The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

31 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I really like the guitar performances. I imagine she will do at least 6 songs on guitar this time. She is getting older. 

What songs? I’m thinking maybe she does rock versions of Into the Groove, Holiday, Music, Like a Virgin, Vogue, and Express Yourself this time.

That would actually be really cool! Breathes new life into the songs and gives her time to rest between other songs :)

9 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

What songs? I’m thinking maybe she does rock versions of Into the Groove, Holiday, Music, Like a Virgin, Vogue, and Express Yourself this time.

That would actually be really cool! Breathes new life into the songs and gives her time to rest between other songs :)

Gambler

Burning Up

Candy Perfume Girl 

I’ll Remember

Over and Over

Where Life Begins 

{she already did holiday and like a version on guitar or little guitar on tv shows or promo tours}

2 hours ago, Future Lover said:

But why is it too much? She's pretty good at it, the performances she delivers with it tend to be pretty good with just a few notable exceptions, and it adds some variety and flexibility into the performance

It was the songs that were played on guitar back to back for me, so like I love New York-> Ray of light on the Confessions Tour and Ray of light -> Hung up on the S&S Tour. I'm fine with Miles away being performed with a guitar for example, but Human nature and Hung up just don't go with it and having to see her give a subpar performance on guitar right after another song also performed on guitar it's too much, she's not that kind of artist and no, she's not good at it. She mostly plays easy notes in the background while the other guitarists do the heavy lifting.

I love a guitar performance when it's well done and it doesn't go on for 10 minutes

22 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

I believe the guitars work as an excuse to perform a dance song and "don´t have to dance" cause she´s busy playing the guitar... It´s a time she can rest a little. And that´s ok! 

But the guitar performances are hardly ever any good. So it doesn’t work for me. I get she needs a breather and standing still is needed but I’d rather she sit on a step or a stool with a mic and sing. Her vocals on guitar performances are mostly always terrible

39 minutes ago, BlondAmbition said:

Do you think Bob the Drag Queen's performance in Tennesee will be a problem? Could Madonna be arrested?

Madonna said. "Bob and I will see you from the stage in Nashville where we will celebrate the beauty that is the queer community."

USAtoday

"Otherwise you'll be arrested"

M: "Ya. I'm not changing my fucking show"

Not a big fan of the guitar performances as well, just because that's not why we go see a Madonna concert for.

I mean, it was cute when she played I Deserve It on the DWT or True Blue during RHT, but deciding to do huge pop-dancing numbers on the guitar, like ROL and Hung Up, is beyond comprehension to me. I'd rather she'd "rest" in-between demanding choreographies with a soft ballad sitting down - Drowned World (CT), Rain (GS), Sooner or Later (BAT) - than doing that.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there were like 10 guitar performances this time around, mama's knees probably can't take too long walking and jumping round anymore and we'll be there applauding either way.

As much as I love Madonna, I hope she takes the TN date seriously as well as her other shows, in general. She announced the date I think before the shooting took place recently in Nashville.

Sadly, because the shooter was identified as trans, I'm VERY sure it'll push for more nationwide anti-trans and anti-gay rhetoric/laws from bigoted politicians, and they'll say this is to "protect children," even though the leading cause of death for children in the U.S. IS guns. 

I think she needs to have her team work diligently with security and that location because people WILL picket and protest with signs and guns. I believe the state is open-carry. I worry that because there already is domestic terrorism in the U.S., anyone can buy a ticket and harm the people going, whether it's inside the arena or even close in radius to the show outside. This happened before at Ariana Grande's Sweetener Tour in England, I believe. I don't know if thorough inspections for attendees, transparent bags/fannypacks, and metal detectors would work or would be enough. People can easily do something and have their stuff in their vehicles. 

She and Beyonce are gay icons and are outspoken allies, and I fear that with the political climate thriving with its fascism and bigotry in this country, their shows will be targets. I get she wants to support the community and perform there to donate to trans organizations. I think it's valid that she wants to be there and to use her voice, but I also want her to recognize that it may really put people and their lives in jeopardy. 

13 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Totally agree. I’d prefer authentic live guitar performances than her struggling to keep up dancing.

14 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

F YEAH! I Can´t wait to see her perform the rock versions of Sorry and GMAYL that I listen to everyday in my head. I wish I knew how to play the guitar :Madonna024:

Well, I am in the group of those who do not agree that Madonna transforms into rock songs that never were, such as Hung Up or Human Nature, because they are songs that since their birth have not been identified at all as part of this genre. They are songs in whose DNA the use of guitars does not predominate over other instruments. That is why when hearing them totally altered in their original essence or as I originally remembered them (such as Borderline on Sticky and Sweet or Material Girl on the Reinvention Tour) it is natural that my initial reaction was one of some disappointment or rejection in accept them in their new version because as a fan I will always prefer to listen to them in their original version or with certain modifications but that do not stray too far from the essence with which they were born.

In addition, Madonna has a diversity of rock songs in her catalog to interpret, such as Burning Up, Amazing, I'm so stupid, etc. She could even cover a rock song by another artist, for example, I would love for her to sing "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera, a song that deals with female empowerment and being victorious and with stronger self-esteem after a disappointment in love. In conclusion, and not to stray from the topic, if Madonna wants to sing a rock song, she should do it, but I would prefer that she choose among those that originally form part of that genre, since of all the songs she has sung in a rock version, none has stood out. Rather, they have been like the filler songs on a record that one would rather skip in order to hear only the best.

11 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Well, I am in the group of those who do not agree that Madonna transforms into rock songs that never were, such as Hung Up or Human Nature, because they are songs that since their birth have not been identified at all as part of this genre. They are songs in whose DNA the use of guitars does not predominate over other instruments. That is why when hearing them totally altered in their original essence or as I originally remembered them (such as Borderline on Sticky and Sweet or Material Girl on the Reinvention Tour) it is natural that my initial reaction was one of some disappointment or rejection in accept them in their new version because as a fan I will always prefer to listen to them in their original version or with certain modifications but that do not stray too far from the essence with which they were born.

In addition, Madonna has a diversity of rock songs in her catalog to interpret, such as Burning Up, Amazing, I'm so stupid, etc. She could even cover a rock song by another artist, for example, I would love for her to sing "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera, a song that deals with female empowerment and being victorious and with stronger self-esteem after a disappointment in love. In conclusion, and not to stray from the topic, if Madonna wants to sing a rock song, she should do it, but I would prefer that she choose among those that originally form part of that genre, since of all the songs she has sung in a rock version, none has stood out. Rather, they have been like the filler songs on a record that one would rather skip in order to hear only the best.

This is pretty true. I think Burning Up on Rebel Heart Tour and American Life on Madame X Tour were definitely steps in the right direction though... They felt right and entertaining. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic