The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

I loved reading your post. It wasn’t too long at all!

I just hope this is the tour where us fans on forums can all just be kind to each other.

Where people doing 20, 30, 50 shows aren’t interrogated about how they afford it and bullied or made snide comments at for making decisions and choosing to live life how they want.

Where fans who are doing one or maybe no shows aren’t called ‘poor’ or accused of being bad fans; and who can maybe be silently helped out in the background wherever possible. 

With all the hell in this world and damage comments on the internet can do (I was relentlessly bullied on MadonnaNation for years by a member who I’ve never met and it haunted me) I hope we as a community based around a single pop star can rise up for each other. 

Does anyone know if there are other UK rumoured dates? Normally she does other shows outside of London and now the tour is extending into 2023 I’m hoping some shows are planned out of London. Glasgow would be brilliant. Just wondering as someone people are in the know or have the full touring schedule. 

13 minutes ago, alanuk said:

Does anyone know if there are other UK rumoured dates? Normally she does other shows outside of London and now the tour is extending into 2023 I’m hoping some shows are planned out of London. Glasgow would be brilliant. Just wondering as someone people are in the know or have the full touring schedule. 

One more in London is being held.

someone on Popjustice said the weekend after that is being held but that’s the Capital Radio Jingle Bell Ball weekend so I’m sceptical but open minded.

The routing is being reviewed weekly. That’s all I know. 

even with everything that happened - hardships, physical pain and the pandemic - she still did 75 shows with madame. you guys should trust her more and not place doubts and questions and bad energy every time she announces something... i know where all of this comes from, but still, put some hope on her. she has been doing this for more than 40 years, and she's madonna. she's the stubborn queen that still wanted to wear heels at her theatre tour even with severe pain, and even cancelling some shows and getting late in others, she still did everything she could with it. i believe in her and i'm hoping to see her live for the first time in case she comes to brazil. ♥

On 1/24/2023 at 11:13 AM, apj said:

Just went for a job interview and Rescue Me was playing on the radio there when I arrived - I take it as a sign ..I don’t know of what 😄 maybe just a reminder of why I have to hurry up and get a job 

I believe in the power (of Madonna) ..so I didn’t get the job - no they thought I interviewed so well they wanted me for another position! I think they’ve confused me with another candidate but anyway things are finally looking up and so are my chances of seeing this tour.

3 hours ago, andifeel said:

I loved reading your post. It wasn’t too long at all!

I just hope this is the tour where us fans on forums can all just be kind to each other.

Where people doing 20, 30, 50 shows aren’t interrogated about how they afford it and bullied or made snide comments at for making decisions and choosing to live life how they want.

Where fans who are doing one or maybe no shows aren’t called ‘poor’ or accused of being bad fans; and who can maybe be silently helped out in the background wherever possible. 

With all the hell in this world and damage comments on the internet can do (I was relentlessly bullied on MadonnaNation for years by a member who I’ve never met and it haunted me) I hope we as a community based around a single pop star can rise up for each other. 

That's the spirit 🧡

2 minutes ago, RebelHeart97 said:

Question… Do you think the headset mic will return for this tour. I hope it does it’s so iconic and would really fit with the theme of the tour it would add to the nostalgia. Even if it is just for part of the show or one song e.g Vogue like the MDNA world tour. 

68A75893-570A-432A-B389-742037E2332B.jpeg

91CAE62E-30F1-42D5-8FC1-2AD3CA380CE4.jpeg

I was just wondering this yesterday too. I think a few songs should have it, for sure. And a REAL mic, not a fake prop like RIT, Superbowl, and MDNA. 

I am beyond excited for this tour. This is my last Madonna tour so I am pretty emotional about it. I just hope she does not do a repeat of when the MDMA tour came to Dallas, cancelled the night of for the first night, which was my night. Played the 2nd night which I did not have tickets for. I was pretty gutted. Got my money back but Id rather have seen the show. Its been since 1987 when I saw her here in Dallas for the WTG tour to 2023 for 40 years celebration..Its a fitting end for my tour days.I didn't even know I was on the pre sale, I didn't think I was gonna be able to go, then i got the email and my code. So my hubby said happy early bday and we got my ticket!! Anyone else going to the first Dallas show? I'm in kind of nosebleed but really not bad seats. im hoping I got cool people sitting with me since the is only the second time I'm going alone. WTG I had floor seats and was alone. But It ruled! Cross fingers this tour goes off without and hitches!!!!

15 hours ago, acolyte said:

I'm currently eyeing eight shows in Europe, some of which I (finally) scored tickets for this week. Some people might look down upon it as pathetic, but my life is literally live music. I've spent my whole life since I was a pre-teen going to gigs and that's always been the one thing that's kept me going, no matter what. I feed off the energy in those venues... it's not like I live from concert to concert, but the feeling of being in the same room surrounded by people who care about music and art the same way as I do has been a constant in my life for as long as I can think. 

I've made lifelong friends throughout the years going to shows. In the M community and far beyond. Genuine connections I treasure more than words could ever say. For as long as I can remember I've worked summer jobs as a teen with plastic bottles to my chin, hard physical labour to build rock gardens, worked after hours in front of house management on weekdays and holidays; I did everything I possibly could to get days off to see whomever I wanted to see while making ends meet for everything else.

Being located rather centrally in Europe, I'm well-aware of the privilege I have in terms of most artists touring "practically" on my door step even if that entails half a day of train or plain rides. I don't take it for granted and I work very hard to keep that lifestyle alive. I love to travel and see as many shows as I can. Thankfully I'm cheap when it comes to accommodation and travelling schedules. My living costs are fairly modest, so my main priority has always been to see as many shows as I can, regardless of who the artist is. 

May I point out, by the way, how excited I am for this tour? I really do think that we're in for something truly special. The show might still be in development, but something tells me that this will be something to remember. I'm not going to lie... I experienced several cancellations throughout the Madame X Tour and I've accumulated a certain amount of scepticism and pessimism when it comes to Madonna shows since then. But for whatever stupid reason I truly believe that this tour is going to be worth it.   

I realise that there are concerns as to whether she will be physically able to go through with the entire tour. Who knows how many additional dates are bound to be added in the upcoming weeks. Given the Madame X Tour, I'm pretty sure that her insurance policy isn't quite what it used to be before that. She's most likely eager to prove to everyone that her injuries are a thing of the past and that she's not worthy of being underestimated as an ageing pop star in her mid-60s (wtf, if she's in her mid-60s, then how old am I???).

Yes, she may no longer able to live up to the choreographic and physical energy of the Confessions Tour or the Sticky & Sweet Tour, but I wouldn't rule out for a second that she won't come up with a show any less spectacular than those tours. After all, her ego – for better or for worse – knows no boundaries and I believe she's very well-aware of the fact by now that this tour will either make or break her reputation (as a touring act) not only in her age group but in general.

I genuinely don't think that she'd commit to a tour of those proportions if she wasn't sure she'd be able to live up to it without any "scandals" or other bad media coverage. I feel the entire Warner reissue campaign pretty much rests on the shoulders of this year's (hopefully successful) touring endeavour. That said, in spite of all optimism, I hope that this line of reasoning will hold up. But as I stated above, I feel more positive than I have these past ten years or so...

Edit: sorry for the long post, but I wouldn't know where else to put these thoughts.

You have the right to do what ever your heart pleases. And don't let anybody tell you how to live you anytime :) well said boo xo

1 hour ago, sara94 said:

I'm beyond excited and so happy. Ever since i bought my ticket, i can't think of almost nothing else but seeing her live. I'm watching all of her tours and iconic perfomances every night before going to bed, its almost like a ritual. 

Same feeling! Since I bought my ticket(s) (and even before), I've also been watching her various tours over and over again (Madonna Madders on YT is excellent for ex). Also, people around me keep saying that I talk about M almost 24/7 lol

(btw, this is my first post here, and I hope it won't be the last one... so hello everyone)

6 minutes ago, MAX_donna said:

Same feeling! Since I bought my ticket(s) (and even before), I've also been watching her various tours over and over again (Madonna Madders on YT is excellent for ex). Also, people around me keep saying that I talk about M almost 24/7 lol

(btw, this is my first post here, and I hope it won't be the last one... so hello everyone)

I hope it isn’t either - welcome!

15 minutes ago, MAX_donna said:

Yes i was in the gym today and was on the cross-trainer performing Girlie Show London. Yes that's how sad i am haha

2 minutes ago, Semtex1 said:

Yes i was in the gym today and was on the cross-trainer performing Girlie Show London. Yes that's how sad i am haha

The Girlie Show... the entrance with Erotica and the end with Everybody (is a star) then M as Pierrot (to name a few) 🤩
Well, sad because it was 30yrs ago? As we all know, "time passes, so slowly" 😀

(oops I think I'm in the wrong thread ahah)

3 hours ago, maddy69 said:

I am beyond excited for this tour. This is my last Madonna tour so I am pretty emotional about it. I just hope she does not do a repeat of when the MDMA tour came to Dallas, cancelled the night of for the first night, which was my night. Played the 2nd night which I did not have tickets for. I was pretty gutted. Got my money back but Id rather have seen the show. Its been since 1987 when I saw her here in Dallas for the WTG tour to 2023 for 40 years celebration..Its a fitting end for my tour days.I didn't even know I was on the pre sale, I didn't think I was gonna be able to go, then i got the email and my code. So my hubby said happy early bday and we got my ticket!! Anyone else going to the first Dallas show? I'm in kind of nosebleed but really not bad seats. im hoping I got cool people sitting with me since the is only the second time I'm going alone. WTG I had floor seats and was alone. But It ruled! Cross fingers this tour goes off without and hitches!!!!

That exact same thing happened to me on the MDNA tour. Had tickets for the first Dallas show, and even drove 5 hours home from college and right as I pulled into the driveway, I got the notice that the first night was cancelled. I was also pretty gutted. I got to see her for the first time in Vegas for the RHT, but there's something about seeing her in your home town that just feels more special. I'll be there both nights, first night on floor, second on top level.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic