The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

I've never heard of Causing a Commotion until I started visiting M forums. I understand that it's a gem for the 80s fans (specially when it came out), but I guess that for the rest is somewhat an obscure song. Still a banger tho, but not something that I would connect to Madonna when I think of her “greatest” hits.

15 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

I've never heard of Causing a Commotion until I started visiting M forums. I understand that it's a gem for the 80s fans (specially when it came out), but I guess that for the rest is somewhat an obscure song. Still a banger tho, but not something that I would connect to Madonna when I think of her “greatest” hits.

Out of interest were there other Madonna singles you werent aware of?

16 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

Same for me and I‘m a fan since 2005. Just not interested in that unkown older stuff…

18 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

Same for me and I‘m a fan since 2005. Just not interested in that unkown older stuff…

Its been sung on two tours. More than a bunch of her stuff.

it was a US number 2 a UK number 4 and sold more than Express Yourself, Cherish, Dress You Up, Angel, Open Your Heart in the UK and most of her 90's singles. I think unknown is a bit harsh. All this from a second single with no proper video from a flop film.

issa bopp

I hope you find what you're looking for hun, cause this opinion. 

You need to walk through that door and get into the groove chile

On 1/31/2023 at 1:57 AM, sara94 said:

How is that allowed? a "farewell" tour thats going on for 5 Years?! Soon every Artist will do the same just to make their tours look more successful. 

I just know if Madonna did this, she'd be mocked rn. 

KISS have been on a farewell tour for 23 years, nearly half of their entire touring career. 

14 hours ago, nikos132 said:

A bit worried that instead of rehersing and putting the show together she's still teasing on instagram. And to be fair, I don't think the general public even know bad girl and rescue me and they certainly are not madonna hits. They are "fan favorites" and on "wishlist" by madonna fans. And sorry but I have to say this, she looks like nosferatu in the announcement video. I really hope she gets in shape before the tour starts.

It makes me laugh how some fans think that she only starts putting the show together when it’s announced and tickets are put on sale. Venues are generally reserved at least twelve months before the show, so in theory this tour has probably been in the pre production stages since at least July 2022. It shows a lot of work has already been done as the seating plans for the venues show how the stage lay out will be. We saw pictures of this process with Jamie King back in October. I would imagine a preliminary set list is pretty much chosen, and the videos on Instagram are just to build hype. Have faith. She’s never let us down before and she won’t this time. 😜

11 hours ago, theblessedjoker said:

you guys complain about her singing bad girl and rescue me for not being hits while human nature is performed on almost every tour and it wasn't a hit. Y ' all should think it's bad for her to perform these remixes she's been making, btw I won't miss any song from mdna to madame x

Oh, "Human Nature" was most definitely a hit. It was played on MTV (at least here in the USA) all the time when it was released. And it was within  the Top 40, Top 20 and Top 10 in several counties. 

9 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I'm sorry kids, but Human Nature is a must. No other song sums up Madonna's entire history like that one.

no, it's not "a must". it's not a hit and it's already saturated. It's time to remember that bedtime stories also had secret and take a bow, the real hit from bedtime stories. 

Vogue, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Like A Virgin is a must.

15 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Oh, "Human Nature" was most definitely a hit. It was played on MTV (at least here in the USA) all the time when it was released. And it was within  the Top 40, Top 20 and Top 10 in several counties. 

is the worst performing of bedtime stories song on the charts. But I also like human nature, but it saturated and she could put another one.

Just a reminder: some songs are hits in some countries but not others. And vice-versa. What you think is a huge hit or a huge flop might be determined by where you live. Zoom out a little.

Case in point: "Burning Up" was on a USA classic-hits station on the radio this morning as I was driving into work.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I never need to hear Hanky Panky live again. fun by completely unneeded on any tour. REinvention was a major troll moment and actually one of the most WTF wheelings out of an old song she has ever done. 

I’d be fine with Hanky Panky. It’s surprising how many people know it and it’s a karaoke classic. 

23 minutes ago, theblessedjoker said:

no, it's not "a must". it's not a hit and it's already saturated. It's time to remember that bedtime stories also had secret and take a bow, the real hit from bedtime stories. 

Vogue, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Like A Virgin is a must.

I suppose though on the other flip of a coin, this is a greatest hits tour aimed pretty much at the general public… and it’s worked - look at the sales. 

it’s irrelevant what she performed a million times before… 

Honestly i feel Human Nature is the most "Madonna" song currently for her. The one she relates the most from her catalog. That and Don't Tell Me will be there almost for sure.

I also HOPE she opens with recent material. Fuck the USA and the fact they see her as an 80s fad. The rest of the world and the gays would rock with a 1st section like this:

Celebration
Girl Gone Wild
Bitch I'm Madonna
Music

Something like this.

edit: also people saying certain songs are saturated...the last actual tour for the GP this woman did was Rebel Heart and it started almost 8 years ago. That's A LONG time. Like when someone says "oh not La Isla Bonita again" i'm like..." she hasn't performed that in almost a decade" lol. If this is a greatest hits tour, a lot of her hits will be "saturated# for us already. She ain't performing Mer Girl on tour guys.

8 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Honestly i feel Human Nature is the most "Madonna" song currently for her. The one she relates the most from her catalog. That and Don't Tell Me will be there almost for sure.

I also HOPE she opens with recent material. Fuck the USA and the fact they see her as an 80s fad. The rest of the world and the gays would rock with a 1st section like this:

Celebration
Girl Gone Wild
Bitch I'm Madonna
Music

Something like this.

edit: also people saying certain songs are saturated...the last actual tour for the GP this woman did was Rebel Heart and it started almost 8 years ago. That's A LONG time. Like when someone says "oh not La Isla Bonita again" i'm like..." she hasn't performed that in almost a decade" lol. If this is a greatest hits tour, a lot of her hits will be "saturated# for us already. She ain't performing Mer Girl on tour guys.

That would be a dreadful opening to a greatest hits tour, and I’m in the UK. Girl Gone Wild isn’t a hit, particularly well known or even that good of a song, and BIM? Oh please. You could hear a pin drop during that song on both RHT Shows I went to, even Burning Up got a better response. 

Something like this would be mega… 

Music

Open Your Heart

Dress You Up

Celebration

3 hours ago, Alm47 said:

It was a number 2 song and a number 1 dance song.  If it would have been included on the Immaculate Collection (along with Who's that Girl), people would definitely know it better.  

I started going to clubs in '04. "Burning Up" and "Causing A Commotion" have always been her 80's "run to the dancefloor" songs. Even people who can't stand her would always say to me, "That's such a great song". 

And the locals get their entire lives to "Cherish" and "True Blue". Low key "Beautiful Stranger" too. People love GirlGroupDonna.

If she's gonna do "Human Nature", please do the Runway Club Mix or a mashup with something interesting. It needs something. 

6 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Celebration
Girl Gone Wild
Bitch I'm Madonna
Music

Something like this.

Besides certain gays, GGW is not of any interest to anyone.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic