The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

9 hours ago, Jackie said:

I did - and I respectfully ask that everyone stop commenting about her body, her face, her ass, her choices - it only brings negative into the forum.

You are right. Her choices are her choices, and the negative only brings negative.

Of course, I wasn't talking about her age but about mine (I was too young to see her tours, and that's just my big regret)

Edited by MAX_donna (see edit history)

Obviously, some tour songs are in. A greatest hits tour would be crazy without the songs below.

1. Like a Prayer

2. Vogue

3. Like a Virgin

4. Music

5. Ray of Light

6. Erotica

7. Hung Up

8. Holiday

9. Material Girl

10. 4 Minutes (Newest global charting "hit")

11. La Isla Bonita (She loves performing this song)

12. Lucky Star

13. Everybody (Her first single)

14. Into the Groove

15. Music

16. Celebration? (It is the tour title -afterall) - I loved the version with Givr It 2 Me

What surprises do you think will be included?

8 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Obviously, some tour songs are in. A greatest hits tour would be crazy without the songs below.

1. Like a Prayer

2. Vogue

3. Like a Virgin

4. Music

5. Ray of Light

6. Erotica

7. Hung Up

8. Holiday

9. Material Girl

12. Lucky Star

14. Into the Groove

15. Music

16. Celebration? (It is the tour title -afterall) - I loved the version with Givr It 2 Me

please, Live to Tell!

41 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

1. Like a Prayer

2. Vogue

3. Like a Virgin

4. Music

5. Ray of Light

6. Erotica

7. Hung Up

8. Holiday

9. Material Girl

12. Lucky Star

14. Into the Groove

15. Music

Candy Shop

6 hours ago, Madonna Wannabee Collector said:

anyone check to see if they are available during her concert dates? or ask the promotor of the venue about how much they were willing to accomadate her? or what she peferred? 

so many things go into these massive tours that we will never know. 

if what is available?

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

1. Like a Prayer

2. Vogue

3. Like a Virgin

4. Music

5. Ray of Light

6. Erotica

7. Hung Up

8. Holiday

9. Material Girl

12. Lucky Star

14. Into the Groove

15. Music

Material Gworrllllllll!!! Feat. Saucy Santana, definitely :Madonna006:

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

1. Like a Prayer

2. Vogue

3. Like a Virgin

4. Music

5. Ray of Light

6. Erotica

7. Hung Up

8. Holiday

9. Material Girl

12. Lucky Star

14. Into the Groove

15. Music

Justify My Love 

Causing a commotion

Open your heart

Borderline

Do you think she will change the setlist a little by replacing certain songs with tracks that were more successful in the countries where she's performing? 

For example, American Pie peaked at #29 in the US but was a #1 hit in Germany and in the UK. Or Sorry hit the #1 spot in the UK but peaked only at #58 in the US.

2 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Do you think she will change the setlist a little by replacing certain songs with tracks that were more successful in the countries where she's performing? 

For example, American Pie peaked at #29 in the US but was a #1 hit in Germany and in the UK. Or Sorry hit the #1 spot in the UK but peaked only at #58 in the US.

Sorry it's a song that requires a coreography, if she just walks around the stage it would be terrible. So if it's in the show it would be permanent. Other songs that work well in a "stripped down" version can be added and replaced easily like she did on RHT.

2 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

1. Like a Prayer

2. Vogue

3. Like a Virgin

4. Music

5. Ray of Light

6. Erotica

7. Hung Up

8. Holiday

9. Material Girl

12. Lucky Star

14. Into the Groove

15. Music

I need:

Impressive Instant; nothing really matters; where's the party; bedtime story and dress you up.

1 hour ago, Robertthenurse said:

I need:

Impressive Instant; nothing really matters; where's the party; bedtime story and dress you up.

PAPA DON'T PREACH (how could she not perform such a hit in a GH tour?)

LIVE TO TELL

RAIN (MY MAIN HOPE ABOUT SONG CHOICES, hard to be realized, I know)

SECRET (I'd prefer this than TAKE A BOW, but one of the two should be included)

HUMAN NATURE (it's such a meningful point of her whole story and character and it always sounds so good)

FROZEN (same as Papa don't preach, how to omit it??)

NOTHING REALLY MATTERS (I'm dreaming, I know)

LIVING FOR LOVE or REBEL HEART 

I DON'T SEARCH, I FIND (Finally enouch love: maybe an interlude?)

DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA (not a fave for me but I don't think this could completely be cut off in a gh tour)

... and then, of course, there is always that RESCUE ME thing most of us are taking in their patient hearts since 1990

2 hours ago, sara94 said:

Can't see any setlist change. M is known to rigoursely stick to the same setlist each night.

8 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

If she did rotating setlists based on the songs that were successful in each country, I'd want to see her in the UK then. I don't think it'll happen. But imagine the UK getting "Bedtime Story" instead of "Take a Bow" and switches like that.

that would be interesting, but at the same time, after so many years some songs became bigger Madonna standards than they were at the time of their release, and some are half forgotten by the general public.... Not talking specifically about Take a Bow and Bedtime Story, but after a few decades, the legacy of some song changes

38 minutes ago, androiduser said:

that would be interesting, but at the same time, after so many years some songs became bigger Madonna standards than they were at the time of their release, and some are half forgotten by the general public.... Not talking specifically about Take a Bow and Bedtime Story, but after a few decades, the legacy of some song changes

For sure. I'm talking purely based on chart positions of the time. I don't expect her to switch it up to be honest. But it would be a great surprise.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic