The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

23 minutes ago, Miki said:

Your characterization of Madonna in this post is the furthest thing from the truth. You couldn’t be more wrong. If you’re referring to Madame X as a messy show and her canceling some dates as proof of her being tipsy, may God forgive you. She had a knee injury and had to have hip replacement. She soldiered on in pain and refused to quit the show. If it wasn’t for the French government COVID decrees, one can only imagine what could have happened. The Maluma performance was her testing the waters after all that. It’s that fiery determination of hers that gave her the courage to do a World Tour yet again. I know of certain legends who quit performing after a setback literally for years( a decade actually) and others who died from the mere pressure of a tour. This woman is super human. RESPECT!!!!!!

And let’s not forget that from Maluma’s point of view, she tried to get out of that performance multiple times because she was still healing and definitely wasn’t totally ready… and caved to the boy and went out their like the soldier she is just to make that boy’s night. She is definitely in a better place physically now.

1 hour ago, gafuller said:

And let’s not forget that from Maluma’s point of view, she tried to get out of that performance multiple times because she was still healing and definitely wasn’t totally ready… and caved to the boy and went out their like the soldier she is just to make that boy’s night. She is definitely in a better place physically now.

Yeah! She pushes herself and is not afraid or held back by fear of embarrassment. That’s a measure of a true artist. And that’s why she is in a league of her own. 

Edited by Miki (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

I think we need to come to reality that we will never have Madonna circa BAT. She's 64. She'll serve tho.

Ok, but she can be at a very good shape at 64 and still dancing enough great, she´s madonna, the queen of pop, she is not going to be sitted down for a greatest hits tour. She only need a good team and being grounded, and I think that´s the case.

Her injuries took a toll on her. It took forever to heal. She might have had to lay off her usual excruciating exercise routines. And I don’t think she drinks, really. Lola said something to that effect. I think she just loves a glass of wine on her table. It’s like a vase of roses. It’s ornament. 

10 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Now that you mention it, she hasn't posted any content holding a glass of wine in a long time now.

A long time is a bit of a stretch. Maybe 6 months?

7 hours ago, tscott said:

I think she and fans are embellishing her substance consumption.  But at the same time, the woman has always drank wine.  You can find pics from the 90's where she's got a drink at her side when she's out and about.  The only difference now is that with social media, we get images of her on a daily basis, and she most definitely would show off with a drink. 

Out and about? Didn’t she have wine on the Frozen on Fire video shoot?

7 hours ago, dankpepe said:

She was drinking at the SEX book relaunch event. However, hopefully this Grammys debacle and the rumored other issues going on have motivated her to prove people wrong and put on a well polished, tight show as opposed to a messy show with numerous canceled dates (i.e. Maluma performance).

So, the Grammys and mean comments may actually have resulted in a positive effect in the end.

She was already showing shes back on track with the Grammy appearance. It was only the media/social media that ridiculed her physical appearance but nothing she said/did was messy.

3 hours ago, gafuller said:

Where did Maluma say that?

Only for that last video, we can see she is thiner and lighter in order to dance better, and I expect her to be even in better shape through the spring. I don´t know if she has been drinking a lot , she wants us to think us that, at least judging from her instagram. We know she gained weight, that´s for sure, don´t know why.

We also know she does not drink when she tours. Look at the dvd of I´m going to tell you a secret. She drinks at the end of the tour, after Lisbon concerts are done, and says something like at least I can have a drink. It might be also not true, but I bet it was.

2 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Only for that last video, we can see she is thiner and lighter in order to dance better, and I expect her to be even in better shape through the spring. I don´t know if she has been drinking a lot , she wants us to think us that, at least judging from her instagram. We know she gained weight, that´s for sure, don´t know why.

We also know she does not drink when she tours. Look at the dvd of I´m going to tell you a secret. She drinks at the end of the tour, after Lisbon concerts are done, and says something like at least I can have a drink. It might be also not true, but I bet it was.

It was after the North America leg of the tour, she says something like: 20 weeks without drinking, and they celebrate it! 

10 hours ago, Miki said:

Her injuries took a toll on her. It took forever to heal. She might have had to lay off her usual excruciating exercise routines. And I don’t think she drinks, really. Lola said something to that effect. I think she just loves a glass of wine on her table. It’s like a vase of roses. It’s ornament. 

NvRBxea.gif

16 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Out and about? Didn’t she have wine on the Frozen on Fire video shoot?

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other?  I stated, there are pics of her drinking wine when she's been at functions in the 90's.  I wouldn't say it's all staged, and I'm sure she enjoys her wine.  And she still does!  Though, some have twisted it as if she now has an issue with alcohol and that it's prevented her from performing well.  I have no doubt that a lot of what she posted on Instagram was staged, but she's 64.  If she wants to get drunk, she's entitled to it.  The judgment and expectations from some for her to perform as if she's still in her 20's, 30, 40's and even her 50's is very unrealistic.  She's had hip and leg surgery in the last couple of years, so while she could carry on as if nothing happened, but realistically we can't expect her to do such.  I feel some fans put too much expectations and demands on her and the moment she doesn't meet them expectations, they have to deduce it to "laziness" or "pill popping" or "alcholic abuse" when clearly they are being selfish and not considering she is knocking on 65 years old and maybe she doesn't have that same stamina and/or energy.  There is no way she will be able to perform as great as she did in the past.  And that's fine, but at the same time you know she's going to prove otherwise. :)

4 minutes ago, tscott said:

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other?  I stated, there are pics of her drinking wine when she's been at functions in the 90's.  I wouldn't say it's all staged, and I'm sure she enjoys her wine.  And she still does!  Though, some have twisted it as if she now has an issue with alcohol and that it[s prevented her from performing well.  I have no doubt that a lot of what she posted on Instagram was staged, but she's 64.  If she wants to get drunk, she's entitled to it.  The judgment and expectations from some for her to perform as if she's still in her 20's, 30, 40's and even her 50's is very unrealistic.  She's had hip and leg surgery in the last couple of years, so while she could carry on as if nothing happened, but realistically we can't expect her to do such.  I feel some fans put too much expectations and demands on her and the moment she doesn't meet them expectations, they have to deduce it to "laziness" or "pill popping" or "alcholic abuse" when clearly they are being selfish and not considering she is knocking on 65 years old and maybe she doesn't have that same stamina and/or energy.  There is no way she will be able to perform as great as she did in the past.  And that's fine, but at the same time you know she's going to prove otherwise. :)

Totally agree! She can do whatever she wants, and dance however she wants.  I am sure this tour will have much less dancing then past and I'm totally fine with it! She's gonna rock no matter what.

6 hours ago, tscott said:

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other?  I stated, there are pics of her drinking wine when she's been at functions in the 90's.  I wouldn't say it's all staged, and I'm sure she enjoys her wine.  And she still does!  Though, some have twisted it as if she now has an issue with alcohol and that it's prevented her from performing well.  I have no doubt that a lot of what she posted on Instagram was staged, but she's 64.  If she wants to get drunk, she's entitled to it.  The judgment and expectations from some for her to perform as if she's still in her 20's, 30, 40's and even her 50's is very unrealistic.  She's had hip and leg surgery in the last couple of years, so while she could carry on as if nothing happened, but realistically we can't expect her to do such.  I feel some fans put too much expectations and demands on her and the moment she doesn't meet them expectations, they have to deduce it to "laziness" or "pill popping" or "alcholic abuse" when clearly they are being selfish and not considering she is knocking on 65 years old and maybe she doesn't have that same stamina and/or energy.  There is no way she will be able to perform as great as she did in the past.  And that's fine, but at the same time you know she's going to prove otherwise. :)

One thing is not being able to perform as before due to the natural pass of time, another thing is not being able to perform as before due to not trying, drinking, and not training the voice: that is a lack of profesionalism. Madonna is known for being the most profesional performer of all, I expect her to do as well as she can.

Calling me selfish for that is total lack of respect. But some fans here are like that, what a shame.

1 hour ago, Drownedboy said:

One thing is not being able to perform as before due to the natural pass of time, another thing is not being able to perform as before due to not trying, drinking, and not training the voice: that is a lack of profesionalism. Madonna is known for being the most profesional performer of all, I expect her to do as well as she can.

Exactly. I think if she plays to her strengths she will put on an amazing show. The show does not have to be physically demanding to be brilliant.

6 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Not this bitch inviting Tokischa to rehearsals. Please M, the fans have been begging for you to do the album version of Hung Up for years. :Madonna039:

I'm fine if she does the Tokischa version.  We've seen her perform a variation of the album version already.  I think there is room to do different versions of some of her older songs. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic