The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

Anyway, in Italy there are some rumours about a possible presence of Madonna next week during the Sanremo Festival (she's already been here to promote her works in 1995 and 1998). The artistic director is going on saying he can't reveal anything but there is one last huge international female star, with italian origins, who's gonna land in Sanremo (the Festival is the main italian musical and TV event of the year, with a worldwide coverage, and will start on the 7th and close on the 11th). Newspapaers and blogs started to think about Gaga, LP or Grande and they always had to correct: it's none of them. According to today rumours Maison Valentino apparently has dresses ready for a M appearence on the show.

Now, I can't say if this is going to happen or not, the fact that she is going to the Grammies makes me think she is starting to make a kind of promo about her forthcoming work. In this case, it could be conceivable ... who knows :)

EDIT: UNFORTUNATELY THE ARTIST FOR THE SANREMO FINALE IS NOT GONNA BE MADONNA, THE ANNOUNCE WAS MADE TONIGHT AND IT'S ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS ITALIAN VOICES, A PIECE OF OUR CONTEMPORARY MUSIC HISTORY, BUT IT'S NOT M. SORRY :)

4 hours ago, theblessedjoker said:

someone who claims to be a fan and never heard causing a commotion means they never saw the blond ambition tour :thinker:

I hope this gets to her

This is too good! I wanna include this in my track list for running! OW my how genius she is at mashing up her songs! Ah I love S&S toys mashups. Frozen!!!

1. Everybody / Celebration
2. Music
3. Into the Groove / Physical Attraction
4. Beautiful Stranger*

Lucky Star / Bitch I'm Madonna - Interlude

5. Material Girl / Back That Up to the Beat
6. Like a Virgin
7. Open Your Heart / Borderline
8. Live to Tell°

Sorry - Interlude

9. Justify My Love / Erotica / Rescue Me
10. Papa Don't Preach
11. Like a Prayer
12. Frozen
13. Secret^

Back That Up to the Beat - Interlude

14. Holiday
15. La Isla Bonita / Who's That Girl
16. Hung Up
17. Dress You Up / Deeper and Deeper
18. Take a Bow**

I Rise / Die Another Day - Interlude

19. Vogue
20. Express Yourself
21. 4 Minutes / Give It 2 Me
22. Don't Tell Me°°
23. Ray of Light

* occasionally replaced by Crazy for You
° occasionally replaced by Bad Girl
^ occasionally replaced by The Power of Good-Bye
** occasionally replaced by I'll Remember or You'll See
°° occasionally replaced by Cherish

8 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Love the song but it's inclusion would be a huge suprise on a Greatist Hits Tour.  I feel like she is reaching out to the general public a bit more this time.  I do see surprises though but I hope that they are good surprises, not like omitting Causing a Commotion from Finally Enough Love.  That was a terrible suprise.

She wrote Physical attraction on that setlist video so she considers performing it even though it wasn't a real single and it doesn't have a video. Nothing Really Matters is a real single, has its iconic vidéo, has been opening the Grammys etc...

2 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

she also said she'd consider performing Physical attraction during a facebook live interview w/ Jimmy Fallon for the MDNA Tour in 2012 and we never got it

It was allegedly a tiny snippet at the end of Vogue. She said it was Kevin Antunes favourite song and he tried to convince her to sing it. However, she feared people wouldn’t know it if she decided to dig it out after all these years.

She also considered performing it on BAT in the first section but it got replaced by Where's the Party.

39 minutes ago, MPowered said:

1. Everybody / Celebration
2. Music
3. Into the Groove / Physical Attraction
4. Beautiful Stranger*

Lucky Star / Bitch I'm Madonna - Interlude

5. Material Girl / Back That Up to the Beat
6. Like a Virgin
7. Open Your Heart / Borderline
8. Live to Tell°

Sorry - Interlude

9. Justify My Love / Erotica / Rescue Me
10. Papa Don't Preach
11. Like a Prayer
12. Frozen
13. Secret^

Back That Up to the Beat - Interlude

14. Holiday
15. La Isla Bonita / Who's That Girl
16. Hung Up
17. Dress You Up / Deeper and Deeper
18. Take a Bow**

I Rise / Die Another Day - Interlude

19. Vogue
20. Express Yourself
21. 4 Minutes / Give It 2 Me
22. Don't Tell Me°°
23. Ray of Light

* occasionally replaced by Crazy for You
° occasionally replaced by Bad Girl
^ occasionally replaced by The Power of Good-Bye
** occasionally replaced by I'll Remember or You'll See
°° occasionally replaced by Cherish

I love the setlist but I can't image her putting music or celebration in the first act. Music seem like a song that would near the end of the tour or middle part. As for Celebration, it's definitely seems like an Encore song (Similar to the MDNA Tour and the WoW pride performance, but other than that, this seems like a wonderful setlist.

6 minutes ago, NothingReallyMatters said:

I love the setlist but I can't image her putting music or celebration in the first act. Music seem like a song that would near the end of the tour or middle part. As for Celebration, it's definitely seems like an Encore song (Similar to the MDNA Tour and the WoW pride performance, but other than that, this seems like a wonderful setlist.

Celebration, Music and Everybody all ask the audience to get up and START a party. If we think of it contextually, the first act would represent the beginning of her career in NYC where she hooked up with DJs to make them play her songs.

She referenced that story throughout her performance of Music at S&S (which also wasn't part of the first act). Everybody is her first single and has THE perfect opening line. She even used portions of it to open BAT. Celebration also works in the same.

”Come join the party. Let's get this started”.

P!nk also opened several of her tours with Get This Party started. Why shouldn’t Madonna go for a semi-autobiographical and high energy opening?

21 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Celebration, Music and Everybody all ask the audience to get up and START a party. If we think of it contextually, the first act would represent the beginning of her career in NYC where she hooked up with DJs to make them play her songs.

She referenced that story throughout her performance of Music at S&S (which also wasn't part of the first act). Everybody is her first single and has THE perfect opening line. She even used portions of it to open BAT. Celebration also works in the same.

”Come join the party. Let's get this started”.

P!nk also opened several of her tours with Get This Party started. Why shouldn’t Madonna go for a semi-autobiographical and high energy opening?

true, but there could be other songs that could fit the first section such as Burning Up (yes it was a flop single but it was a song she had during her time in The Emmy & The Emmys and could be a be a crowed pleasure). IMO it would be

Everybody (with snippets from "Celebration")

Lucky Star 

Into the Groove Medley (Causing a Commotion)

Burning Up / Bitch, I'm Madonna (Mashup)? or Music (contains elements from "Blue Monday")

30 minutes ago, NothingReallyMatters said:

true, but there could be other songs that could fit the first section such as Burning Up (yes it was a flop single but it was a song she had during her time in The Emmy & The Emmys and could be a be a crowed pleasure). IMO it would be

Everybody (with snippets from "Celebration")

Lucky Star 

Into the Groove Medley (Causing a Commotion)

Burning Up / Bitch, I'm Madonna (Mashup)? or Music (contains elements from "Blue Monday")

In my setlist, Beautiful Stranger would be played on guitar similar to the Burning Up performances. It could really well as a rock version.

Honestly though…I don’t see Burning Up appearing again, especially not as a rock version in the first segment. That would be far too close to RHT and even there it was already a rehash of the RIT version. Burning Up has run its course.

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

She wrote Physical attraction on that setlist video so she considers performing it even though it wasn't a real single and it doesn't have a video. Nothing Really Matters is a real single, has its iconic vidéo, has been opening the Grammys etc...

I am not dismissing Nothing Really Matters.  I love it!  Personally, I am worried that the tour may focus too heavily on Immaculate Collection.  Madonna had great commercial success beyond Justify My Love.  I love all of the eras and want an even distribution of the four decades.

22 hours ago, MPowered said:

That would be really whack honestly. I hate when artists do section per “eras” because the songs often don’t make sense thematically if paired together in one section. It just gives off the vibe of “playlist xyz”.

So, you don't think there's a possible theme and/or energy per decade of her life, as the personal songwriter that she is?

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

In my setlist, Beautiful Stranger would be played on guitar similar to the Burning Up performances. It could really well as a rock version.

Honestly though…I don’t see Burning Up appearing again, especially not as a rock version in the first segment. That would be far too close to RHT and even there it was already a rehash of the RIT version. Burning Up has run its course.

idk she might add it on 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic