The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

49 minutes ago, madgefan said:

And not just the cone bra. Remember that JPG also worked on the DWT, RIT and CT!

The minute she stopped recruting him to make the designs, we started to get some really questionable costume choices... 4 Minutes at the S&S anyone? And let's not even discuss how she ruined that beautiful jacket for God Control at MXT :seeno:

Sorry to say, but Gaultier wasn't really involved with Re-Invention. He did a couple of t-shirts, but that was it. However, I'm very excited to hear that he'll be designing for the Celebration Tour. Hopefully he'll be the main designer for the whole show!

2 minutes ago, acolyte said:

Sorry to say, but Gaultier wasn't really involved with Re-Invention. He did a couple of t-shirts, but that was it. However, I'm very excited to hear that he'll be designing for the Celebration Tour. Hopefully he'll be the main designer for the whole show!

Oh, I was almost certain he was kind of involved in the making of the military outfit.

3 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Oh, I was almost certain he was kind of involved in the making of the military outfit.

The military section was designed by Arianne Phillips, I'm afraid. At the time, Gaultier had just started working for Hermès and therefore couldn't really participate.

The RHT was my first Madonna tour. The book was BIG, but it's true. The theme was just too violent and very much a martyr theme hence the name of her album. I thought her take on Andy Warhol was nice, and the homage for Marilyn, but that's about it. The MXT book is so pretty! It just stinks that the cutouts pop out a bit, but I like the effort she put into them and with the postcards and just the whole pictures that era and the theme. 

I wonder if she's going to recreate her iconic pictures with a modern twist (like the pics she posted that looked like LAV and MG) for the book, collaborate with Steven Klein, and/or just create a book that reviews and goes over her career like a picture autobiography. I know that the merchandise will be amazing this time, so I need to save up!

On 3/24/2023 at 9:45 AM, ma(x) said:

As far as I'm concerned, the only noteworthy tour books are those of the Virgin tour, Who's That Girl Tour , The Girlie Show , The Re invention Tour , the nice ones are from DWT and S&S and RHT ( Confessions Tour, MDNA Tour and Madame X are terrible ).

Where do you rank BA? surely at the top of that list? ;-) TGS, BA and RIT are my favorites in that order, I do also really love WTG, SS is pobably the worst imo, it's just one, rather boring photoshoot.

1 minute ago, Pretender1978 said:

Where do you rank BA? surely at the top of that list? ;-) TGS, BA and RIT are my favorites in that order, I do also really love WTG, SS is pobably the worst imo, it's just one, rather boring photoshoot.

I forgot the Blond Ambition Tour Book while answering! I corrected my previous post! It's OBVIOUSLY in the list of the most beautiful Tour Books!

BATB.jpg

15 hours ago, musicinferno said:

The RIT book was a work of art. I believe that was the only time she did photoshoots specifically for the tour book. 

It was definitely a work of art indeed! Even though one of the two shoots was done for W, so technically not specifically for the tourbook. But I think most tours had photoshoots done for the promo/tourbook that were used as a red thread through the book. WTG is the beautiful Herb Rits BW shoot, BA again Rits in the cropped dark hair shoot (that one is probably one of my favorite shoots ever) GS uses the shoot by, again Rits for Interview so maybe that one doesnt count, then you have the SS and RHT shoots that make up for most of the tourbook

NEW DATES ANNOUNCED:

Monday December 18 - Washington DC, Capital One Arena

Wednesday December 20 - Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center

Friday December 22 - Nashville Bridgestone Arena

Thursday January 11 - Thousand Palms Acrisure Arena

Saturday January 13 - Sacramento Golden 1 Center

Monday January 15 - San Francisco Chase Center

Thursday January 18 - Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena

Saturday January 20 - Phoenix Footprint Center

The Nashville one was added because of the anti-LGBTQ+ legislation being enacted there. Tickets for all dates on sale from tomorrow, general sale Friday. No further US dates will be added.

Source: https://www.madonna.com/news/title/celebration-tour-to-visit-nashville--new-us-dates-added

Edited by Where's The Party? (see edit history)

"All new dates will take place between December 2023 and January 2024, and mark the final additional shows in North America where Madonna will perform some of her greatest hits from her unparalleled music catalogue."

I don't know what to understand here, it could be

1. Some because she has so many that only "some" will be performed (a way of making people know that many omisions will happen)

2. There will be some hits but other many of the performances will not be hits.

2 hours ago, xavier said:

👏👏👏👏

32FBD13E-AF21-43D7-8568-99B67F251CE3.jpeg

FUCK YEAH!!! Fuck those guys in Nashville...fuck the guys here in Texas for their new drag bounty bill...basically if you see a minor and their is a person in drag anywhere near them..you can sue. they are doing the same thing they did with the abortion bounty. you gets you a lovely 5000 bucks for turning someone in. The bill is so vague that a Halloween event,, a pride parade..a party where maybe people are in drag..etc..all of that could result in people getting sued or arrested. The Big Halloween event we have here in oak lawn is all ages for the block party outside. so kids are there, my husband went in drag last year..he could have been busted if a kid saw him under this apparent suggested bill. Its bullshit! Saying that drag queens are pedos, or that gay people are groomers..thats so disgusting and thought we were past this. I love my friends and family who are in the community!!! I go to oak lawn all the time because its such a wonderful place, the music, the people, I don't need to worry about stupid muscle heads and crazy bitches fucking with me, plus nobody cares how old I am. In straight clubs I'm like persona no grata, I'm told why are you here your to old to be here. It sucks. Plus they have the best dag shows!!! Sorry for the rant but this kind of bullshit thats happening with the MAGA heads burns my ass!!!

All new dates will take place between December 2023 and January 2024, and mark the final additional shows in North America where Madonna will perform some of her greatest hits.

It could had been said that these were the final shows. That the tour will end in Jan 20th, but it didn´t. Can we still have hope in a South America leg? 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic