The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

The Rebel Heart Tour had 49 shows in North America + Europe. The Celebration tour already has 61.  If she extends the tour in 2024 (she will) this will be her longest tour ever.

I can see her taking a break for a month and half and then starting again mid-January in South America, then maybe go to Australia in February and Asia in March. And there you have it, 120 shows.

2 hours ago, tscott said:

Pessimism at best.  It ain't a true party without a couple of 'Party Poopers' trying to bring things down!  I think the fact she's embarked on 11 tours, multiple one off concerts and benefit concerts with very little mishaps until MX, says a lot for her track record as a touring artist.  No one tours that long without some issues happening that may piss off some fans and/or result in shows being cancelled.  MXT was ONE unfortunate tour that was plagued with various issues, mostly her injury, yet more than not she still went on, while experiencing excruciating pain. Not saying, the new tour won't experiences some hiccups, but I think I'd rather be optimistic rather spread pessimism. Let's hope this new tour will be a great experience for everyone!  :luv: 

Exactly. Young artists today like Shawn Menses and Bieber cancel shows because they are unhappy on tour.

Now I don’t want to diss those guys, I think it’s fantastic this new generation are better at looking after their mental health and well-being. But the point is the schedules are punishing and apart from the last tour Madonna has barely cancelled a show in her 40 year career. She would not commit to this tour if there was risk of a repeat of that I am certain of it.

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Let's remember the original press release mentioning the tour will be an hommage to New York City so there's got to be an arc linking the songs wth that theme. I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a big club segment.

Exactly. There will be a NYC 80s grunge section at the beginning of the show:

Everybody

Into the Groove 

Lucky Star 

Angel/Cherish/True Blue 

Crazy For You 

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly. Young artists today like Shawn Menses and Bieber cancel shows because they are unhappy on tour.

Now I don’t want to diss those guys, I think it’s fantastic this new generation are better at looking after their mental health and well-being. But the point is the schedules are punishing and apart from the last tour Madonna has barely cancelled a show in her 40 year career. She would not commit to this tour if there was risk of a repeat of that I am certain of it.

It seems to me she feels up to the task. She's always proven to be a tough cookie.  So if anything happens even on this tour, that wears her physicality down, it's unintentional on her part. Anyone in her position is going to prove they are up to the task of performing at least to how they performed previously.  Madonna has never been the sort of artist to give in to anything that may prevent her from achieving a task.  Meanwhile, we have multiple artists who are older than Madonna and far less active as her, still touring and doing just fine.  It amazes me that some fans use one moment in her career that prevents her from being at her best as if it's the end of her career.  This is Madonna we are talking about.  Just recently, Donna Delory admitted not being able to keep up with Madonna  over 35 years ago, so there is no doubt it's the same now.  Fans who demean or count Madonna out at this point, have no idea who she really is and what she's capable of.

2 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but she will be performing in Tulsa on the actual day of the 40th anniversary. "Madonna" was released July 27 1983.

No offense to the small Republican state Oklahoma but.... Is that really a place she would celebrate her 40th anniversary at? 

1 minute ago, musicinferno said:

No offense to the small Republican state Oklahoma but.... Is that really a place she would celebrate her 40th anniversary at? 

"No offense".... but what does politics have to do with her celebrating her 40th Anniversary of her first album?  I'm sure the last thing any attendee of that particular show will be thinking of where they stand politically, if Madonna chooses to acknowledge her 1st album's 40th Anniversary. 

7 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

The Rebel Heart Tour had 49 shows in North America + Europe. The Celebration tour already has 61.  If she extends the tour in 2024 (she will) this will be her longest tour ever.

I can see her taking a break for a month and half and then starting again mid-January in South America, then maybe go to Australia in February and Asia in March. And there you have it, 120 shows.

I'm sure she'll do. Why not? I don't think she'll dance (like the previous shows) anymore, maybe she'll make a soft dance...and this is the best thing to do. 

8 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Watch me jump on stage and catch that phone then. Holiday has to be performed! 

Who has seen her live over the last twenty years can understand what i'm saying...there are songs that she has re-proposed in all sorts of ways, we can't take it anymore. Why not instead highlights her lesser-known repertoire?....Physical Attraction...Till Death Do Us Part...Secret Garden...Stay (one of my favourites)...American Pie...Spanish Eyes...Falling Free.
I really hope for a simple album version of "Who's That Girl", the song who made me fall in love with her.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic