The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

11 hours ago, MPowered said:

She has actually done more than just one if we're being precise about it:

Gambler / Borderline (VT)

Dress You Up / Material Girl / Like a Virgin (WTG)

Live to Tell / Oh Father (BAT)

Mer Girl / Sky Fits Heaven / Mer Girl - Reprise (DWT)

Lucky Star / Hung Up (CT)

Papa Don't Preach / Hung Up (MDNA)

Candy Shop / Erotica (MDNA)

Like a Virgin / Love Spent (MDNA)

I'm a Sinner / Cyber-raga (MDNA)

Celebration / Give It 2 Me (MDNA)

Holy Water / Vogue (RHT)

HeartBreakCity / Love Don't Live Here Anymore (RHT)

Dress You Up / Into the Groove / Lucky Star (RHT)

Music / Candy Shop (RHT)

I really don’t get why y’all act like she has never done any medleys. Also, if she does medleys with two songs, she could easily do 2:30 Minute versions for each part and that would be perfectly satisfying.

Sorry but most of these are just segues and/or interpollations. As far as medleys go I would only count DYU/MG/LAV and DYU/ITG/LS. But as for snippets of songs like most of those examples, I'm all for it! Intervention in Mother and Father being my favorite, I would also love it if she would incorporate some of her source material like she used to do with rain, everybody, KIT

10 hours ago, Andymad said:

I’m like, okay, with medleys or whatever. I just wanna hear things we haven’t heard in a long ass time. God I won’t go into what a bridge is or not, but I’m sure y’all know what I mean lol. It would mean so much to hear Vogue, Express Yourself (yes I know MDNA was VERY close lol), Into The Groove, Open Your Heart, Papa Don’t Preach in its entirety. 

Like Nile Rodgers used to say the verse is an excuse to get to the chorus, the chorus an excuse to get to the bridge, I totally agree, mostly all the Bray songs exist only for the bridge, not playing the "now I know you're mine" or "and when he's gone" bit is just a cocktease

9 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

Sorry but most of these are just segues and/or interpollations. As far as medleys go I would only count DYU/MG/LAV and DYU/ITG/LS. But as for snippets of songs like most of those examples, I'm all for it! Intervention in Mother and Father being my favorite, I would also love it if she would incorporate some of her source material like she used to do with rain, everybody, KIT

I think you haven’t understood what the definition of a medley is:

In music, a medley is a piece composed from parts of existing pieces played one after another, sometimes overlapping.

All of the ones listed above suit that category. Actually, more than the second medley you consider a “true medley”.

Medleys segue into one another and are composed of shortened pieces from different compositions. Music / Candy Shop from RHT for example is exactly that. Candy Shop is significantly shortened and Music is not really performed in full either.

The most obvious medleys are Live to Tell / Oh Father (both significantly shortened and blended into one another) as well as Mer Girl / Sky Fits Heaven.

Medleys have ALWAYS been part of her setlists, just not to a huge extent.

13 hours ago, androiduser said:

yes, that would be a really good option.... It's just that I always associate medleys with a 5 minute mess where too many songs are given only ten seconds each

That’s honestly a pretty rare case. Medleys usually consists of up to 4 songs and not more than that. And if she does, let's say 5 medleys (composed of 2 minutes for each part), she could do a 34 songs setlist already. That is almost both sides of the Celebration compilation.

That way, she could give lesser known hits or fan faves a fair time in the spotlight without having to sacrifice too many of her actual hit songs.

14 hours ago, NothingReallyMatters said:

Half of these aren't technically "Medley's" per se. If we go with the definition of medley

"a medley is a piece composed from parts of existing pieces played one after another, sometimes overlapping."

the only ones that fit the definition are:

Dress You Up / Material Girl / Like a Virgin (Who's That Girl Tour)

Live to Tell / Oh Father (Blonde Ambition Tour) 

Mer Girl / Sky Fits Heaven / Mer Girl (Reprise) (Drowned World Tour)***

the other ones are segues, excerpts or snippets 

"In recorded music, a segue sometimes means a seamless change between one song and another,"

the ones segues into each other are:

Gambler / Borderline (The Virgin Tour)

Lucky Star / Hung Up (Confessions Tour)

Papa Don't Preach / Hung Up (MDNA Tour)

Music / Candy Shop (Rebel Heart Tour)

"A short extract from a film, broadcast, or piece of music or writing."

One that have excerpts:

Candy Shop / Erotica (MDNA Tour)

I'm A Sinner / Cyber-Raga (MDNA Tour)

Celebration / Give It 2 Me (MDNA Tour)

Holy Water / Vogue (Rebel Heart Tour)

HeartBreakCity / Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Rebel Heart Tour)**

** It's technically a snippet but it's long enough that LDLHA could be an excerpt.

Gambler / Borderline segue into one another but are both shortened to approximately 2 minutes. That easily qualifies it as a medley, especially since that is the only occurrence of that sort on the entire setlist.

Lucky Star / Hung Up was even tagged as such for the original studio version. Lucky Star is also shortened significantly and mashed with the instrumental of Hung Up. That is not just a segue.

HBC / LDLHA is the opposite of Lucky Star / Hung Up. One part is performed in full but includes a rather long portion of another song. LDLHA for example is a two minute “snippet” with intro, full chorus being performed twice and an entire verse and even the bridge. The same goes for I'm a Sinner / Cyber-raga, Music / Candy Shop and Papa Don't Preach / Hung Up. Neither of those “snippets” qualify as an individual performance cause they are too short, really.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Gambler / Borderline segue into one another but are both shortened to approximately 2 minutes. That easily qualifies it as a medley, especially since that is the only occurrence of that sort on the entire setlist.

Lucky Star / Hung Up was even tagged as such for the original studio version. Lucky Star is also shortened significantly and mashed with the instrumental of Hung Up. That is not just a segue.

HBC / LDLHA is the opposite of Lucky Star / Hung Up. One part is performed in full but includes a rather long portion of another song. LDLHA for example is a two minute “snippet” with intro, full chorus being performed twice and an entire verse and even the bridge. The same goes for I'm a Sinner / Cyber-raga, Music / Candy Shop and Papa Don't Preach / Hung Up. Neither of those “snippets” qualify as an individual performance cause they are too short, really.

ok

On 2/14/2023 at 1:04 PM, MattyMads said:

I’m glad he’s back imo we’ve had some good tour versions 

Into The Groove SS

Burning up RH

Holy water vogue RH

vogue SS

Frozen MX

Human Nature MX

Like a virgin MDNA

Celebration Give it 2 me MDNA

Like a prayer MDNA 

Best friend heartbeat MDNA

candyshop get stupid RH

I really like all these. 

5 hours ago, EgoRod said:

It could be nice if she fools around with unreleased stuff. Like when she did the Erotica/You Thrill me.

Imagine if she does Into the groove and starts singing 'Warning Signs' in between

Oh yes pls. Erotica/You Thrill me is in the Top 5 of her greatest Performances imo. Pure Art!

18 hours ago, tscott said:

I'm gonna predict a complete meltdown by a number of fans when the set list is finally announced.  There is no way she's going to be able to please everyone with a perfect set list.  And I'm sure Medleys will take place on this tour to help fit more songs in.  I welcome whatever she decides.  I also don't expect she will perform every song a lot of fans want to hear.  I'm sure some could be reduced to interludes as well.  What I am sure is; whatever is decided, it will be a huge blast. 

I can't wait lol

A lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment by turning this into "the rare songs I love and want to hear most". That is not the same as The Hits. When "Rescue Me" is played after the lights come on at the end....

21 minutes ago, Andymad said:

That guy sitting in the chair on the left in the last IG story… is that Paul from Reinvention Tour?

https://instagram.com/stories/madonna/3038976512163165072?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Hmmm it kinda looks like him. The guy next to him is definitely Yaman Okur from S&S

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic