The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

46 minutes ago, Andymad said:

So I’m genuinely curious. What are peoples views on recording? Like, do you record video on your phone or do you allow yourself to fully enjoy the experience? 
I want to film a bit to have a keepsake but like I’m sure there will be tonnes of YouTube vids floating around once the tour starts. 

I'm trying to record several songs. For my memory. If they have a good quality + view I will upload them on youtube. 

Its hard, on the one hand you want to enjoy the show and don't wanna miss anything, on the other hand you want to capture the moment forever. And then you think about her past tours (especially BAT) and the wish that people in the audience had recorded her in HQ.

The gaps we are waiting on; and guesses on what’s gonna happen - rest stops are unlikely as the touring party still need to be paid..

1. the Saturday after the 2 Barcelona shows - the venue is booked so it won’t be a third Barcelona show - so maybe Madrid?

2. The gap after Lisbon - maybe Zurich then back to Paris?

3: The gap after Toronto - I’m assuming either 2 more in Toronto or a show in Ottawa?

4. Do we get a Milan 3?

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

So I’m genuinely curious. What are peoples views on recording? Like, do you record video on your phone or do you allow yourself to fully enjoy the experience? 
I want to film a bit to have a keepsake but like I’m sure there will be tonnes of YouTube vids floating around once the tour starts. 

I have never even snapped a picture.  I am in a trance during her shows.  

2 hours ago, Andymad said:

I'll be taking some pics....I'm front row at a few shows, so it'll be hard not to, since I've never been able to take great pics at a Madonna show before and I love doing it for other shows...but I fully expect to be in the moment for most of the concert. I'll already know the best photo opportunities in the show in advance, so I'll just plan for those :)

Do we think that these shows will be phone-free like Madame X? If I remember correctly, ticket buyers weren't alerted of this until a little less than two weeks before opening night in Brooklyn. When I got my tickets for the 2023 shows, it explicitly mentioned that audio/video recordings and photography were prohibited. Obviously that's what it always says on most tickets, but hers are the only shows I could find on Ticketmaster that explicitly state that. 

Considering that these aren't theatre but arena shows, the effort of locking phones away in Yondr cases and handing out manually lettered seating cards instead to about 15,000 people per night sounds a bit extensive. Then again, there are plenty of arena shows where this has been done successfully. Has anyone been to one of these and could tell us how it works?

Fan recordings on YouTube and social media do wonders to boost sales and get people interested to pick up last-minute tickets. But they also unforgivingly reveal mishaps and mistakes instantly. I'm not saying she'd try to avoid documentation of technical errors or less than dignified moments because there's an increased risk of those happening, but she seemed pretty pleased with the effect of Yondr cases for Madame X.

It's a greatest hits tour and I guess all of us would like to take home some kind of memory, but I wouldn't personally mind if this was a phone-free affair again. 

I've been to some comedy shows and concerts in arenas recently where yondr pouches was a thing, maybe it depends on the artists i guess, there was a few grumbles from people who weren't used to it, but the comedy show was being filmed to be broadcast at a later date so I don't mind

There's no way they could police an arena full of 15,000 people, but it could still happen

6 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I've been to some comedy shows and concerts in arenas recently where yondr pouches was a thing, maybe it depends on the artists i guess, there was a few grumbles from people who weren't used to it, but the comedy show was being filmed to be broadcast at a later date so I don't mind

There's no way they could police an arena full of 15,000 people, but it could still happen

I know that a number of comedy shows (John Mulaney, Chris Rock, Kevin Hart & Bill Murr) have implemented Yondr cases at arenas. But those are all-seated shows with about 6,000 people in attendance, I guess.

Jack White has definitely played arena shows with both GA standing and reserved seats using Yondr for more than five years. Bob Dylan played all-seated arena shows using Yondr too. 

I guess it can be done if Madonna really wanted to. Given the extra effort and expense needed to make a show attended by 15,000 people phone free, I wondering if that's perhaps the reason why tickets have been a bit pricier this time around?

2 hours ago, andifeel said:

The gaps we are waiting on; and guesses on what’s gonna happen - rest stops are unlikely as the touring party still need to be paid..

1. the Saturday after the 2 Barcelona shows - the venue is booked so it won’t be a third Barcelona show - so maybe Madrid?

2. The gap after Lisbon - maybe Zurich then back to Paris?

3: The gap after Toronto - I’m assuming either 2 more in Toronto or a show in Ottawa?

4. Do we get a Milan 3?

She should rest?

Edited by mazzona (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Well i don't know about the other venues but for Berlin, there are only Digital Tickets available so we need our phones for the entrance

In Chicago for Madame X it was digital tickets only and still had Yondr. We had to write our seat numbers down on little pieces of paper before locking our phones

15 minutes ago, djnathanashby said:

Yes they can. It’s done efficiently with almost every comedy act touring arenas today. Dave Chapelle + Chris Rock are doing it on their arena tour right now. 

they need to do it because they are just recycling the same jokes each night while tying to maintain the atmosphere of spontaneity.... with concerts, it is expected that the setlist is the same every night... there won't be phone pouches at Madonna shows

14 minutes ago, androiduser said:

they need to do it because they are just recycling the same jokes each night while tying to maintain the atmosphere of spontaneity.... with concerts, it is expected that the setlist is the same every night... there won't be phone pouches at Madonna shows

I know WHY they do it at comedy shows. I was responding to your claim that “they can't collect and store 20,000 phones each night.” They can and effectively do it at some arena shows. Period.

4 hours ago, musicinferno said:

It's strange that she chose Milan since their arena is quite small. And to only do 2 nights? 

PS I still can't believe Rome doesn't have a proper large size indoor arena. 

Turin has the biggest indoor arena in Italy, that's the reason why they choosed it as a venue for RHT. 

37 minutes ago, Marcell976 said:

Turin has the biggest indoor arena in Italy, that's the reason why they choosed it as a venue for RHT. 

Turin‘s arena is also fucking amazing, great view from basically everywhere. At the same time, since I saw my first Madonna show at the Milan Forum back in 2001 I’m glad she’s going back there. A full circle moment. 

39 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Turin‘s arena is also fucking amazing, great view from basically everywhere. At the same time, since I saw my first Madonna show at the Milan Forum back in 2001 I’m glad she’s going back there. A full circle moment. 

Beautiful arena in Turin, all three nights there were great

4 hours ago, acolyte said:

Do we think that these shows will be phone-free like Madame X? If I remember correctly, ticket buyers weren't alerted of this until a little less than two weeks before opening night in Brooklyn. When I got my tickets for the 2023 shows, it explicitly mentioned that audio/video recordings and photography were prohibited. Obviously that's what it always says on most tickets, but hers are the only shows I could find on Ticketmaster that explicitly state that. 

Considering that these aren't theatre but arena shows, the effort of locking phones away in Yondr cases and handing out manually lettered seating cards instead to about 15,000 people per night sounds a bit extensive. Then again, there are plenty of arena shows where this has been done successfully. Has anyone been to one of these and could tell us how it works?

Fan recordings on YouTube and social media do wonders to boost sales and get people interested to pick up last-minute tickets. But they also unforgivingly reveal mishaps and mistakes instantly. I'm not saying she'd try to avoid documentation of technical errors or less than dignified moments because there's an increased risk of those happening, but she seemed pretty pleased with the effect of Yondr cases for Madame X.

It's a greatest hits tour and I guess all of us would like to take home some kind of memory, but I wouldn't personally mind if this was a phone-free affair again. 

No way they're doing that on arenas. Too much hustle. "Madame X Tour" was different, she wanted the intimate experience - and venues were much, much smaller. But she's out on the big arenas again. I bet this will be just a regular tour regarding that, just like the "Rebel Heart Tour" and the previous ones.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic