The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

44 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

No way we are getting three more albums and 4 more tours

You seem to have a bleak future for Madonna.  As if it's impossible for this to happen?  Not to say she will produce so many albums or tours in the next ten years, but there are a number of aging artists like Dolly Parton and Elton John, who are in their mid to late 70's, who have released multiple albums between the age of 65 to 75 as well as tours.  Elton John between the age of 65 to now (75) has released 4 studio albums, not including Rocketman Soundtrack and the multiple Greatest Hits collections.  He has toured 6 times within that time frame as well.  I'm not saying she's going to do the same here, but it's not entirely impossible.  She's 64.  Not crippled or worse.  Some of you act like she's on her last leg and isn't capable of getting out of her house.  And just up to a day or so ago, some fans still didn't believe she was ever going to tour again, but look where we are today. LOL!

Go read the Vanity Fair article.  She's as eager as ever to continue her music career. She's not going anywhere anytime soon.

49 minutes ago, tscott said:

You seem to have a bleak future for Madonna.  As if it's impossible for this to happen?  Not to say she will produce so many albums or tours in the next ten years, but there are a number of aging artists like Dolly Parton and Elton John, who are in their mid to late 70's, who have released multiple albums between the age of 65 to 75 as well as tours.  Elton John between the age of 65 to now (75) has released 4 studio albums, not including Rocketman Soundtrack and the multiple Greatest Hits collections.  He has toured 6 times within that time frame as well.  I'm not saying she's going to do the same here, but it's not entirely impossible.  She's 64.  Not crippled or worse.  Some of you act like she's on her last leg and isn't capable of getting out of her house.  And just up to a day or so ago, some fans still didn't believe she was ever going to tour again, but look where we are today. LOL!

Go read the Vanity Fair article.  She's as eager as ever to continue her music career. She's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I didn't say anything about age, you made it about age. She said it before that she only made Madame X because she felt inspired (otherwise she wouldn't have) and that she made MDNA and Rebel Heart out of contractual obligations. She is free now and no mentions of her working on a new album, four years after Madame X. She is obviously not that interested/inspired anymore. I think she will make at least one more album in the future, but probably one per decade or something.

I don't have a bleak future for Madonna, because I don't consider not making tons of new albums a bleak future. She can finally do whatever she wants and I'll take it whenever she gives it to me. But she doesn't have to do anything.

Just now, Fabiolous said:

I didn't say anything about age, you made it about age. She said it before that she only made Madame X because she felt inspired (otherwise she wouldn't have) and that she made MDNA and Rebel Heart out of contractual obligations. She is free now and no mentions of her working on a new album, four years after Madame X. She is obviously not that interested/inspired anymore. I think she will make at least one more album in the future, but probably one per decade or something.

I don't have a bleak future for Madonna, because I don't consider not making tons of new albums a bleak future. She can finally do whatever she wants and I'll take it whenever she gives it to me. But she doesn't have to do anything.

I didn't bring age into it, to make it about age.  I was simply pointing out that it isn't impossible for her to tour a few more times in the next ten years as well as produce several more studio albums.  I don't agree she isn't "that inspired/interested anymore".  I think your confusing her intentions of making her last several albums.  It's not that she's not interested or inspired, it's just the music business is changing from how she used to produce music, and now she has to adjust to those ways to continue doing what she wants.  Again, read the latest VF article.  She is very much inspired and interested.  She specifically pointed that out and even commented she isn't stopping anytime soon.

3 hours ago, M82 said:

I got tickets for the Vancouver date, but I am a little nervous as it’s the very first show of the tour - and most of us all know what has happened with opening dates of her tours. 

This is what we know:

Drowned World Tour - Cancelled - Production Issues 

Madame X - Cancelled - Production issues 

All other tour opening nights since 1985 were performed as scheduled 

Let's not create fear 

19 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

This is what we know:

Drowned World Tour - Cancelled - Production Issues 

Madame X - Cancelled - Production issues 

All other tour opening nights since 1985 were performed as scheduled 

Let's not create fear 

Weren't there issues for Rebel heart tour too? Or am I misremembering?

20 minutes ago, tscott said:

I didn't bring age into it, to make it about age.  I was simply pointing out that it isn't impossible for her to tour a few more times in the next ten years as well as produce several more studio albums.  I don't agree she isn't "that inspired/interested anymore".  I think your confusing her intentions of making her last several albums.  It's not that she's not interested or inspired, it's just the music business is changing from how she used to produce music, and now she has to adjust to those ways to continue doing what she wants.  Again, read the latest VF article.  She is very much inspired and interested.  She specifically pointed that out and even commented she isn't stopping anytime soon.

I mean, I'd be happy with more albums and more tours

14 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Weren't there issues for Rebel heart tour too? Or am I misremembering?

Yes. The tour was supposed to open in Miami. Then the first 2 weeks of shows were postponed to January and the opening night became Montreal in August. Lots of fans who booked flights and hotels were screwed.

I think worrying about Vancouver is a genuine concern but people can take steps to make it less risky (example, don't book flights/hotels until closer to the date.) There is always risk of cancellation with events, it is in the terms and conditions so its important to consider that when planning these things.

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

It was not. 3 shows were announced when the tour was announced. A 4th “Citi Vault” show was added later

Oh you're right, that Citi Vault thing is what I was thinking of. What the hell was that even? Just Citi Bank members only? 

PS: wasn't there a city that was announced late in the game? Maybe San Francisco? Fuck I can't remember. 

I got tickets to see my gorgeous Queen Madonna for her Cleveland concert!! 😎 ❤️🎵❤️

I’m so excited!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳👑🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Edited by Pretty Madonna (see edit history)

56 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Oh you're right, that Citi Vault thing is what I was thinking of. What the hell was that even? Just Citi Bank members only? 

PS: wasn't there a city that was announced late in the game? Maybe San Francisco? Fuck I can't remember. 

I think it was initially supposed to be but then not that many tickets sold so they opened it up to everyone. It was so weird. Or maybe Citi members got discounted tickets and able to buy tickets in advance idk

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic