The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

4 minutes ago, Madonna Wannabee Collector said:

she's doing back to back shows without much breaks inbetween.

like whyyyy.

That worries me as well. Isn't it too much for her? I know many are excited for the added 2nd nights for some venues, but I would've preferred a break after the European gigs and then after some weeks she could go to South America, Asia & Australia for the final round. 

7 minutes ago, sara94 said:

That worries me as well. Isn't it too much for her? I know many are excited for the added 2nd nights for some venues, but I would've preferred a break after the European gigs and then after some weeks she could go to South America, Asia & Australia for the final round. 

Many are thinking the same , me too! but if she thinks she can do it we can just wait and see

Btw, have you guys noticed the breaks she has around Lisbon dates? 3 free days before the first Lisbon date and 4 free days after the 2nd lisbon date. Thought this was interesting. Lisbon won't have more than the 2nd announced date .And since Paris had its 3rd date added after Cologne, they won't be adding any thing between Lisbon and Paris. 

Does she still have a house here in Portugal? Sounds like she's staying here more than a week with just 2 shows.

36 minutes ago, anton5000 said:

I have a quick question, if someone can help me understand. We got Paris "Golden circle" tickets, but according to TM France there are 3 types of "Fosse Or" (golden circles), does that mean that the GC is divided in 3 parts? I did not notice this detail until I went to Sweden's Ticketmaster website and they have the GA divided into different sections: A (inner GA around main stage), B (on the left side of the catwalk), and B-H (right side). Then you have C which is further back of the arena (regular GA I'd say). The PIT areas are a separate section itself, so it can't be that.

We got the Fosse Or 3 which was the only available and now I'm worried that this "3 section" means that we're outside the actual inner circle and just around the catwalk, which is still "considered GC as it's near the stage" but not the premium one near the main stage :(

Paris.jpg

sweden.jpg

One Is front stage Golden and the others on the side I think...

2 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Eh, just based off the itinerary, I could still see additional dates in the following:

• Vancouver
  • Phoenix
  • Chicago
  • Cleveland
  • DC

But otherwise, yes, I'm with you -- This is probably it.

Judging by the fact that a second date has yet to be added to Vancouver, I am thinking they're being extra cautious in case opening night will have to move due to "technical and logistic reasons"; they could move the show to the next day.

1 hour ago, Bfree said:

Does anyone know if "Dynamic Pricing" only kicks in at the start of  the "GENERAL PUBLIC" ON-SALE ( i.e. Friday) and NOT during the various PRE-Sales such as Citi Card or Live Nation pre-sales that lead up to it (i.e. Today/Tues/Thurs)?

Or does each unique Pre-sale during the week ALSO have Dynamic Pricing during it's own individual morning/event?  

In other words, do only people who don't have Legacy Icon, Cit-card, or Live Nation PRE-SALE access have to deal with insanity of Dynamic Pricing during  General Public On-Sale this Friday? 

Thanks for your help! 

I work with Ticketmaster.

Every show is different depending on how the promoter has set it up with the venue and TM.

What it looks like from my experience:

There are limited presale/Icon/VIP tickets until the public onsale. Those seats seem to be a set price and are selling quickly.

During the public onsale, the VIP tickets are expanded due to demand but still remain the same price. Regular seats that weren’t available during presale are being dynamically priced like crazy. Some seats doubling in price in an hour. 

Hate on TM all you want (they DID set up this system as an option to artists - so I get it) but the artists and the promoter have to sign off on dynamic pricing for it to be implemented when their tickets go on sale. 

It’s hilarious when I see Taylor Swifts vanilla ass “so upset” with Ticketmaster when she (or her people) signed off on dynamic pricing for her shows. 

21 minutes ago, djnathanashby said:

I work with Ticketmaster.

Every show is different depending on how the promoter has set it up with the venue and TM.

What it looks like from my experience:

There are limited presale/Icon/VIP tickets until the public onsale. Those seats seem to be a set price and are selling quickly.

During the public onsale, the VIP tickets are expanded due to demand but still remain the same price. Regular seats that weren’t available during presale are being dynamically priced like crazy. Some seats doubling in price in an hour. 

Hate on TM all you want (they DID set up this system as an option to artists - so I get it) but the artists and the promoter have to sign off on dynamic pricing for it to be implemented when their tickets go on sale. 

It’s hilarious when I see Taylor Swifts vanilla ass “so upset” with Ticketmaster when she (or her people) signed off on dynamic pricing for her shows. 

This is true - the artist has to agree to dynamic pricing for it to happen. Taylor Swift would have signed off on it 

18 minutes ago, djnathanashby said:

yeah, it makes no sense that the artists wouldn't know about this practice... it's not like they would allow Ticketmaster to just give them the basic price earnings and keep the rest for themselves... the artist profit from dynamic pricing and it allows them to make much bigger earnings than they would with just regular prices.

11 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Agree - maybe the tour isn't as physical for her as we all think - so maybe she's not doing much dancing and rather the supporting back up dancers are doing all of that - 

I definitely think the tour will be less physical for Madonna this time and she won't risk injuries.... I am totally okay with that, she wouldn't be able to do some complex dance moves anyway, so why risk it.... she has huge presence and charisma even without the dancing, I won't miss choreographies one bit. And even in her strongest days, some amazing performances didn't include crazy dancing... I mean, Future Lovers was just some choreographed posing, and Vogue at MDNA was also mostly walking and doing some arm movements, and it was fantastic. Jumping around and being thrown in the air was never the highlight for me anyway.

1 minute ago, androiduser said:

I definitely think the tour will be less physical for Madonna this time and she won't risk injuries.... I am totally okay with that, she wouldn't be able to do some complex dance moves anyway, so why risk it.... she has huge presence and charisma even without the dancing, I won't miss choreographies one bit. And even in her strongest days, some amazing performances didn't include crazy dancing... I mean, Future Lover was just some choreographed posing, and Vogue at MDNA was also mostly walking and doing some arm movements, and it was fantastic. Jumping around and being thrown in the air was never the highlight for me anyway.

Yep same! Totally agree, and could not have said it better myself! 

43 minutes ago, Jackie said:

#reputation 

I mean while we're trashing other artists, it would be honest to admit that Madonna signed off on dynamic pricing too.  That's why I said the artist will never go against Ticketmaster because it isn't in their own interest to do so.

And while we're talking about facts, Taylor was never upset about dynamic pricing.  She was upset that Ticketmaster assured her and her team their servers would have the capacity to sell millions of tickets worth for 52 shows on sale in the same 3 hours.  They didn't do anything to upgrade their servers, the entire presale code process was a hot mess, and the entire system collapsed on them and left them with this PR disaster.

Ticketmaster interns or whoever literally sent fans codes to shows across the country from their designated preferred cities, the codes for the east coast weren't even checked until millions of bots waited 5 hours and got through to selecting seats, then they paused the other time zones indefinitely and rescheduled the scheduled cardholder presale for another day entirely while they tried to fix their own mess.

That's all on Ticketmaster and their greed/laziness in not even having the professionalism to have a functioning system, then thinking no one would notice the day was an utter disaster as long as all the tickets sold.  Their original BS explanations were walked back by lawyers and edited multiple times as the day went on.  It was a total shitshow and joke, and anyone who is proud of working with Ticketmaster and how they handled it is the vanilla ass.

8 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

I mean while we're trashing other artists, it would be honest to admit that Madonna signed off on dynamic pricing too.  That's why I said the artist will never go against Ticketmaster because it isn't in their own interest to do so.

And while we're talking about facts, Taylor was never upset about dynamic pricing.  She was upset that Ticketmaster assured her and her team their servers would have the capacity to sell millions of tickets worth for 52 shows on sale in the same 3 hours.  They didn't do anything to upgrade their servers, the entire presale code process was a hot mess, and the entire system collapsed on them and left them with this PR disaster.

Ticketmaster interns or whoever literally sent fans codes to shows across the country from their designated preferred cities, the codes for the east coast weren't even checked until millions of bots waited 5 hours and got through to selecting seats, then they paused the other time zones indefinitely and rescheduled the scheduled cardholder presale for another day entirely while they tried to fix their own mess.

That's all on Ticketmaster and their greed/laziness in not even having the professionalism to have a functioning system, then thinking no one would notice the day was an utter disaster as long as all the tickets sold.  Their original BS explanations were walked back by lawyers and edited multiple times as the day went on.  It was a total shitshow and joke, and anyone who is proud of working with Ticketmaster and how they handled it is the vanilla ass.

Madonna totally has - but she's not out there apologizing for the price of her tickets ;)

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic