The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 hour ago, MattyMads said:

I’m spamming causing a commotion 

I don’t get why so many people want that. It had two inclusions on tour and that’s a lot for a rather irrelevant 80s single.

I’d rather have her dig out something from the criminally underrepresented 90s catalogue.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

I had a discussion today (professionally) with a touring company PR and he told me that nowadays, touring costs so much money that a lot of artists don't want to tour anymore because they can't break even and lose money if the tickets are not super expensive. Not a lot of acts can ask for the money they would need to not lose money touring. It's crazy. 

Yes, and travelling far is even more expensive hence all the northern hemisphere dates 

1 minute ago, GregVsMatt said:

Yes, and travelling far is even more expensive hence all the northern hemisphere dates 

So interesting to both - the expense - I wonder what makes it so expensive - is it that there is now an expectation that tours will be so high tech that it costs lot for that - vs the old days of just a band, singer on stage and that's it ?

36 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I don’t get why so many people want that. It had two inclusions on tour and that’s a lot for a rather irrelevant 80s single.

I’d rather have her dig out something from the criminally underrepresented 90s catalogue.

It wasn't an "irrelevant 80's single", it was another top 3 hit for Madonna! 

Irrelevant was Burning Up, Gambler, Oh Father and Dear Jessie. 

slap slapping GIF

I know it’s a greatest hits tour, but she might take notice to what her fans want to hear. Even if Causing A Commotion is so obscure to some, she’s obviously listening to us. Hell the title alone exemplifies her entire social media existence lmfao. 
But knowing her she’d push out Who’s That Girl instead.

5 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I know it’s a greatest hits tour, but she might take notice to what her fans want to hear. Even if Causing A Commotion is so obscure to some, she’s obviously listening to us. Hell the title alone exemplifies her entire social media existence lmfao. 

She should rename the tour as The Causing A Commotion Tour just to shut some mouths up.

8 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Yeah some are taking the "greatest hits" theme way too literally.  I have no doubt she will perform her most iconic hits, but it doesn't mean she won't add a few lesser known songs.  Also, "hit" is so obscure these days.  I can see her adding in BTUTTB and Frozen (Sickick version) since it's been a viral sensation with the general public.  Whatever she decides to perform, it's going to be one hell of a party. 

I am sooo excited with "Rescue Me" and "Physical Attraction"!

This is my itinerary:

Barcelona 1st November - PIT 1

Barcelona 2nd November - Golden Circle Early Entry

Lisbon 6th November - PIT 1

Lisbon 7th November - PIT 2

Berlin 28th November - PIT 1

Berlin 29th November - PIT 2

London 6th December - A2 Row H (2nd row in front of the main stage)

I am in heaven... and broken 😂❤️

2 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

I am sooo excited with "Rescue Me" and "Physical Attraction"!

This is my itinerary:

Barcelona 1st November - PIT 1

Barcelona 2nd November - Golden Circle Early Entry

Lisbon 6th November - PIT 1

Lisbon 7th November - PIT 2

Berlin 28th November - PIT 1

Berlin 29th November - PIT 2

London 6th December - A2 Row H (2nd row in front of the main stage)

I am in heaven... and broken 😂❤️

Your wallet has been gang banged

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

So interesting to both - the expense - I wonder what makes it so expensive - is it that there is now an expectation that tours will be so high tech that it costs lot for that - vs the old days of just a band, singer on stage and that's it ?

No, things have changed a lot with logistics and transportation costs and shortages with the pandemic.  There was a long post about it a few months ago by Lorde that explained why it's so difficult to get to Australia/New Zealand:

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/lorde-explains-touring-hard-artists-2022-1235169457/

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic