The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

5 hours ago, Ricardo González Anaya said:

I think the leaked dates will not be announced anytime soon. My guess is they’ll announce it all in June :(

It actually makes more sense to announce all of them together. A lot more hype since it’s going to be stadiums as well, plus much closer to the first date. 

What the Madonna setlist would look like if she copied Taylor Swift's idea:

Act 1: Like a Prayer

1. Like a prayer

2. Express yourself

3. Oh father

4. Vogue

Act 2: Music

5. Music

6. Don't tell me

7. What it feels like for a girl

Act 3: Like a virgin

8. Like a virgin

9. Material Girl

10. Angel

11. Dress you up 

12. Into the groove

13. Crazy for you

Act 4: Ray of light

14. Frozen

15. Ray of light

16. Nothing really matters

17. Beautiful stranger

Act 5: American Life

18. Nothing fails

Act 6: Erotica

19. Deeper and Deeper

20. Rain

21. Bad girl

Act 7: Hard Candy

22. 4 minutes

23. Give it 2 me

24. Miles away

Act 8: MDNA

25. Masterpiece

26. Girl gone wild

Act 9: Rebel heart

27. Bitch I'm Madonna

28. Ghosttown

Act 10: Madame X

29. Crave

30. I don't search I find

31. Surprise song

Act 11: Bedtime stories

32. Secret

33. Take a bow

Act 12: Confessions on a dance floor

34. Hung up

35. Sorry

Act 13: True blue

36. Live to tell

37. Papa don't preach

38. Open your heart

39. La Isla Bonita/Who's that girl

40. Causing a commotion

Act 14: Madonna

41. Borderline 

42. Burning up

43. Lucky star

44. Everybody/Holiday/Celebration

Bitch 💀

5 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

What the Madonna setlist would look like if she copied Taylor Swift's idea:

Act 1: Like a Prayer

1. Like a prayer

2. Express yourself

3. Oh father

4. Vogue

Act 2: Music

5. Music

6. Don't tell me

7. What it feels like for a girl

Act 3: Like a virgin

8. Like a virgin

9. Material Girl

10. Angel

11. Dress you up 

12. Into the groove

13. Crazy for you

Act 4: Ray of light

14. Frozen

15. Ray of light

16. Nothing really matters

17. Beautiful stranger

Act 5: American Life

18. Nothing fails

Act 6: Erotica

19. Deeper and Deeper

20. Rain

21. Bad girl

Act 7: Hard Candy

22. 4 minutes

23. Give it 2 me

24. Miles away

Act 8: MDNA

25. Masterpiece

26. Girl gone wild

Act 9: Rebel heart

27. Bitch I'm Madonna

28. Ghosttown

Act 10: Madame X

29. Crave

30. I don't search I find

31. Surprise song

Act 11: Bedtime stories

32. Secret

33. Take a bow

Act 12: Confessions on a dance floor

34. Hung up

35. Sorry

Act 13: True blue

36. Live to tell

37. Papa don't preach

38. Open your heart

39. La Isla Bonita/Who's that girl

40. Causing a commotion

Act 14: Madonna

41. Borderline 

42. Burning up

43. Lucky star

44. Everybody/Holiday/Celebration

Bitch 💀

Well now that it's been put out there....can we get Madonna to do an eras tour too? Because this is such a slay :dead:

39 minutes ago, Josh Wang said:

That Taylor Swift stage looks very basic, and in fact, "cheaper production" has been the trend in the live music industry since the pandemic...

Yeah, been noticing that…the Future Nostalgia Tour was another very underwhelming production. Expected a lot more given the success of that album and tour sales.

Really hoping Madonna pulls out all the stops for the show production…she hasn’t blown me away since MDNA.

1 hour ago, Josh Wang said:

That Taylor Swift stage looks very basic, and in fact, "cheaper production" has been the trend in the live music industry since the pandemic...

Does it matter though?  She's selling out and may have the highest grossing tour this year.  What's basic to you, might be the whole point in keeping things simple, and her saving money.  Majority of people who tour for their career, simply have a stage, their equipment and that's that.  Most people are fine with that, as long as they can see and hear their favorite act perform.  I suppose Taylor can afford more than that, but why should she?  It's not like her tour is flopping.  People are lapping it up. 

7 minutes ago, tscott said:

Does it matter though?  She's selling out and may have the highest grossing tour this year.  What's basic to you, might be the whole put in keeping things simple, saving money.  Majority of people who tour for their career, simply have a stage, their equipment and that's that.  Most people are fine with that, as long as they can see and hear their favorite act perform.  I suppose Taylor can afford more than that, but why should she?  It's not like her tour is flopping.  People are lapping it up. 

I guess that speaks more of her main fans than anything. All she has to really do apparently is bring out snake statues and change constantly. I do enjoy a good bit of her music and I would go just for the music if I did. But you’re right why do more when less is fine. I’ve been to the last two Twenty One Pilots tours and all they do is take all the last tour themes, reorganize them around the current eras them and call it a night. The fans eat it up. Madonna brings out the Latin and or religion section and we groan hahahaha

2 minutes ago, gafuller said:

I guess that speaks more of her main fans than anything. All she has to really do apparently is bring out snake statues and change constantly. I do enjoy a good bit of her music and I would go just for the music if I did. But you’re right why do more when less is fine. I’ve been to the last two Twenty One Pilots tours and all they do is take all the last tour themes, reorganize them around the current eras them and call it a night. The fans eat it up. Madonna brings out the Latin and or religion section and we groan hahahaha

Exactly.  Most acts keep it pretty simple and like you said, rarely change their setlists from tour to tour, besides maybe for the new songs they are promoting.  There are more bands throughout the world who do very low key shows.  You also have those very popular bands who play at bars and out door tents, etc.  Of course, they are not as popular or successful as Madonna, but in there are for more small bands/artists out there than big scaled artists.  I guess the only issue I would have is ticket prices.  There is no way I would $200+ for a ticket unless they are putting on something more than an average stage show. :)

I know this is a Madonna forum and people love to judge other acts off still photos and blurry potato-quality TikToks since her team blocked all the HD videos, but there's no world in which Taylor's STAGE itself is cheap or basic lol.  It's the same hydraulic platform setup that Madonna herself has used since MDNA for both the main stage AND the center diamond, the entire catwalk floor is a screen and ringed by pyro, and there are a ton of theatrical props and sets that pop out throughout the show.

It's by far the most expensive stage she's had and even bigger than Reputation.

11 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

I know this is a Madonna forum and people love to judge other acts off still photos and blurry potato-quality TikToks since her team blocked all the HD videos, but there's no world in which Taylor's STAGE itself is cheap or basic lol.  It's the same hydraulic platform setup that Madonna herself has used since MDNA for both the main stage AND the center diamond, the entire catwalk floor is a screen and ringed by pyro, and there are a ton of theatrical props and sets that pop out throughout the show.

ikr.... hating on taylor or everything she does is a huge trend, so ppl tend to follow it sometimes

7 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

I have to agree.  My comments above, were made before I knew what her shows were really like.  I was curious and started to seek out what her shows are like just a little bit ago and while I don't have an issue if she put on something more simple, but what I saw, was hardly "basic".  

2 hours ago, Josh Wang said:

As @stfan97 said below:

1 hour ago, stfan97 said:

The Eras Tour stage is one of the largest, most expensive, technologically complex stages ever built and has a massive production, massive set pieces, and large theatrical presentations that few artists have ever presented on stage on that scale. I mean the Folklore Cabin alone is probably larger than the Gang Bang motel set. It's far from a cheap, ramshackle production.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I have to agree.  My comments above, were made before I knew what her shows were really like.  I was curious and started to seek out what her shows are like just a little bit ago and while I don't have an issue if she put on something more simple, but what I saw, was hardly "basic".  

Her stage is stunning but huge… that's why it looks bare. I’m not a fan but she has the fans in the palm of her hand while on stage… she doesn’t need a massive visual. 

2 hours ago, star guardian said:

ikr.... hating on taylor or everything she does is a huge trend, so ppl tend to follow it sometimes

Or some people just think that she is extremely basic and bland. 

I enjoy a few of her songs, but she’s pretty average to look at and to listen to.

I’d go to one of her concerts, but I wouldn’t pay for it.

2 hours ago, Future Lover said:

As @stfan97 said below:

The Eras Tour stage is one of the largest, most expensive, technologically complex stages ever built and has a massive production, massive set pieces, and large theatrical presentations that few artists have ever presented on stage on that scale. I mean the Folklore Cabin alone is probably larger than the Gang Bang motel set. It's far from a cheap, ramshackle production.

It just goes to show that money is less important than actual creativity

36 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

I'm not into Taylor's music, but all this chat about her tour made me check out her stage and… damn. If this is basic for some of y'all, then I'm curious about what you could do as Madonna's stage producer. 

Imagine M doing this after singing Swim:

This must be the two biggest highlights because everything I saw on YouTube was bland compared to these little snippets.

4 hours ago, tscott said:

Does it matter though?  She's selling out and may have the highest grossing tour this year.  What's basic to you, might be the whole point in keeping things simple, and her saving money.  

Yes it matters. That is the difference between a real artist and a manufactured pop star. I saw Bjork last week and her show was amazing. Taylor Swift looks like a McDonalds commercial in comparison. Money can't buy you real artistry.

6 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Well now that it's been put out there....can we get Madonna to do an eras tour too? Because this is such a slay :dead:

except if Madonna did an "eras" tour, she'd take 6 hours and die on stage on first date. Just the hits alone it would be like 50 songs, lmao. 

49 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

I'm not into Taylor's music, but all this chat about her tour made me check out her stage and… damn. If this is basic for some of y'all, then I'm curious about what you could do as Madonna's stage producer. 

Imagine M doing this after singing Swim:

The first one Madonna has done that staging already at the MDNA with the cubes. In fact it seemed way more advanced and it was a decade ago. 

The second video i agree though. And it's literally the only thing i saw from this tour that made me go "ok that was nice!"

I like Taylor but she's not a popstar per say...she's a singer songwriter and she shines when it's just her and a guitar.

Most of her numbers on this tour don't look anything like that 2nd video you posted. In fact, that's the highlight. (speaking of staging only).

One thing i always liked that Madonna does is having actual props on stage than relying mostly on screens. I'm sure this next tour the same will happen.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic