The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

5 hours ago, scion said:

Not really,  look at the one I posted a few pages back. It covers pretty much everything needed in a Greatest Hits Tour in less than 25 songs. Even includes every single song from The Immaculate Collection..

Justify My Love/Rescue Me (Intro)

Vogue (excerpts of Express Yourself)

Open Your Heart 

Lucky Star 

Music

Fever (Interlude)

Ray of Light

Beautiful Stranger 

Frozen 

Drowned World 

Material Girl / Like a Virgin (Interlude)

La Isla Bonita 

Into The Groove 

Cherish 

Borderline 

Crazy For You

Take A Bow 

4 Minutes (Interlude)

Causin a Commotion

Everybody 

Don’t Tell Me

Secret

Papa Don’t Preach (String Introduction)

Live To Tell 

Like a Prayer 

Holiday / I Rise (Outro part only) 

Encore:

Dress You Up (Guitar)

Hung Up

Celebration

That's 29 songs and a few medleys. What I meant to say is that a setlist ONLY consisting of full performances (no medleys) including interludes will be tough. There will always be something missing or an era that will be under-represented.

Also: Papa Don't Preach, Like a Virgin, Material Girl and Express Yourself won't be relegated to just interludes or snippets over Drowned World, Dress You Up or Causing a Commotion. That’s just not realistic.

39 minutes ago, MPowered said:

That's 29 songs and a few medleys. What I meant to say is that a setlist ONLY consisting of full performances (no medleys) including interludes will be tough. There will always be something missing or an era that will be under-represented.

Also: Papa Don't Preach, Like a Virgin, Material Girl and Express Yourself won't be relegated to just interludes or snippets over Drowned World, Dress You Up or Causing a Commotion. That’s just not realistic.

well there's MATERIAL GWORLLLLLLLL! but then again, I agree with with you. She could do something similar to the Request song section that was on The Rebel Heart Tour.

27 minutes ago, NothingReallyMatters said:

well there's MATERIAL GWORLLLLLLLL! but then again, I agree with with you. She could do something similar to the Request song section that was on The Rebel Heart Tour.

I’m thinking she'll do that for slower songs and ballads (like she did on RHT).

3 hours ago, acolyte said:

Hopefully someone from the team is taking notes from everyone's setlist ideas. But could we please keep the setlists to their respective threads in the 2023 World Tour section? I love how everybody is getting creative, but those long lists kind of clutter this discussion thread. No harm intended! 

a game idea!

omg we should create an excel file in which everybody put down their predictions about the set list and order, and when she announced the set list, we should see who did the most accurate prediction!

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

It’s 24 songs and interludes. I’d also say Dress You Up is way more likely than Material Girl.

21 minutes ago, NothingReallyMatters said:

How? Material Girl is a Top 3 Hit and it's one of madonna's most iconic songs plus she did a remix of it. 

I just don’t think she likes material girl at all. She looked so bored performing it on RHT - stiff and dreary lifeless rendition performed predominantly with pre-recorded vocals, and the RIT version almost felt like a comedy performance. Dress You Up on the other hand she has always looked really into when performing it. She had absolutely fire in her belly performing it in 2009.

I don’t know,  I just don’t get any genuine affection for Material Girl… same with True Blue on RHT, I don’t think she actually likes it much. 

3 hours ago, Ekans said:

I hope there’s a real full band this time around, I’m sick of karaokedonna

This I want the most but it won’t happen sadly - I think she uses backing tracks because it’s just easier to rehearse too - I have no idea why she even bothers having back up singers or musicians on stage when you can never hear them anyway 

13 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

This I want the most but it won’t happen sadly - I think she uses backing tracks because it’s just easier to rehearse too - I have no idea why she even bothers having back up singers or musicians on stage when you can never hear them anyway 

Never? Hmmm? I hear them quite well here,,, specifically... at this moment, the ladeis and this back up singer singing her heart out.

2 hours ago, mazzona said:

a game idea!

omg we should create an excel file in which everybody put down their predictions about the set list and order, and when she announced the set list, we should see who did the most accurate prediction!

Good idea!

I also recently thought of a bingo like game, where we (each with our predictions) would check the right boxes according to the songs that will be on the setlist (with extra rules, because Vogue or LAP are easy wins lol) 

49 minutes ago, tscott said:

Never? Hmmm? I hear them quite well here,,, specifically... at this moment, the ladeis and this back up singer singing her heart out.

I think this might be one of the very few moments of the show where we can hear the backup singers. Sad. How I miss a juicy band like the one from TGS or TCT… Even S&S had a lot of spirit in that sense, but from MDNA on it’s just gotten worse.

Okay, my wish set list for the tour.

I tried to include her biggest hits, songs that I think the GP knows:

Holiday

Lucky Star

Material Girl

Like A Virgin

Into The Groove

Gambler (Fan favorite)

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Causing A Commotion (We, the older fans, really like this one)

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue

Deeper And Deeper

Bedtime Story or Secret. (The other singles are too boring)

Ray Of Light

Frozen

Beautiful Stranger

Music

What It Feels Like For A Girl (The perfect song in these times)

Hollywood or American Life. (Let her be political. You know how that thrills her. :) )

Hung Up

4 Minutes (Can't go wrong with Timberlake, ay? ;) )

Beautiful Killer (The best song from MDNA, an album with terrible singles)

Wash All Over Me (Avicii version, like a tribute. People will love it)

God Control, and many more.

Skip the snooze fest Physical Attraction.

14 hours ago, Ekans said:

I think this might be one of the very few moments of the show where we can hear the backup singers. Sad.

That's because it's a background singer SOLO during Like A Prayer. Background singers are, by literal definition, meant to be in the background. To harmonize and support the singer and make her voice sound more full. This can be accomplished by either live singers or a backing track.

On 2/2/2023 at 12:19 PM, Roland Barthes said:

I had a discussion today (professionally) with a touring company PR and he told me that nowadays, touring costs so much money that a lot of artists don't want to tour anymore because they can't break even and lose money if the tickets are not super expensive. Not a lot of acts can ask for the money they would need to not lose money touring. It's crazy. 

VERY interesting, and doesn't surprise me. I'd love to know more about the state of touring these days...

And considering Madonna's extravagant production style, I can only imagine what that's going to cost now!

22 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Are we expecting less heels this time? Since her surgery, she's been wearing flat boots lately. I'm all for it tbh

It's funny how much difference it makes visually, but I'm all for flats if it makes it more comfortable for her. In fact anything that makes it more comfortable. 

I can barely contain myself for the tour but I'm lowkey preparing there might be some cancellations. I'd much rather she looks after herself, avoids any injuries and prioritises her health. 

17 minutes ago, Curator said:

It's funny how much difference it makes visually, but I'm all for flats if it makes it more comfortable for her. In fact anything that makes it more comfortable. 

I can barely contain myself for the tour but I'm lowkey preparing there might be some cancellations. I'd much rather she looks after herself, avoids any injuries and prioritises her health. 

I personally loved the flat boots she wore during the pride performance in 2019 and the first section of the Madame X Tour. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic