The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

9 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I geniunely believe she has been depressed for a while, after her personal ups and downs and her lack of success as she had before, RH stolen demos. And she has been mad with the fans in general ergo the grillzs, not giving a damn about her dancing, vocals,..having a controversial physical image and clothes all the time. ,,

Now she has been very surprised for the GP response, who do not forget she has been the top pop female artist ever and want to see her live again singing her great songs, ergo in this video she seems more like the sweet woman of always that everybody loves. That´s why she put out that thing of her mouth. I hope she gets motivated and returns for this tour in her best possible shape and has a mega success.

Now that the world is paying attention to her again (for all the right reasons), this will motivate her to DELIVER. 

With the biopic officially off, it's going to be very interesting to see how preparing for that will effect this tour creatively. Like when she put all that work into the musicals/movies that got scrapped after American Life. And then all of that work and research in that direction gave us Confessions. It feels like a blessing in disguise.

10 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t think a lot of the people with these codes are necessarily more dedicated or deserving than other fans. It would be better if the fans that are most dedicated today have a chance rather than just those who were part of a fanzine subscription that ended almost 20 years ago. They could just give access to anyone who has been signed up for 10 plus years surely, that would be basically everyone on here. A lot of fans cancelled those subscriptions before it ended because the service had gone to the dogs (irregular magazines etc.)

That was me. I started my paying membership when I was 13 years old until I was 29. I cancelled due to the dwindling of value. Therefore, I have no lifetime legacy status. 

That seems a little silly to me. 

15 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I can't imagine going to the bathroom while Madonna is on stage

So right!  Once the show starts, I'm there for the duration.  I ain't paying hundreds of dollars to take a piss break because she's performing "a slow song".  Her interludes and ballads are just as great to see as all the other songs.

11 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t think a lot of the people with these codes are necessarily more dedicated or deserving than other fans. It would be better if the fans that are most dedicated today have a chance rather than just those who were part of a fanzine subscription that ended almost 20 years ago. They could just give access to anyone who has been signed up for 10 plus years surely, that would be basically everyone on here. A lot of fans cancelled those subscriptions before it ended because the service had gone to the dogs (irregular magazines etc.)

Yeah, I ditched Icon like 2010.. right before they released "Broken" to the fans only.  I was so pissed because up to that point, it was becoming a huge joke.  Their fan gifts were cheesy and ridiculous.  They would promise so much, but nothing materialized.  Even the Icon Magazines were greatly reduced until it became nothing.  Within a year, they closed it all up and then came back, only giving legacy to those who were still paying them membership.  There really isn't much reason to be a Legacy member, except for the early access to tickets, but even those tickets are limited to fans.  I know people beyond that who got better tickets through General sales.

3 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

I geniunely believe she has been depressed for a while, after her personal ups and downs and her lack of success as she had before, RH stolen demos. And she has been mad with the fans in general ergo the grillzs, not giving a damn about her dancing, vocals,..having a controversial physical image and clothes all the time. ,,

Now she has been very surprised for the GP response, who do not forget she has been the top pop female artist ever and want to see her live again singing her great songs, ergo in this video she seems more like the sweet woman of always that everybody loves. That´s why she put out that thing of her mouth. I hope she gets motivated and returns for this tour in her best possible shape and has a mega success.

Yeah, I agree, that's how I took this as well. I definitely think she's come off very depressed the last few years, and there's an energy she has in that video that's been missing for a long time now. 

I'm sure she's surprised by the reaction to this tour. She's not a moron -- She saw the empty seats during Madame X. She heard the jeers from audience members about playing the hits. She's seen the comments on Instagram. She's been beaten down by a lot over the last decade, some of it due to her own doing, some of it not. 

I will say that I'm also a little shocked at the reaction to this tour. I have a ton of friends who keep talking about going to this show and how they "feel like they need to see Madonna once if this is truly the last opportunity to do so". She clearly still has the reputation of putting on top notch shows to most of the general public who weren't subjected to sitting through Madame X. 

I do get the impression that she's reinvigorated by this response and that she's truly excited to put this show together. I know fans have their mixed opinions about the Rebel Heart Tour and Madame X Tour, but I really hope she returns to what she's best known for with this show -- Minimal talking on stage, NO jokes or weird polaroid auction segments or drag queens MCing the show, top of the line breathtaking production, sonically pleasing reinventions of her songs, songs segueing into each other in sections of the show megamix-style, and the true tour de force shows she put on for years.

This is her opportunity to remind the world once and for all why she's known as the Queen of Pop. This show should be a testament to everything that makes Madonna MADONNA, and I hope she truly gives us the best pop show of all time with this tour.

Loved Rebel Heart and Loved Madame X. MX wasn't meant to be a "big hit" type of ordeal...it was meant to be a theater show. I loved it. I also loved it was late. Felt intimate and personal and raw. Not a lot of people appreciate art the way it was meant to be. Anyway. That's my opinion at least. It was a train wreck in terms of cancelations. 

2 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Yeah, I agree, that's how I took this as well. I definitely think she's come off very depressed the last few years, and there's an energy she has in that video that's been missing for a long time now. 

I'm sure she's surprised by the reaction to this tour. She's not a moron -- She saw the empty seats during Madame X. She heard the jeers from audience members about playing the hits. She's seen the comments on Instagram. She's been beaten down by a lot over the last decade, some of it due to her own doing, some of it not. 

I will say that I'm also a little shocked at the reaction to this tour. I have a ton of friends who keep talking about going to this show and how they "feel like they need to see Madonna once if this is truly the last opportunity to do so". She clearly still has the reputation of putting on top notch shows to most of the general public who weren't subjected to sitting through Madame X. 

I do get the impression that she's reinvigorated by this response and that she's truly excited to put this show together. I know fans have their mixed opinions about the Rebel Heart Tour and Madame X Tour, but I really hope she returns to what she's best known for with this show -- Minimal talking on stage, NO jokes or weird polaroid auction segments or drag queens MCing the show, top of the line breathtaking production, sonically pleasing reinventions of her songs, songs segueing into each other in sections of the show megamix-style, and the true tour de force shows she put on for years.

This is her opportunity to remind the world once and for all why she's known as the Queen of Pop. This show should be a testament to everything that makes Madonna MADONNA, and I hope she truly gives us the best pop show of all time with this tour.

The audience interaction in Rebel Heart was fantastic and refreshing. I hope that is a major component on this tour.

12 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

The audience interaction in Rebel Heart was fantastic and refreshing. I hope that is a major component on this tour.

Exactly this.  I recall this was a huge highlight along with her doing a different song for most shows before going into "Rebel Heart".  I also remember many were impressed with the Illuminati interlude with the dancers on the huge poles.  There were so many cool highlights on this tour.  True Blue, Love Don't Live Here Anymore and La Vie En Rose. 

I love for her to interact and speak with the crowd again.  But keep it light as well as short and sweet! 

Is Warner somehow involved with the tour? Do record labels even have any involvement when the artists do a tour? I assume they do make some money from publishing rights, but how involved are they actually? I remember in one of the Evita interviews Madonna joked that the record label is pushing her to do a tour and make them some money, but it was a joke, so I am not sure how accurate that is?

5 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Is Warner somehow involved with the tour? Do record labels even have any involvement when the artists do a tour? I assume they do make some money from publishing rights, but how involved are they actually? I remember in one of the Evita interviews Madonna joked that the record label is pushing her to do a tour and make them some money, but it was a joke, so I am not sure how accurate that is?

I am not sure and I’m doubtful they have a say in the actual show. But of course they will benefit hugely and probably get stands/promotion filling every retail store etc. I would not be surprised if there is a Celebration reboot with an extra disc or something along those lines.

There is also of course the album reissues which I’m assuming a bunch will come out just in time.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic