The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

10 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

They clearly underestimated demand for certain cities i think. You can tell they didn't expect to do 6 london shows, the extra Paris shows, more than 1 DC dates, etc...

I really think these arena dates were a test to see her actual demand. Even on her instagram video you can tell she was moved by the reception the tour is having.

Also...looking at this schedule it's starting to make sense that she's going to Mexico next. 

She won't restart the tour in January for 7 NA shows only...specially to do mostly cities she did before. She did this for Rebel Heart tour as well but back then she started in Mexico and then went to San Antonio and upwards. This time she's clearly going all the way down to Phoenix, which will be the last USA stop and right next to it is Mexico, probably for those stadium dates. 

The rumors are Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay, Brazil, right? There was a rumor about Middle East i think as well, since Live Nation from over there was teasing something. Who knows.

That said...brace yourselves, our fave is about to do her first tour with more than 100 dates. 

edit: Just realized she's doing only 2 arenas in Italy :dead: Like...that's her main market in Europe besides the UK, lmao

If she don't add any Europe dates, i am sure, she will come back next year on summer, maybe stadiums

It's ironic because in Italy you can't find a single ticket on sale (for many other places in Europe you can still buy something on tictemaster, including London) but they didn't add a third date. Also, they announced Milan Nov 25 as a surprise, with no presale, and many like me weren't able to buy because it sold out in 2 hours.

On 3/15/2023 at 12:59 AM, Fabiolous said:

Right? So many fans couldn't find a ticket. She MUST be coming back next year for sure. Otherwise it makes no sense

it's so ridiculous, here in Italy the two dates were sold in one day and they had to add more instead of other European cities that are selling little like in Germany. Milan forum it's 11.500 capacity ... more two dates could be sell out...

So Taylor Swift opened her greatest hits tour last night and did a 3 hour 15 minute show with a 44 song setlist. She has nowhere near the number of hits like Madonna.

Poor Madonna seeing this and realizing she'll have to take her 50 some odd hits and do something like this in order to justify her sky high ticket prices :dead:

3 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

So Taylor Swift opened her greatest hits tour last night and did a 3 hour 15 minute show with a 44 song setlist. She has nowhere near the number of hits like Madonna.

Poor Madonna seeing this and realizing she'll have to take her 50 some odd hits and do something like this in order to justify her sky high ticket prices :dead:

Madonna isn’t paying attention to any of that and neither should she. No one expects her to do a 3 hour tour and honestly it sounds exhausting. 
Her audience also isn’t expecting her to perform for 3 hours to “justify “ anything.

Plus a lot of Taylors show looked kinda low budget since there will be a lot of rotative songs on it. Madonna doesn’t operate like that.

lets stop comparing female acts and acting like they need to compete with each other.

1 hour ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I don't think she'll do a 3 hour 15 minute show but I can see her doing a show that's around 2½ hours which is only half an hour longer than what she usually dose plus I can see her doing a few medleys & mashups.

Edited by N3onNostalgic (see edit history)

Let's be real. Taylor is great and all. I enjoy her stuff when it comes out, but a majority of songs aren't that legendary (some are of course). Madonna knows how to put on a show. Period. There is no one quite like that. Not Gaga, not Janet -- nobody. If you've been to most Madonna concerts its a feast for the eyes, ears and mind. You just can't compare. A Cirque meets Theatre meets performance art meets legend. Enjoy it while it lasts lol

Doing 25 songs on a nearly 80 plus date show is already grueling enough.  If Taylor is able to pull off such a feat by performing 40 songs, good for her, but I question if she will be able to pull it off night after night. it's extremely unlikely Madonna would do such a thing (unless a lot of it's mashed up in 'medleys').  Fans shouldn't "expect" this. It's really setting up an artist to quickly exhaust their voice as long as their chance of having a successful tour.  I'll be satisfied with a 20 to 25 set list, even if it may not always include some of the songs I most want to hear live.

Taylor's only doing 3 back to back to back shows for Fri/Sat/Sun in a handful of select markets.  Every other city is 2 back to back nights and every show is weekend only.  She has the other 4-5 days of the week to rest, and I'm sure she'll be extremely disciplined regarding vocal rest.  She's taking the entire Easter weekend off for an 11 day break.  She'll be fine, but now it's understandable why she didn't add more shows despite having all these gaps in the schedule and obvious demand for more.

7 hours ago, Andreo said:

This sounds like a medieval torture method to me, both for her and the audience tbh. 

If I recall correctly, Prince was known to put on an "after show" with selected guests while performing for selected guests in later hours of the night. 

I guess; everyone is different and the fact Taylor has a lot of gaps between her shows and isn't performing nearly every other night after a new venue, gives her more room to perform more songs.  I don't believe she would be able to pull it off successfully if her venues were more closer together and she was doing more than a couple shows a week.  Still a treat for a huge Swifty fan who is wanting to hear her perform music from her last several albums.

I really warmed up to Midnights but let’s be honest, I’ve been watching the fan TikTok’s. They gag at literally anything she does. And it’s usually not much. Her songs have a live touch to them but they’re not reinvented. And there’s sooooo much emphasis on the eras that it’s hard to see what artistic message she is bringing. Maybe I’m just spoiled from Madonna’s theatre and creativity. But to the comments about number of songs, if you can’t get your show across to me in 20 or songs, you’re gonna lose me at some point. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic