The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

It’s not just “beats”

Hes a big name in the ballroom scene. Often referred to as “the voice of ballroom.”

His involvement I find very intriguing! Is there going to be a Voge/Ballroom section in the tour? Will he choreograph? Will he provide his voice to commentate over one of the songs???

Oh is he? Ya I'm way out of touch with scenes these days...but always cool to be introduced to something new and fresh. I love that this tour is basically serving gay influence all over. Not like she has never been influenced by thr scene. But even years later she is giving it up to the community as a whole.

There's boxing moves (and gloves) Can be reference to Girlie show? Hard Candy? none of that?

There  are vogue moves and high heels catwalks. And with Kevin involved I wouldn't be surprised if they get Jose Xtravaganza too.

And have a whole ballroom moment, I would love that.

It's quite unusual that she is this far into the rehearsals already 4 and a half months away from the first show. Dancers must have been auditioned straight after New Year. Maybe there's a chunk of time closer to summer where she's going to be doing promo or something and not able to rehearse. Or maybe the show is very elaborate and needs 6 months of rehearsals. Either way, it must be a huge additional cost to have everyone involved so early on.

3 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

It's quite unusual that she is this far into the rehearsals already 4 and a half months away from the first show. Dancers must have been auditioned straight after New Year. Maybe there's a chunk of time closer to summer where she's going to be doing promo or something and not able to rehearse. Or maybe the show is very elaborate and needs 6 months of rehearsals. Either way, it must be a huge additional cost to have everyone involved so early on.

I feel like she's going to really focus on this tour and take her time getting the show together. 

21 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Either way, it must be a huge additional cost to have everyone involved so early on.

The dancers are paid very little during rehearsal times - a couple hundred US dollars per day. They make the bulk of their money once the tour actually starts - a few thousand US dollars per show plus a few hundred extra for travel days.

24 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I feel like she's going to really focus on this tour and take her time getting the show together. 

This. I feel like she's going into this tour with something to prove after the biopic cancellation, the Madame X tour cancellation debacle, and the lukewarm reception at the Grammys. Madonna is best when she's not resting on her laurels...I'm so excited to see what she's coming up with for this tour.

I think Madonna had this entire tour planned before she filmed the announcement video. The set list was in place, the choreography had been worked out and the dancers were hired. Her tour looks are already decided on and in production. This isn't something you put together in 7 months. This has been in the works since last summer when she was promoting 50 number ones. 

The merchandise is designed and in production as well. The tour book has to go to the printer soon or it won't be ready. Same with any VIP book she may or may not have this time (I hope she does because it could be an amazing career retrospective)

Does anyone agree?

25 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

I think Madonna had this entire tour planned before she filmed the announcement video. The set list was in place, the choreography had been worked out and the dancers were hired. Her tour looks are already decided on and in production. This isn't something you put together in 7 months. This has been in the works since last summer when she was promoting 50 number ones. 

The merchandise is designed and in production as well. The tour book has to go to the printer soon or it won't be ready. Same with any VIP book she may or may not have this time (I hope she does because it could be an amazing career retrospective)

Does anyone agree?

She asked her fans for suggestions, while  ‘I’ve heard it all before’  was blasting in the background. So, at least we know she’s not interested in our feedback. Her show, her vision. She’s such a troll. ❤️

Edited by Miki (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Miki said:

She asked her fans for suggestions, while  ‘I’ve heard it all before’  was blasting in the background. So, at least we know she’s not interested in our feedback. Her show, her vision. She’s such a troll. ❤️

Love this. Thank god she confirmed that she doesn't care what any of us want to hear.  She really hates us. Couldn't love her more. :heart:

I think she knows that if she wants to do a tour in a level of what her legacy deservers and her past tours, she must be in top shape and that includes hard work since the first moment: she has to dance, to be strong, to be fit, to not take alcohol, to train her vocals, everything should be perfect, cause that´s the way she conquered the world. She always had a impresive mind. If she is taking care of everything as she always did, I´m 100 xr cent with her.

14 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I think she knows that if she wants to do a tour in a level of what her legacy deservers and her past tours, she must be in top shape and that includes hard work since the first moment: she has to dance, to be strong, to be fit, to not take alcohol, to train her vocals, everything should be perfect, cause that´s the way she conquered the world. She always had a impresive mind. If she is taking care of everything as she always did, I´m 100 xr cent with her.

Now that you mention it, she hasn't posted any content holding a glass of wine in a long time now. Interesting. Wonder if she's given up drinking and weed again now that she's focused on this tour. That's encouraging. Would explain the significant weight loss.

4 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Now that you mention it, she hasn't posted any content holding a glass of wine in a long time now. Interesting. Wonder if she's given up drinking and weed again now that she's focused on this tour. That's encouraging. Would explain the significant weight loss.

I think she and fans are embellishing her substance consumption.  But at the same time, the woman has always drank wine.  You can find pics from the 90's where she's got a drink at her side when she's out and about.  The only difference now is that with social media, we get images of her on a daily basis, and she most definitely would show off with a drink. 

Madonna has been doing this for 40 years.  She knows what to do, to perform well.  Just because she decided to take a few more liberties than we are use to seeing,  doesn't mean she isn't capable of controlling herself.  Like mentioned, I think a lot of it was embellished on her part to give this illusion she's having lots of fun, with no care in the world, drinking and partying.  Showing even at her age, she still can have fun and enjoy a drink!  I never bought into the thought she was abusing anything or using it so much that it kept her from performing to the best of her capacity.  She has always maintain not drinking while on tour, so whether she continues that or not, is up to her, but again I don't believe she's gone over board as some are trying to make it. 

2 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

She was drinking at the SEX book relaunch event. However, hopefully this Grammys debacle and the rumored other issues going on have motivated her to prove people wrong and put on a well polished, tight show as opposed to a messy show with numerous canceled dates (i.e. Maluma performance).

So, the Grammys and mean comments may actually have resulted in a positive effect in the end.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic