 in the same stadium. 

2 minutes ago, scion said:

They did this for S&S in Cardiff, reporting it as a sell out with 33,000 sold, when two years earlier she played to I think 55,000 in the same stadium. 

Yep, they all do it I am sure - but I noticed it at RH, you could still buy tickets for Melbourne a few hours before the show - then it was 'sold' out lol

1 hour ago, PlayPause said:

means that all tickets have been booked / presold by resellers, not that every single ticket is in the hands of a concert goer.

No it doesn’t. You’re completely wrong on this one. 

Sold out means that the promoters have set a threshold for ticket sales, less than the actual availability. Let’s say arena holds 13,000, but you decide your projected sell out expectation is 11,800. You can then report the sell out as long as you hit 11,800, even with 1200 tickets left via official sellers unsold.

Live Nation have been doing this with Madonna since 2008… hence the sell out figures have gradually gotten lower.

5 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Yes, the price point was prohibitive for casual / general public fans eg most concerts start at au $180-300 range while most of the RHT tickets were au $500 - and the reason negotiations / plans fell through for all M tours to Australia since 1985 (except GS) was the Australian dollar vs US dollar except MDNA which was M's personal decision the Friday before the announcement was to happen and MX which of course was never planned. 

I think had M been able to tour Australia in the 2000s, it would be different. Not touring so many times has cost her a big chunk of her fan base here in Australia over the decades.  Having said, that, if she was doing a stadium and a greatest hits show, I think the demand would be there. 

Plus International acts with big stage productions tour Australia all the time with the same amount of arena shows/sales as the RHT had here. I think Madonna/her team are just quite picky with where they will go as they want to make the most money but if its a greatest hits tour she may want to do more shows than she's ever done and take it everywhere she can.

I would love to see Madonna do the whole winery thing here like Elton and many others. It might seem unusual but I saw Kylie's last tour at a winery show and it was a sensational atmosphere. An afternoon/evening out eating and drinking wine is a good way to lure more casual concert goers.

9 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Plus International acts with big stage productions tour Australia all the time with the same amount of arena shows/sales as the RHT had here. I think Madonna/her team are just quite picky with where they will go as they want to make the most money but if its a greatest hits tour she may want to do more shows than she's ever done and take it everywhere she can.

I would love to see Madonna do the whole winery thing here like Elton and many others. It might seem unusual but I saw Kylie's last tour at a winery show and it was a sensational atmosphere. An afternoon/evening out eating and drinking wine is a good way to lure more casual concert goers.

Yes and the distance to travel - Confessions was another one that almost made it to Australia 

On 1/7/2023 at 10:49 PM, MDNA22 said:

I will be happy with any set list really if the live arrangements and overall sound is as brilliant as Re-Invention and Confessions. 

I think with the last 4 tours the live arrangements for a lot of the back catalogue and even the 'overall sound' has been hit and miss without Stuart Price as musical director. Think because he has a DJ's ear and sensibility he just knows what is going to sound amazing. Amazing how he turned Nobody Knows Me from a forgettable album track that she wanted to include on the tour to something that sounded incredible live and still true to the original .

Really hope he will be the musical director but know it's unlikely

I always found Stuart Price’s interpretations to sound weak and fake. Too processed and synthesized. The Vogue one he did was so thin. I prefer live instrumentation. 

On 1/7/2023 at 10:07 AM, steady75 said:

I wonder if there’ll be a live streaming event? Could be mega. 

Isn’t she too much of a control freak for that now? She redubs herself and loves to over-edit. Gone are the days of the HBO live broadcast. Did you see her letter complaining about how she looked on The Girlie Show broadcast? lol. I like an authentic show, warts and all. Madonna just wants to perform via filters now. 

1 hour ago, drivebitch said:

Isn’t she too much of a control freak for that now? She redubs herself and loves to over-edit. Gone are the days of the HBO live broadcast. Did you see her letter complaining about how she looked on The Girlie Show broadcast? lol. I like an authentic show, warts and all. Madonna just wants to perform via filters now. 

Exactly, there's no way she would agree to a live broadcast ever again. Not to mention she says how much performing on live TV makes her the most nervous. 

On 1/6/2023 at 6:12 PM, Slut Dragon said:

I'm sorry, but concerts are at different locations because they're for locals. 

So I guess I finally have a chance to be in front of the stage if her groupies can't buy up all those tickets in the first 5 minutes.

Whole point tragicallly missed.

What I mean is that people who don't care about the artist and know like Material Girl and Hung Up end up taking all good tickets these days (and bots, lots of bots) and actual fans miss the opportunity of seeing the legend they adore. I has been happening with different artists this past year and I'm terrified I might end up not seeing Madonna. Nothing to do with being a groupie trying to take everyone's spots.

Re : Boxscore - we used to think in our more uneducated days that the sellout capacity was set my the promoters - now we know direct from Livenation on Madame X that they promoters just submit tickets sold (actual and audited) , but completely invent capacities / tickets available (not audited) and report whatever they like. All those years of thinking there was such a thing as a "technical sellout" when in fact its just promoters sending in tickets sold (actual) and tickets available / capacity (invented by Becky in the office).

Re : Australia being overprojected - so was the UK on Rebel Heart Tour.

There were due to be 3 O2 dates (one on 12th Dec got replaced with Zurich or somewhere), there were also second dates for Birmingham and Glasgow expected that never came off. The Livenation crew on that tour were quite loose with their mouths as they were annoyed about the start time drama lol

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic