The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

2 minutes ago, sara94 said:

So cool that you are teachers. I had once one who really loved Robbie Williams lol. But the rest were always so strict and boring

Interesting to know the jobs of fellow Madonna fans. 

Problem is I teach Latin and couldn't talk about Madonna... And I didn't tell them what I was doing ehe. But I kept checking the 170k people long Ticketmaster queue during oral tests.

In the meantime, while I was teaching, just for 2 hrs, second Milan show was added and sold out. I can still buy floor seats in Viagogo: one person is selling them for 15.000 euros! :laughing:

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

You’ve got to laugh at all the fans that have been repeatedly claiming on this very forum that she would struggle to sell an arena tour

Absolutely! I remember rading it wouldn't be realistic to sell out the O2 for four nights, well....

But I must admit that I am too amazed by how fast tickets are selling at those prices, in light of her more iffy public performances and with the fact that she isn't promoting anything like an album or re-issue. So all the sales are based on clout alone

1 minute ago, Pretender1978 said:

Absolutely! I remember rading it wouldn't be realistic to sell out the O2 for four nights, well....

But I must admit that I am too amazed by how fast tickets are selling at those prices, in light of her more iffy public performances and with the fact that she isn't promoting anything like an album or re-issue. So all the sales are based on clout alone

I never thought for a second that she wouldn’t be able to do another arena tour. But I never imagined she’d do this well.

In fact, I was convinced Ticketmaster was making it seem more hyped than it was by withholding tickets. But it seems no, it really is selling well. The hype is real.

14 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

You’ve got to laugh at all the fans that have been repeatedly claiming on this very forum that she would struggle to sell an arena tour

This is true but as far as I remember never like this time it was so hard to find seats and there were so many bots and fake purchases that tickets were sold on secondary markets already during presale. Pits seats are resold on Viagogo! No fan would resell such ticket the day after buying.

But it's true that we kept hearing people who said they are not going this time but all ended up buying except @wtg1987 (forgive me dear, I too pray for unreleased demos and you know it)

Also, for MXT the lottery probably prevented people from fighting for a ticket and the hits of course are more exciting for the GP.

My real concern is that they keep adding dates and we know what happened during Madame X. They asked M too much and apparently nobody learnt the lesson because money is the only thing that matters. I pray that everything goes well this time but it's going to be an exhausting tour.

yes the hype is real, even though I am a bit puzzled still with what sold out means these days :lol: So the first Amsterdam date was sold out in minutes and yet an hour later I could still buy premium seats, and right at this moment there are still plenty of seats availlable, so that's a bit of a mystery to me

I do understand why it is selling well... a Greatest hits tour is what the masses has been wanting from Madonna for years... I especially remember how many people were leaving from the MDNA concerts because of of to few big hits being performed... fans might enjoy everything she preforms... but the general public... really wants the big hits.

You know what I'm looking forward to the most: when concert fans will start:

"She has no respect for her fans. My ticket show start time said 8pm and I expected her to come on at 8.03pm at the latest. She didn't come on stage until 4 days later. I'm fuming. Never again...."

Edited by stevemic
Error (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, stevemic said:

You know what I'm looking forward to the most: when concert fans will start:

"She has no respect for her fans. My ticket show start time said 8pm and I expected her to come on at 8.03pm at the latest. She didn't come on stage until 4 days later. I'm fuming. Never again...."

And… “she cut the first four songs, cut the middle section medley, tried to scam me out of two thousand dollars for a Polaroid of her ass and then left without saying bye”. 

I will freely admit I was one of the ones skeptical she could sell out an arena tour, and I'm completely blown away by not only the good sales in general, but the fact she's absolutely obliterating sales from at least MDNA Tour days...in fact, I don't remember this much hype about getting Madonna tickets since Confessions.

I figured her late start times would be enough to kill attendance, but I guess it just doesn't matter enough to the general public. She's that good live. Low key iconic that she'll probably do the same thing with this tour and yet STILL have people coming for sold out shows night after night. What a legend.

I bought a ticket for the Cologne show (my payment went through), but on my Ticketmaster account I see the following message:

"We are still working on a few final details before your tickets will be available here. But don't worry, tickets will be made available at least 3 days before the event."

Does somebody know if it is normal and how long it usually takes to see the eTicket?

I just see the seat number and the total cost I paid right now...

5 minutes ago, SonnyX said:

I bought a ticket for the Cologne show (my payment went through), but on my Ticketmaster account I see the following message:

"We are still working on a few final details before your tickets will be available here. But don't worry, tickets will be made available at least 3 days before the event."

Does somebody know if it is normal and how long it usually takes to see the eTicket?

For Toronto night one I have e tickets and ticketmaster advises the following 'Your tickets will be ready prior to event – anytime after 8:30pm on Thu, Aug 10, 2023 (we'll email you a reminder when they're ready).'

6 minutes ago, SonnyX said:

This is perfectly normal you will get your E- ticket will get released to your account the week of the event. Don’t worry ❤️

9 minutes ago, Curator said:

Ooh, I wonder if this means more dates for the same venues or new venues and cities

I suspect there are more cities coming because there is quite a few gaps in the schedule and it seems unlikely for additional shows in a lot of the existing cities . For example the gap after Lisbon.

1 minute ago, Curator said:

Ooh, I wonder if this means more dates for the same venues or new venues and cities

I can see them maybe adding extra shows in Barcelona, Paris, Milan and Amsterdam as well as an additional couple of cities such as Madrid (after Lisbon) and perhaps Zurich, Hamburg or another UK city (after Amsterdam). 

Hello Infinity!!! I hope you all have had the best of luck and have been able to get the tickets we love so much. I would like to ask a question, if it were not too much trouble: I have tickets for both days in Barcelona, but to go all the friends together on the same day... would anyone be interested in exchanging a ticket for the first day (November 1) for a ticket for the second day (November 2)? both entries would be on TRACK A. Thank you very much in advance.

21 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

I can see them maybe adding extra shows in Barcelona, Paris, Milan and Amsterdam as well as an additional couple of cities such as Madrid (after Lisbon) and perhaps Zurich, Hamburg or another UK city (after Amsterdam). 

They’ve already added a 3rd show for Paris. A 4th show would be surprising considering RHT only had 2.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

They’ve already added a 3rd show for Paris. A 4th show would be surprising considering RHT only had 2.

I highly doubt they're returning to Paris to do one extra show. There's gotta be a 4th show, otherwise they would have gone for another city that they could do 2 shows in (Zurich for example).

1 hour ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I will freely admit I was one of the ones skeptical she could sell out an arena tour, and I'm completely blown away by not only the good sales in general, but the fact she's absolutely obliterating sales from at least MDNA Tour days...in fact, I don't remember this much hype about getting Madonna tickets since Confessions.

I figured her late start times would be enough to kill attendance, but I guess it just doesn't matter enough to the general public. She's that good live. Low key iconic that she'll probably do the same thing with this tour and yet STILL have people coming for sold out shows night after night. What a legend.

It just goes to show you that even fans shouldn't underestimate the power of Madonna.  I knew that she wouldn't have an issue selling well, especially being a Greatest Hits tour.  In fact, it may have been more of a struggle if she was touring a new album.  Let's face it, people want to hear the hits. 

As for the lateness, I think the fans have overblown the issue the most.  The general public moved on and/or accepted it.  I'm sure it still is on a lot of people's minds, but we're several tours in with her known to come on late.  I think many people just come to expect this is going to happen.  And of course, there will always be those who know this, yet still will not be prepared.  To me, I expect and will plan to be out late when attending a Madonna concert.  It's not the end of the world.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic