The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

5 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Is she really gonna name it ‘The Celebration Tour’?!

It just seems so unimaginative. Unless they’re gonna repackage the album of the same name.

I want something more iconic, like…

‘THE ICONOGRAPHY TOUR’

“Iconography” was the rumored title of “Celebration” back in 2009 🤭

13 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Is she really gonna name it ‘The Celebration Tour’?!

No one knows yet.  This only came about because Matt Rettemmund commented about the tour announcement and stated:

The name "Celebration Tour" was batted around and may now be cast aside.

For some reason, some latched on as if that was the name picked when nothing officially has been said and Matt has stated the title may have been "cast aside".

On 1/13/2023 at 10:47 AM, Dj Garrido said:

I´m from Brazil and there´s no rumor here about Madonna coming with this tour yet. But, of couse, I´d love it to be true. 

You know that if she's already booking venues in Southamerica (Chile and Uruguay) there's no way she's skipping Brazil or Argentina! Political turmoil in the region worries me though.

On 1/13/2023 at 2:04 PM, Alm47 said:

Yeah, but I think M is playing in more countries than Harry. Add Uruguay to the list and probably Ecuador, Paraguay and Puerto Rico.

Ecuador and Paraguay sound like really small markets. I highly doubt she's ever going to those countries. Puerto Rico feels more reasonable.

On 1/13/2023 at 4:17 PM, Bjonkers said:

None of her 80s hits have a snappy tour name vibe to them really. Maybe The Lucky Star Tour? Or maybe going back to where it all started for her - The Danceteria Tour - could work either. Exciting times. We shall know very soon... 

Also, seeing as they're focussing mainly on 80s songs for this tour (if Matthew is correct that is), I could see Warner doing re-issues for the first 4 albums this year... it seems like a lot, but would kind of make sense.

Didn't she say that would be an awful name for her biopic? I don't think she'll ever consider to name one of her tours after that. And as for reissues.. they've been done multiple times since 2012. The only album I could see being expanded in 2023 is the debut because it's the 40th anniversary.

22 hours ago, sara94 said:

I mean she'd really be since inflation is kicking everyone's a$$ around here. Many fans couldn't afford too expensive tickets

Isn't it interesting that every time the world is facing a global economic crisis she goes on tour?! lol

20 hours ago, Babooshka said:

if the name of the tour is Celebration Tour we can expect a reissue of the Celebration vinyls

Wishful thinking. I definitely don't think she would waste money on a 14-year old compilation. Finally Enough Love still feels very recent.

18 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

The MADONNA World Tour

Now this is epic. Brilliant. Nothing to add. 

That would be genius. Simple but 100% effective. Wasn't the MDNA Tour announced like that in February 2012? Then they started printing posters with the updated tour name.

Celebration Tour is a great name, it literally represents the show for what it is, a Greatest Hits show, locals go crazy for these things lol. Also like it or not, but Celebration is her latest and most complete hits compilation, so linking it to the tour and referencing it would not be a bad idea 👀 lowkey here for this lol

You all thinking of unused names, she never had a tour named after Ray of light...  What if she calls it Ray Of Light Tour and coincides with the 25th anniversary deluxe boxset!!! 

:Madonna034::Madonna034::Madonna034::Madonna034::Madonna034:

😩 I'd cUm so hard she'll have to swim to get to the stage every night, Drowned World performance will look great on DVD! 

1 hour ago, Justice said:

I am talking about general public. They want hits, not obscure stuff.

Of course, I want her to reinvent her hit songs, but I wouldn't  like the latest remixes (Hung Up, Material Girl), which sound more like some artist featuring Madonna.

I don't think the general public would want to go see Madonna in concert, especially at the price of the tickets! there will only be hardcore fans who will do several dates right and left. so rather than trying to seduce the general public she better take care of her loyal fans despite all the unfortunate attitudes and disregard for their expectations / so as a good and loyal fan i want a new album and a hip style tour with lots of new songs

46 minutes ago, Danton said:

I don't think the general public would want to go see Madonna in concert, especially at the price of the tickets! there will only be hardcore fans who will do several dates right and left. so rather than trying to seduce the general public she better take care of her loyal fans despite all the unfortunate attitudes and disregard for their expectations / so as a good and loyal fan i want a new album and a hip style tour with lots of new songs

I'm sorry but i have to disagree.

Her hardcore fans are very important but this tour can't be successful without the locals.

With the right PR strategy and Social Media management she can easily regain respect and interest from the general public.

Some of you guys are underestimating the Power of her Legendary name and status. She still has millions of inactive fans out there, people who love her but haven't paid attention to her for years and wouldn't hesitate to see her live. 

3 hours ago, tscott said:

No one knows yet.  This only came about because Matt Rettemmund commented about the tour announcement and stated:

For some reason, some latched on as if that was the name picked when nothing officially has been said and Matt has stated the title may have been "cast aside".

You missed a step. DrownedMadonna confirmed it's called Celebration 

Posted this somewhere else, but I guess it's more appropriate in this thread:

I simply can't imagine her doing a tour without a recent studio album at the heart of it, not to mention a greatest hits tour in the sense people are hoping for. Personally, I'm prepared for this show to be based on Finally Enough Love and her legacy as a dance act. She seemed really into the process of compiling and editing mixes for that retrospective and I can see her, for better or for worse, approaching the tour from that angle. As in the show being a continuous dance set drawing on her favourite mixes which might actually get her to play a crowd-pleasing selection of songs but not in the way casual concert goers would like to hear them.

This will most likely get billed as a greatest hits tour for promotional purposes, but I'm pretty sure she's going to do everything she can to make this feel as un-greatest-hits-tour-ish as she possibly can. She's never really dipped into this walk down memory lane thing except for minor and singular moments. Then again, it's been almost four years since Madame X and we don't really know where she's at personally and artistically. Who knows what she's up to. Given the entire process, I don't think she'd agree to a tour unless she has something substantial to say. I don't think she'd put herself through a world tour for the money only.

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

You missed a step. DrownedMadonna confirmed it's called Celebration 

No step was missed.  DrownedMadonna confrimed nothing.  They aren't an official source.  They are in no way a reliable source and have been known to make things up and back pedal. They are just regurgitating what Matt Rettemmund has posted who isn't an official source either, but being he's behind Madonna Encyclopedia, he tends to be more credible.  Saying that, in no way am I saying what he's shared is official or accurate. But he stated that "Celebration" was a title they had been considering, but it's most likely been dismissed.

My bets the title has something to do with her name, Finally Enough Love or a specific album, possibly her debut album or possibly ROL.  It's all a guess at this point. It could be something entirely new!  :)

22 minutes ago, acolyte said:

Posted this somewhere else, but I guess it's more appropriate in this thread:

I simply can't imagine her doing a tour without a recent studio album at the heart of it, not to mention a greatest hits tour in the sense people are hoping for. Personally, I'm prepared for this show to be based on Finally Enough Love and her legacy as a dance act. She seemed really into the process of compiling and editing mixes for that retrospective and I can see her, for better or for worse, approaching the tour from that angle. As in the show being a continuous dance set drawing on her favourite mixes which might actually get her to play a crowd-pleasing selection of songs but not in the way casual concert goers would like to hear them.

This will most likely get billed as a greatest hits tour for promotional purposes, but I'm pretty sure she's going to do everything she can to make this feel as un-greatest-hits-tour-ish as she possibly can. She's never really dipped into this walk down memory lane thing except for minor and singular moments. Then again, it's been almost four years since Madame X and we don't really know where she's at personally and artistically. Who knows what she's up to. Given the entire process, I don't think she'd agree to a tour unless she has something substantial to say. I don't think she'd put herself through a world tour for the money only.

My bet is she's going to get up there and rub the same overt sexuality she was famous for in the 80's and 90's in peoples faces at age 65. It's the same message of the past 10 years or more basically.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic