The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

I hope the journey from dark to light is skipped this time. We need a new formula. I also hope it's not just about tongue and ass and Tokisha tiktok moves.

It would be nice to go from the 2010s to the 80s and end with Everybody.

You'll hate me for saying that, but I'd love if she recreated some iconic looks of the past, even if Cher has done it already. I wonder if she can still be believable in her Maripol or BAT style. When Cher comes on stage dressed in her 60s Sonny and Cher style or in her Turn back time look, she is fabulous. It's really a trip down memory lane.

Surely one of the most interesting things for long time fans is gonna be the way she will choose to tell her story, her musical catalogue and most of all the journey of themes, fights, scandals and events of her career and life (from Sex to Evita, from her motherhood to losses and marriages, for example, things that influenced her songs).

My hope is an organic kind of story telling more than proposing again chronologically her looks and career. My fear is the effect of a memory lane kind of effect, you know, more than a celebration - icon status statement show. Of course she's gonna allude to some looks and era aesthetics, I only hope, except a few tracks,  it's going to be minimal and contextualized in an organic story telling wich focuses on the meaning of her work and HUGE global impact.

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

Mine were really nasty: Why Rescue me was scrapped? Why doesn't Madonna have a bass player anymore? :devil:

Yeah Enrico, that's a very good question. So tell us: WHY??? What did he answer? (I would have paid just to see his face when you asked your question man :lol:)

1 hour ago, SonnyX said:

I bought a ticket for the Cologne show (my payment went through), but on my Ticketmaster account I see the following message:

"We are still working on a few final details before your tickets will be available here. But don't worry, tickets will be made available at least 3 days before the event."

Does somebody know if it is normal and how long it usually takes to see the eTicket?

I just see the seat number and the total cost I paid right now...

It is usual these days, yes. They only make the digital tickets available days before the actual event.

47 minutes ago, stefo said:

Yeah Enrico, that's a very good question. So tell us: WHY??? What did he answer? (I would have paid just to see his face when you asked your question man :lol:)

You can read his answers in one of my posts on previous page.

Everyone was looking at me like a spy inside the theatre. Also, I kept asking questions to make the visit longer. I didn't want questions like "How is it working for Madonna?" :laughing:

Yesterday I was pissed off, stressed, maybe angry cause of the tickets I had in my hands "and lost" when buying. Ended up with Floor GA tickets, for 180...more than the other ones that were much better.

Today I found a 4 episode radio show from Portugal, that started in December 2022 and ended this January 2. Before we know about the tour. Each episode has between 45 and 47 minutes. I guess it's a lot :-) It's really cool, I also   had tears in my eyes, when they played Papa Dont Preach, one of my first Madonna memories from my  childhood. 

I was listening to it while making my list of songs for the tour...it was 39, then 41! Plus a list of 19 songs, that are fake outtakes because I would like to hear them too. La la la  la la te dijo te amo 

I guess I can hear them all, on medleys :smile:

6 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I bought physical tickets because I collect them. This is how the Italian ticket is going to look like (but it will arrive in October) 

B77DF357-5980-4BC0-99D9-CEF4357E0742.jpeg.b6c5732820e54e0f856f0958d9b9e83b.jpeg

Don't share your ticket online, unless you want someone to show up early at the venue and get in before you with the barcode.

These tickets remind me of the Blond Ambition tour ones.

I wonder if she's gonna play the same songs at every shows. I mean for example Borderline is a must in North America whereas in Europe it was not a hit nor it is a favourite. 

I also wonder if they're gonna retool Celebration or make a brand new box/compilation since Celebration missed most of her ballads.

2 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

I can see them maybe adding extra shows in Barcelona, Paris, Milan and Amsterdam as well as an additional couple of cities such as Madrid (after Lisbon) and perhaps Zurich, Hamburg or another UK city (after Amsterdam). 

I was expecting Vienna or Munich to be added between Cologne and Milan. But she's going  back to Paris on 19th Nov. Maybe new Milan or Paris dates... 

See you all in BOSTON!!!

My Dream Setlist:

Intro:

Skin

Section One: Danceteria Nights

Spotlight

Over And Over

Open Your Heart

I Know It

Everybody

Can’t Stop

Section Two: The Girl From Michigan

Frozen On Fire

Who’s That Girl

Ray Of Light

La Isla Bonita 

Rebel Heart

Between The Bars

Section Three: Divinity

Angel

Like A Prayer

Power Of Goodbye

Deeper And Deeper

Nothing Really Matters

Live To Tell

Bedtime Story

Section Four: A Train To Gay Paris

Erotica

Secret

Rain

Fever

Beautiful Stranger (Contains elements of Physical Attraction.)

Justify My Love

Vogue Another Day (mash)

Section Five: Iconoclastic Irony

Hollywood

Don’t Tell Me

Like A Virgin

Borderline

Burning Up

Section Six: Deep Cuts

Think Of Me (contains elements of Tell The Truth)

Stay

Spanish Eyes

Love Tried To Welcome Me

Across The Sky

Section Seven: Celebration

Causing A Commotion

Into The Groove

Don’t Stop

Medellín 

Hung Up

Encore:

Holiday

Love Makes The World Go Round

Ghosttown

Sooooo excited for this! 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic