The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

18 minutes ago, djnathanashby said:

Human Nature may not have been a chart-success but it was in HEAVY rotation on MTV then. It's definitely a well-known Madonna song to people of a certain age. I don't disagree though that it's had a lot of tour performances and we probably don't need another one this go round.

Most definitely not 😅 The song may be MORE known nowadays cause she performed it a lot (for whatever reason) but it just isn’t a hit by definition. Radio even refused to play it at that time. They played Don’t Stop or the Howie Tee remix instead. 😅 Secret & Take a Bow were hits and are actually far more remembered (so are their videos). 

2 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I have a feeling more of her earlier hits will make the cut rather than get together, living for love and girl gone wild. But what do I know. She’ll do whatever she wants. We got Lela Lela Lela Lela pala tute takin up space 

I agree about earlier hits I think also physical attraction is going to sneak in as well 🤞🏻

Do you think she's gonna do the “talking” songs Rescue Me, Erotica & Justify My Love live? The only time she has performed those were their tour premieres. Ever since then, they have been interludes, snippets or mashups with other songs. 

If she is genuinely thinking of performing Physical Attraction, I could see her mixing that with Erotica or Justify My Love. Kind of like Candy Shop / Erotica on MDNA. I don’t think she's ever gonna sing those three songs live in full (again).

I Rise

fake fake fake

There are many unperformed and lost singles I would like live but in truth I really do sort of think a pure greatest hits would be kind of everything. One hell of a live album. Just keep hitting them over the head with your pure excellence. 

just imagine:

Music

Express Yourself

Open Your Heart

Deeper & Deeper

Hung Up

Live To Tell

Frozen

American Pie

Material Girl

La Isla Bonita

Dress You Up 

Like A Prayer

Papa Dont Preach

Don’t Tell Me

Ray Of Light

Vogue 

Like A Prayer

Into The Groove

Like A Virgin 

True Blue

Sorry

Beautiful Stranger

Crazy For You

Vogue

Holiday 

with little bits of all her other stuff thrown in as intros or outros, an actual set list though.

It’s my whole life in one concert. 
What a tour de force. 
A collapse. 

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Speak for yourself cause I certainly don't want that when I can just watch the first tour performances of those songs.

If she does the “original” versions these days, they will sound disjointed in their sections cause they often follow a theme. 

So, no I DO NOT want that.

Speak for Yourself too 😉 many fans would love for her not to rework her classics too much and to Stay close to their original version for this greatest hits tour (go check the thread about a possible New remix album on the way and you'll have a better idea). Then there are some Real rebels like you 🔥

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Also, the people that are requesting Girl Gone Wild, Candy Shop, Human Nature & Bitch I'm Madonna deserve a special place in hell. These songs have had their time in the spotlight, neither of those were hits.

Regarding Causing a Commotion: You have to view it from a non-fan/GP perspective. Yes, it was a hit in the 80s (at a time where all her singles went top 3). Still, it’s among her 5 obscure singles from the 80s mainly because it never had a video, it sounds a lot like Into the Groove (I could see it as a medley on tour) and it was never included on any of her greatest hits albums. It also hasn’t ever been performed again after 1990. Therefore, it has entered obscurity. It’s totally forgotten. Does it really need to be performed on tour again when it’s mostly forgotten and we have several professional live recordings of it from TWO tours? No. Leave space for ACTUAL hits that she has been ignoring.

It’s forgotten because she excluded it from every compilation. But it was a hit and people that lived through the 80’s know it. It would get a much better reception than Bad Girl or Physical Attraction.

44 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Do you think she's gonna do the “talking” songs Rescue Me, Erotica & Justify My Love live? The only time she has performed those were their tour premieres. Ever since then, they have been interludes, snippets or mashups with other songs. 

If she is genuinely thinking of performing Physical Attraction, I could see her mixing that with Erotica or Justify My Love. Kind of like Candy Shop / Erotica on MDNA. I don’t think she's ever gonna sing those three songs live in full (again).

Yes. I think she’ll do the original version of Erotica to represent the sex era.

47 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Regarding Causing a Commotion: You have to view it from a non-fan/GP perspective. Yes, it was a hit in the 80s (at a time where all her singles went top 3). Still, it’s among her 5 obscure singles from the 80s mainly because it never had a video, it sounds a lot like Into the Groove (I could see it as a medley on tour) and it was never included on any of her greatest hits albums. It also hasn’t ever been performed again after 1990. Therefore, it has entered obscurity. It’s totally forgotten. Does it really need to be performed on tour again when it’s mostly forgotten and we have several professional live recordings of it from TWO tours? No. Leave space for ACTUAL hits that she has been ignoring.

In short - YES! 😄

I think it probably holds a special place in the hearts of those of us who grew up on her 80’s music. It was right before the great drought of ‘88 - a year of no new songs which felt like an eternity at the time. I listened to it A LOT, it was my favourite Madonna song for a while till Like A Prayer came along. In Australia, they had the live WTG tour performance as the video for it - my desire to see Madonna live all stemmed from that. I don’t think it sounds anything like Into the Groove, other than using the line get into the groove. Also, I don’t think we have to view it from a non-fan/GP perspective, lesser hits like Bad Girl (another personal fave) are being requested and Madonna is taking notes - of course whether or not they make the setlist remains to be seen.

4 minutes ago, apj said:

In short - YES! 😄

I think it probably holds a special place in the hearts of those of us who grew up on her 80’s music. It was right before the great drought of ‘88 - a year of no new songs which felt like an eternity at the time. I listened to it A LOT, it was my favourite Madonna song for a while till Like A Prayer came along. In Australia, they had the live WTG tour performance as the video for it - my desire to see Madonna live all stemmed from that. I don’t think it sounds anything like Into the Groove, other than using the line get into the groove. Also, I don’t think we have to view it from a non-fan/GP perspective, lesser hits like Bad Girl (another personal fave) are being requested and Madonna is taking notes - of course whether or not they make the setlist remains to be seen.

It was a big hit and will get a better response than half the songs she wrote on her notepad. At least half the people going to these shows will have grown up in the 80’s and remember that song.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic