The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

8 minutes ago, Lilalo said:

For tomorrows presales they show “Fan club Presale” and “VIP pkg presale”

I know the fan club presale needs a code , but does the vip package need one? Does anyone know if they are two separate things?  

VIP doesn’t need a code. I was able to buy both VIP packages that I got without one.

Trying for DC tomorrow! Got my work calendar blocked :hyper:

@Shoful will I be seeing you in the pit?

8 hours ago, PlayPause said:

The setlist is likely to include most of the Top 15 or Top 20 of her Spotify page including BTTUTB, plus a couple of fan faves (Rescue Me / Get Together... 🙏), plus maybe one cover of a supermegahit from the 80s or 90s (something between Smells Like Teen Spirit and Barbie Girl ? who knows...) or some famous song she passed on (we might learn things, like, did you know that "this" MJ or Britney or George Michael or Prince-penned hit was rejected by M?). Expect a couple of medleys, a Frozen mash-up with the Sickick version and live versions of FEL remixes. Maybe one or two lesser known singles as interludes.

As TCT has been marketed, it's highly unlikely that album cuts or obscure tracks will be featured in full if at all.

And since she likes to use the current top technology, we can probably expect avatars/holograms as in ABBA Voyage (referring to her NY debut), scenographic devices and interludes that have been never seen on the arena scale.

The surprises shouldn't come from the setlist composition but rather from how songs will be linked together, imagine a Live To Tell / Deeper and Deeper mash-up for example, what will happen on stage (nods to her previous tours) and her interactions with the crowd.

I dunno you know. Sticky & Sweet really did feel more like a greatest hits tour to me than Reinvention (she actually performed more hits on Sticky & Sweet too and sticky and sweet was hella stripped back after the confessions tour. 
The Stage was her most basic since Who’s That Girl really. 
I get the vibe that that she’ll strip back on the set as she’s splurging on the hits. 

This tour is so interesting as it’s really a traditional album cycle on reverse. It’s essentially an exercise in a money grab likely to fund the biopic and an exercise in raising goodwill and her public relations. She needs to make bank in the reissues, and convince the hearts and minds of  those that come to see her live. Everybody who walks through those doors is a potential ticket buyer to her biopic. If she is constantly late or doesn’t deliver she can wave those box office numbers for her biopic goodbye so there’s sorta more at stake rather than an album cycle in the last 15 yrs where the album is essentially there to sell tickets to the tour. 
It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. 

1 hour ago, eXtremeOccident said:

VIP doesn’t need a code. I was able to buy both VIP packages that I got without one.

Trying for DC tomorrow! Got my work calendar blocked :hyper:

@Shoful will I be seeing you in the pit?

WAIT CHILE, We don’t Need presale codes for PIT VIP?

YES IF I CAN GET A TICKET #BattleForYourLife

52 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I dunno you know. Sticky & Sweet really did feel more like a greatest hits tour to me than Reinvention (she actually performed more hits on Sticky & Sweet too and sticky and sweet was hella stripped back after the confessions tour. 
The Stage was her most basic since Who’s That Girl really. 
I get the vibe that that she’ll strip back on the set as she’s splurging on the hits. 

This tour is so interesting as it’s really a traditional album cycle on reverse. It’s essentially an exercise in a money grab likely to fund the biopic and an exercise in raising goodwill and her public relations. She needs to make bank in the reissues, and convince the hearts and minds of  those that come to see her live. Everybody who walks through those doors is a potential ticket buyer to her biopic. If she is constantly late or doesn’t deliver she can wave those box office numbers for her biopic goodbye so there’s sorta more at stake rather than an album cycle in the last 15 yrs where the album is essentially there to sell tickets to the tour. 
It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. 

This is Madonna. She always comes on later and later as a tour progresses. It's not going to change just because she has a biopic potentially coming out 3-5 years from now. Of course it should but I would bet money it won't.

19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

This is Madonna. She always comes on later and later as a tour progresses. It's not going to change just because she has a biopic potentially coming out 3-5 years from now. Of course it should but I would bet money it won't.

I agree she probably will still come on late, but possibly she is wanting to do a little damage control this time around.  Even she must know that no matter what her excuse or how right she think she is, she needs to play the game sometimes.  Put her pride aside, and give what the public wants and not keep them waiting. Like I said, it probably won't mean she'll be on time, but even she must get tired of the people bitching and moaning about her. 

13 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

ya. I really don't need to see her perform Vogue, EY, ROL, LAP ever again. 

Well don’t go then because she’s going to do all 4 of those. And Holiday.

She will not sing any of the silly suggestions we’ve seen in this thread.

13 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Ha he’s claiming it on Instagram lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnsFIGyPNd7/?igshid=Zjc2ZTc4Nzk=

It seems then it was a collaboration then with him and Jess Cuevas? The warping of the imagery is definitely a concept from the latter because he has many digital works like that in his portfolio. In any case I really like it, its very innovative and memorable. A straight up montage of old images would have been so predictable. Or silhouettes. We've seen all that a million times.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It seems then it was a collaboration then with him and Jess Cuevas? The warping of the imagery is definitely a concept from the latter because he has many digital works like that in his portfolio. In any case I really like it, its very innovative and memorable. A straight up montage of old images would have been so predictable. Or silhouettes. We've seen all that a million times.

Yep totally collaborative- Ricardo didn’t do the images - but I guess designed how they went together - 

It's a celebration of her career, so I would be disappointed if she doesn't perform her signature songs, her most relevant hits. Of course I want to see her perform more obscure tracks, but given the context I would absolutely miss LAP or Vogue.

My only request for this tour would be Live to Tell, I know this won't happen but it's time for this song again, and it's my fave from her

1 hour ago, Adriabs said:

It's a celebration of her career, so I would be disappointed if she doesn't perform her signature songs, her most relevant hits. Of course I want to see her perform more obscure tracks, but given the context I would absolutely miss LAP or Vogue.

My only request for this tour would be Live to Tell, I know this won't happen but it's time for this song again, and it's my fave from her

Live To Tell is very likely, actually I’m sure it will part of the set list. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic