The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

17 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

He is indeed a beloved artist, yes. But to say Elton is not when he was selling out stadiums all year seems a bit odd? A hated artist doesn't sell out football stadiums. 

Elton has been beloved by the GP for decades, and his biopic only reinforced that in people's minds. I took my grandmother to see him in 2016 or 2017 (can't remember which; I'm not really a fan, it was for her) and I gotta say it was one of the hardest ticket buying experiences I've ever had because they were so hard to get ahold of. 

His Disney+ special numbers also show his popularity. He also just had a #1 song this year. 

Yes just because a lot of M fans, myself included, think he's a jealous, insipid c*** because of his comments about her doesn't mean he isn't highly successful and loved by many 

27 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Ya. I guess I just dont get it. I enjoyed the Britney duet, but I think that song was for Brit Brit. Ya I went to one of his concerts (tickets were given to us), and I had to leave mid-show. Was just a dude on a piano. Good for him tho I guess.

Some people go to gigs for the music itself not to see someone prance about

30 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Yes just because a lot of M fans, myself included, think he's a jealous, insipid c*** because of his comments about her doesn't mean he isn't highly successful and loved by many 

Plus who cares what he said about Madonna. Pretty much everyone in the 80’s and 90’s trashed Madonna at some point or another, I’m not going to stop liking them on the basis of that.

I did not go to see Elton’s tour because it was just too expensive for someone that can barely sing anymore. I would love to have seen him in the 70’s or 80’s though. He has so many good songs and his biopic was the best of the bunch.

13 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Agreed. I've been to literally hundreds all ranging from Rob Zombie to Dolly Parton. Elton was one of the worst IMO. Like you said maybe in the 70s it would have been cool, it's a tie with Milli Vanilli 

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Yeah. I’d go see M do a 2 hr acoustic set with just her standing at the mic or with a guitar and occasionally at the piano. 

Don’t know why real musician ship is frowned upon with some people. Maybe it’s a gay thing, most of us want bombastic cha cha disco show show show. 

Phil Collins’ last tour, he only sat in a chair. Couldn’t walk around due to a fucked up back, couldn’t play drums but the LIVE band was awesome and he sounded amazing and it was a great show and musical feast. 

Madonna is a performer, entertainer and showgirl. It’s a different lane. But I’d love just one tour where focus is solely on the music. Maybe when she’s 80. Oh god, that’s only 1,5 decades away. 

3 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I dont think Toronto got one either. 

The  show in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, was the last  from the MDNA Tour with the complete setlist. I´m so lucky I attended it! :hearteyes:

In the following Brazilian cities she cut "Virgin" and "Spent" due to a flue. In Argentina, she sang "Don´t cry for me Argentina" in the place of Virgin and Spent.

And in Chile, she began the show with Express Yourself more than 3 hours late. :cry:

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic