The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

57 minutes ago, andifeel said:

Re : Australia being overprojected - so was the UK on Rebel Heart Tour.

There were due to be 3 O2 dates (one on 12th Dec got replaced with Zurich or somewhere), there were also second dates for Birmingham and Glasgow expected that never came off. The Livenation crew on that tour were quite loose with their mouths as they were annoyed about the start time drama lol

Yep. The 3rd O2 date was actually listed on AXS before getting deleted. A 3rd Melbourne show announcement was also briefly put up on Frontier Touring's official webpage.

An extra Melbourne date has been added and we are offering you an exciting pre-sale ahead of the general public. Extra date: Tues 15 March 2016. Pre-sale: 10am* Fri 27 Nov.

Tuesday 15th March, 2016 - Rod Laver Arena

Pre-sale starts this Friday 27th November 2015 at 10am.

I'd love something like Kylie's For You, for me/KylieUSA2009 tour. A lot of elements of the tour drew inspiration from Kylie's earlier tours, borrowing song interpretations, screen visuals, and costumes.

The show began with an overture containing elements of "Over the Rainbow", "Somewhere" and "The Sound of Music", which leads into "Light Years", remixed by Steve Anderson. Kylie was lowered onto the stage on the skull used for "Like a Drug" on the KylieX2008 tour; following this is a new remix of "Speakerphone", followed by a new version of "Come into My World", both also remixed by Steve Anderson. After chatting to the audience Kylie would go onto sing the KylieX2008 version of "In Your Eyes", closing the section.

The second section began with a slightly altered version of the "Everything Taboo Medley" used in the Homecoming Tour", but used elements and samples of "Fascinated", "Ride on Time", "The Real Slim Shady" and "Buffalo Gals", the latter two used in the Fever Tour and did not use the "Step Back in Time" sample. Following this medley, Kylie went on to perform "Better than Today", which was from her then-upcoming eleventh studio album Aphrodite.

The third section began with "Like a Drug", using the intro used on the X Tour; during this section a white version of the "erotic bellboy" outfit worn to sing "Like a Drug" for the X Tour was used. Following "Like a Drug", the "Boombox" / "Can't Get You Out of My Head" mashup was performed, which incorporated the screen visuals of "Can't Get You Out of My Head" used in the Money Can't Buy one-off concert and the KylieX2008 tour. After this, Kylie performed the X Tour version of "Slow" without the "Free" excerpt. To close the section, Kylie introduced the band and performed "2 Hearts".

The fourth section began with a slightly different version of "Red Blooded Woman" used in both the Showgirl Tour and Showgirl Homecoming Tour, but still used the "Where the Wild Roses Grow" excerpt; this performance blended the two performances in the aforementioned tours, using the pommel horse from the Homecoming Tour and the choreography from the Showgirl Tour. This was followed by a small dance interlude titled "Heart Beat Rock Segue" that included elements of the song "Mickey". "Wow" then closed the section.

The fifth section began with a small instrumental intro, titled "White Diamond Theme", which used excerpts and quotes from various films and actresses; this was followed by a performance of the ballad version of "White Diamond", which was followed by the Showgirl Tour version of "Confide in Me", then the ballad version of "I Believe in You", used on the X Tour. Throughout the performance of the latter, the screen visuals used in the "Crying Game Medley" during the Fever Tour were used, as well as the falling rose petals used in the tour too.

The penultimate section began with the mashup of Kylie's "Burning Up" and Madonna's "Vogue"; this was followed by the jazz version of "The Locomotion" used in the Showgirl Tours. It was at this point in the show that "On a Night Like This" was supposed to be performed, however it was not performed at any dates of the tour. Following "The Locomotion", Kylie and her backing vocalists sang "Kids" before Kylie closed the main body of the show with a performance of "In My Arms".

The encore began with a performance of "Better the Devil You Know", which was used in some shows of the KylieX2008 tour, followed by "The One" (except on 3, 4 and 12 October where it was removed from the set). At all shows, the closing song was "Love at First Sight".

13 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I'd love something like Kylie's For You, for me/KylieUSA2009 tour. A lot of elements of the tour drew inspiration from Kylie's earlier tours, borrowing song interpretations, screen visuals, and costumes.

The show began with an overture containing elements of "Over the Rainbow", "Somewhere" and "The Sound of Music", which leads into "Light Years", remixed by Steve Anderson. Kylie was lowered onto the stage on the skull used for "Like a Drug" on the KylieX2008 tour; following this is a new remix of "Speakerphone", followed by a new version of "Come into My World", both also remixed by Steve Anderson. After chatting to the audience Kylie would go onto sing the KylieX2008 version of "In Your Eyes", closing the section.

The second section began with a slightly altered version of the "Everything Taboo Medley" used in the Homecoming Tour", but used elements and samples of "Fascinated", "Ride on Time", "The Real Slim Shady" and "Buffalo Gals", the latter two used in the Fever Tour and did not use the "Step Back in Time" sample. Following this medley, Kylie went on to perform "Better than Today", which was from her then-upcoming eleventh studio album Aphrodite.

The third section began with "Like a Drug", using the intro used on the X Tour; during this section a white version of the "erotic bellboy" outfit worn to sing "Like a Drug" for the X Tour was used. Following "Like a Drug", the "Boombox" / "Can't Get You Out of My Head" mashup was performed, which incorporated the screen visuals of "Can't Get You Out of My Head" used in the Money Can't Buy one-off concert and the KylieX2008 tour. After this, Kylie performed the X Tour version of "Slow" without the "Free" excerpt. To close the section, Kylie introduced the band and performed "2 Hearts".

The fourth section began with a slightly different version of "Red Blooded Woman" used in both the Showgirl Tour and Showgirl Homecoming Tour, but still used the "Where the Wild Roses Grow" excerpt; this performance blended the two performances in the aforementioned tours, using the pommel horse from the Homecoming Tour and the choreography from the Showgirl Tour. This was followed by a small dance interlude titled "Heart Beat Rock Segue" that included elements of the song "Mickey". "Wow" then closed the section.

The fifth section began with a small instrumental intro, titled "White Diamond Theme", which used excerpts and quotes from various films and actresses; this was followed by a performance of the ballad version of "White Diamond", which was followed by the Showgirl Tour version of "Confide in Me", then the ballad version of "I Believe in You", used on the X Tour. Throughout the performance of the latter, the screen visuals used in the "Crying Game Medley" during the Fever Tour were used, as well as the falling rose petals used in the tour too.

The penultimate section began with the mashup of Kylie's "Burning Up" and Madonna's "Vogue"; this was followed by the jazz version of "The Locomotion" used in the Showgirl Tours. It was at this point in the show that "On a Night Like This" was supposed to be performed, however it was not performed at any dates of the tour. Following "The Locomotion", Kylie and her backing vocalists sang "Kids" before Kylie closed the main body of the show with a performance of "In My Arms".

The encore began with a performance of "Better the Devil You Know", which was used in some shows of the KylieX2008 tour, followed by "The One" (except on 3, 4 and 12 October where it was removed from the set). At all shows, the closing song was "Love at First Sight".

perhaps she should ditch the 4 act structure and do 7-8 sections and 1 big 80s medley and perhaps and couple mashus.

4 hours ago, andifeel said:

Re : Boxscore - we used to think in our more uneducated days that the sellout capacity was set my the promoters - now we know direct from Livenation on Madame X that they promoters just submit tickets sold (actual and audited) , but completely invent capacities / tickets available (not audited) and report whatever they like. All those years of thinking there was such a thing as a "technical sellout" when in fact its just promoters sending in tickets sold (actual) and tickets available / capacity (invented by Becky in the office).

Is Becky Emily's cousin? :lord:

Holiday- Like a Virgin- Material Girl - Into the groove - Live to tell - Papa don't preach - Open your heart - La isla bonita - Like a Prayer - Express Yourself- Vogue - justify my love - Deeper and deeper - Secret- Take a bow - Don't cry for me argentina - Frozen- Music - Hung Up 4 minutes   (  - back that up to the beat) ?

and we have a good best of concert very boring for the old nostalgic

I hope for something more surprising and stimulating

5 hours ago, andifeel said:

Re : Australia being overprojected - so was the UK on Rebel Heart Tour.

There were due to be 3 O2 dates (one on 12th Dec got replaced with Zurich or somewhere), there were also second dates for Birmingham and Glasgow expected that never came off. The Livenation crew on that tour were quite loose with their mouths as they were annoyed about the start time drama lol

I love your insight into things Neil… and as for Box Office Becky… LOL.

3 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

3 hours ago, stancherry said:

perhaps she should ditch the 4 act structure and do 7-8 sections and 1 big 80s medley and perhaps and couple mashus.

3 hours ago, Celebration said:

Very good idea.

And while she's at it. Skip the usual "A soul's journey from darkness to light". Just sing the hits, cash in the checks, smile at fans that bought too many overpriced items in the merchandise booth and go home.

Hahaha the way all of you had the same exact conversation on MTribe too :Madonna049:

36 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

respecfully gonna disagree here

the whole point of this tour is to presumably celebrate 40 years in the industry, NOT her 'peak' or most successful eras.

Well you actually don’t know what the whole point of the tour is. It’s speculation at this point. If it is a 40 year retrospective I can see adding some songs post Confessions but GP aren’t buying tickets to hear those. If it’s a Greatest Hits tour then besides 4 minutes there are none. I really didn’t care for the Rebel Heart tour and I couldn’t be bothered or cared to see Madame X tour. If this tour leans on more recent music then I’ll pass on it. 

1 hour ago, Danton said:

Holiday- Like a Virgin- Material Girl - Into the groove - Live to tell - Papa don't preach - Open your heart - La isla bonita - Like a Prayer - Express Yourself- Vogue - justify my love - Deeper and deeper - Secret- Take a bow - Don't cry for me argentina - Frozen- Music - Hung Up 4 minutes   (  - back that up to the beat) ?

and we have a good best of concert very boring for the old nostalgic

I hope for something more surprising and stimulating

How is this boring??? 💀 Half of these haven't been performed in centuries, they're actually more surprising than some ass fan fave track lmao

1 hour ago, soduster said:

What do you think guys, more or less how much the tickets might cost? 🤔

I think the tickets will be more affordable this time, not cheap, but not as expensive as they used to be. The tour will be an opportunity to remind the public of M's enormous legacy, not used just as a financial opportunity.

3 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I think the tickets will be more affordable this time, not cheap, but not as expensive as they used to be. The tour will be an opportunity to remind the public of M's enormous legacy, not used just as a financial opportunity.

Absolutely agree,  she certainly can’t do what The Boss does and do that insane dynamic pricing, at least not in the UK. 

2 hours ago, soduster said:

What do you think guys, more or less how much the tickets might cost? 🤔

It depends of the venue. Ok let's speculate, since even if it is a very strong rumor and we all wish it, at the moment no official announcement has been made, and you know #soon... :tongue:
Ok, i will say in Stadiums general admission standing ticket prices may be something like USD $100/150, golden circle USD $300/350, stalls USD $200/250 some VIP package that includes something like and empty holographic sleeve or whatever probably USD $650. For arenas add an extra USD $100. 

Dynamic pricing is in full swing in the UK. Recent gigs ive been to have seen silly prices. I go to 100+ gigs a year- so let me share some recent experiences - I got pit tickets for Backstreet Boys for £200 which shot up to £900 and sold out. Westlife (dont judge me) I got front row for £300 and within an hour they'd gone to £1000 and had sold out. Bieber I held off buying the a $300 package which then cost me $1200. Same for other gigs ive done recently - Diana Ross, Rod Stewart and so on. The upside is that dynamic pricing also sees tickets go down - as they did for Madonna at The London Palladium and all the US dates on Madame X were people who paid $3000 a ticket were sat next to people who paid $138 or even $50 for some of the Chicago dates. 

Big gigs are still selling out. The good seats are going at a premium, higher than before and promoters are then hedging their bets and slash prices or even give them away (Blue, Steps, Diana Ross) closer to the date. No reason to think Madonna will be any different. 

It's the mid price tickets that are always the slowest to go - the first tickets to go according to Livenation are the cheap ones. So it's going to be key how they price the back floor level 1 seats I think. Big fans will want to be in the front half of the arena and many will pay whatever it takes to be there, for me its going to be interesting to see what they do with the so-so seats. For Rebel Heart they implemented dynamic pricing right at the last minute at the O2 and sold one row on, one row off I the upper decks for the second night which is also a way of filling it up.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic