The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

On 1/12/2023 at 3:09 PM, Dj Garrido said:

I´d preffer The Immaculate Tour but I like this one too. 

I bet she will call it Finally Enough Love Tour or something related to the compilation albums. I'd would love to she perform some of her old hits on the compilation album (Keep It Together, Causing a Commotion, Impressive Instant, Hollywood etc), perform some songs that haven't been performed live on a  tour (Nothing Really Matters, Bedtime Story, Physical Attraction, etc) or perform some songs from her debut album since it turns 40 years old this year 

18 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Watch that be the big reissue this year. Not Madonna debut, not ROL, but Celebration and 2 side small releases for RSD. LOL

I know you are joking, but let's not mislead people here.  Her debut album is making its 40th mark alongside her career.  Her team has been quite celebratory about her 40th, so there is no doubt, they are going to capitalize on that.  If you rationalize it, "Everybody" is the only thing that has reached it's 40th mark at this point.  "Burning Up" will soon.  The Debut album will celebrate its 40th by July as "Holiday" in Sept.  We got a physical re-issue of "Everybody" 40th, so it would be foolish to abandoned what's chronologically happened for a Greatest Hits record that happened it 2009.  And you can bet there will be something regarding ROL's 25th whether it's digital and/or physical.  @GregVsMatt who seems to have a keen sense of what's going on, has proven that there is a lot going on since the last few months into this next year.  It's only just beginning.  This is big!

57 minutes ago, SuperBicycle said:

Oh wow a few months off the forum and I come back to this!!! So exciting!!!! Do you think she will include Asia/Australia this time? Surely will have to do Japan at least.

Well it seems that she's touring south America and she hasn't done both South America and Asia in the same tour since 1993. On the other hand, it seems it will be "her biggest tour", so she could do Asia in 2024

Just now, Blue Jean said:

Now I’m just wondering if this “greatest hits” part is true how she’s going to narrow that down to 18-20 songs?

Medleys I imagine. It’s not as though she hasn’t done them before… I mean even the Super Bowl was essentially one giant medley…. 

Of course not an entire show of short numbers but I can imagine a few!

45 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Now I’m just wondering if this “greatest hits” part is true how she’s going to narrow that down to 18-20 songs?

Medleys and rotate songs. she would get bored doing exactly the same songs night after night

It would be amazing if she had 10-20 songs rehearsed that she could switch around when she felt like it in the 3rd section for example 

3 minutes ago, scion said:

So if the tour really is going to focus on 80s hits I imagine we can reasonably expect every 80s single pretty much, even those that weren’t hits.

I doubt that. She’s not going to do a greatest hits tour and perform The Look of Love or Oh father. Even if there’s lots of 80’s stuff there will be 90’s and 2000’s and beyond to fit in too.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic