The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

2 hours ago, scion said:

So if the tour really is going to focus on 80s hits I imagine we can reasonably expect every 80s single pretty much, even those that weren’t hits.

I imagine Dress You Up will return on guitar, although I’d love her to open with it like VT.

Opening with Dress you Up is an amazing idea

37 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Opening with Dress you Up is an amazing idea

Even if on Guitar… 

Imagine a stage in the round,  with a really long modern intro and then you hear the 80s vocals ‘gonna dress you up in my looooooooooove…’,  loads of heavy guitar and then there she is, centre stage on a descendiing podium with her guitar… 

The crowd cheers…. 

1… 2… a 1… 2…. 3… 4…

Into dress you up… 

Thafs how you make an iconic entrance without any real physical effort… think Tina on her last tour, or Celine in 2008.

17 minutes ago, scion said:

Why would her performing pretty much every 80s single mean she can’t also do those songs?.. 

80s singles are approximately 25 songs, so unless you want the show to last 3 hours (and you are willing to pay for such a production), there would be very little room left for later hits.

this will be Madonna s best tour and honestly i cant wait. im sure we re in for multiple surprises on that tour ! since it a world tour, a simple to the point name would be fine . celebration tour sounds ok, its indeed a celebration for 40 yrs!

she said multiple time shes not into her older stuff....older in 2023 means almost up to MDNA !!! so i can see her performing songs from all decades but putting a spin on them 

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

if she's only doing 80's songs then why are Billboard reporting that she will perform music from her entire catalogue, dating back to her 1983 self-titled debut album through her most recent studio album, 2019’s Madame X lol

There will def be some Madame X songs I think just hope is not many. To be honest I don't care what songs she does if the live arrangements sound great 

14 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I never thought the day would have come when we'd see a Madonna greatest hits tour. A Celebration tour happening in 2023 sounds surreal. Who convinced her to do it?

Time, money and a decade of flopping.

Sorry, I love her and I love all her new stuff but playing the game for once in soooo long is going to be good for her and for us. It's about time to milk all those hits. And to bring some of the general public back on board. A celebration, indeed.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic