The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

44 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

I got plenty of him from drag race. It will be disappointing to me if he is woven throughout the show. I'm going to see Madonna lol

Bob is great on the HBO show, We’re Here, but I paid thousands to see Madonna, not Bob the Drag Queen.

Opening act is fine.

2 hours ago, ScottyX said:

I got plenty of him from drag race. It will be disappointing to me if he is woven throughout the show. I'm going to see Madonna lol

I just knew that this tour was going to be just a larger version of the pride performance, filled with dancers and drag queens performing more of the old songs and Madonna coming on for only the Tokisha, sickkick, material gworl type of modern versions.

31 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I just knew that this tour was going to be just a larger version of the pride performance, filled with dancers and drag queens performing more of the old songs and Madonna coming on for only the Tokisha, sickkick, material gworl type of modern versions.

Can you imagine? Lol 

4 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Can you imagine? Lol 

Unfortunately yes. At her age doing a large world tour, it would make sense as a way to get through it each night. The problem I have, is that I don’t really finding drag queens and dancers, interesting. I like to go for her singing and the live music. But a majority of her fans love dancing and drag queens. I prefer Madonna, the musician and singer.

19 hours ago, andifeel said:

Tony “This show opens at 500 miles per hour”

The internet : “she’s opening with Live To Tell”

Madonna / Amy Schumer daring Madonna to play her “greatest hits” / Livenation / every bit of marketing : “This is greatest hits”

The internet : “it’s four decades not greatest hits. I’m hoping for I’m Addicted, Impressive Instant and Falling Free”

Tony : “the first song will have you on your feet”

The Internet : “what better song than the number 93 ‘hit’, Nothing Really Matters”

Yup, this is what this topic is like, lmao.

ive even seen people saying she should start with everybody. Imagine having all those hits and starting a greatest hits show with a song that missed every chart back then and doesn’t have a lot of streams these days.

Music or holiday would be better. Or Into the Groove.

19 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Unfortunately yes. At her age doing a large world tour, it would make sense as a way to get through it each night. The problem I have, is that I don’t really finding drag queens and dancers, interesting. I like to go for her singing and the live music. But a majority of her fans love dancing and drag queens. I prefer Madonna, the musician and singer.

I don't find drag queens interesting either. I really hope you're wrong. 

27 minutes ago, rga98 said:

I don't find drag queens interesting either. I really hope you're wrong. 

Me too. That pride performance really was awful but I feel like the celebration tour is a continuation of that. - Anyhow, I am grateful I saw the Madame X tour which had Madonna’s artistic elements in it. Although the dancing was boring to me. 

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

I will sell every ticket I have and refuse to ever see her again if this is the show she puts on opening night. 

And this would be a total wrap on her touring career. The reviews would be rightfully abysmal.

2 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Yup, this is what this topic is like, lmao.

ive even seen people saying she should start with everybody. Imagine having all those hits and starting a greatest hits show with a song that missed every chart back then and doesn’t have a lot of streams these days.

Music or holiday would be better. Or Into the Groove.

Everybody was not a hit when released however it kicked off an exceptional record breaking career, was a highlight on both the Virgin Tour and You Can Dance, was planned for the Blond Ambition Tour setlist and was instead added as the first vocals heard on Express Yourself as the iconic tour opener and was the big closing track for The Girlie Show and that was it's first decade - it has it's place in Madonna's history and she likes it so it would be an epic opener for the tour and if not, would no doubt be on the setlist given she watched her Danceteria performance this week etc

I think Celebration itself would be a nice opening to the show. Not a hit, I know, but fits the bill. The "haven't I seen you somewhere before?" anticipating her entrance like in Future Lovers would be iconic.

And I don't think we can really blame fans who are expecting to see flops on the setlist when she is deliberately teasing songs like Bad Girl, Rescue Me, NRM and Physical Attraction on this so-called "greatest hits tour".

17 minutes ago, missberic said:

I think Celebration itself would be a nice opening to the show. Not a hit, I know, but fits the bill. The "haven't I seen you somewhere before?" anticipating her entrance like in Future Lovers would be iconic.

And I don't think we can really blame fans who are expecting to see flops on the setlist when she is deliberately teasing songs like Bad Girl, Rescue Me, NRM and Physical Attraction on this so-called "greatest hits tour".

Celebration was a hit everywhere except for the US (as usual)

2 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I will sell every ticket I have and refuse to ever see her again if this is the show she puts on opening night. 

And this would be a total wrap on her touring career. The reviews would be rightfully abysmal.

Agree. Tbh after Madame X I didn't think the general public would still be interested in seeing her live but she proved me wrong. But if she pulls a show with drags singing her songs and doing horrible versions of her biggest hits she will tank herself way too deep. Tickets are way too expensive and us (fans) and the GA deserve better than that. I, for one, don't have the highest hopes but to this date she hasn't disappointed me with her live shows. We'll just have to hope and pray that Bob's presence is reduced to a minimum and his comedy or whatever he does is in good taste. I'd rather have dancers doing long interludes with hits that didn't make it. If she needs a break she could pull a Kylie and have a halftime in the middle of the show, after her cancer recovery she's had 20-30 minute breaks mid show in almost every tour but she's usually on time.

Where exactly are you all getting these ideas from? There is one drag queen on the bill, how is this all of the sudden mostly drag queens performing her hits? Be serious. 

If she doesn’t give something for her fans to complain about then it seems they’ll just make something up to complain about. 

8 hours ago, deathproof said:

You can’t take her following/followers list too seriously. It glitches all the time. Multiple times she “stopped” following Guy O, only to appear on the following list the next day.

Mmm hmm. I wonder why my Instagram never “glitches” and unfollows my close friends or manager now and again.

8 hours ago, scion said:

Nah not a fan at all,  spent a fortune on tickets again this tour but I can’t be a fan apparently… even though I’m travelling to different countries to see the show 🤣

I just don’t find her vulgar… it’s not a word I’d use to describe her. I’ve never found her shocking either. I’m 30 - things madonna does don’t surprise or shock me,  I’ve been brought up through eras of worse. 

That word has been used to describe her by many people for decades. It’s subjective I guess.

Of course she’d never do a performance where she comes out of a vagina like Geri Halliwell because it was just corny . It reminds me of Medusa dare to be truthful with the giant penis.

It’s also really wild to be complaining about Bob as if it isn’t incredibly important that someone of Madonna’s stature amplify drag and queer performers when drag queens and queer people are under attack. Bob’s being there is a massive statement and will mean so much to so many people. 

What drag queens and queers are under attack? Haven’t they always been? They still are. Doesn’t seem like much of an interesting statement. Madonna has been having drag queens since day one. Remember the Bedtime Story video launch on MTV? The event was filled with drag queens and that was in the 90s. Look at the trannies in the Justify My Love video. Drag Queens nowadays are super mainstream. It’s not very interesting that she is working with them again. It’s Madonna as usual. Which is fine, but I would rather something more controversial like COVID conspiracy statements or spitting on her fans and telling them to fuck off if they request a song that she doesn’t want to do. I like the mean and nasty Madonna, not sweet and nice. (I do love SweetMadonna’s posts though.)

10 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

What drag queens and queers are under attack? Haven’t they always been? They still are. Doesn’t seem like much of an interesting statement. Madonna has been having drag queens since day one. Remember the Bedtime Story video launch on MTV? The event was filled with drag queens and that was in the 90s. Look at the trannies in the Justify My Love video. Drag Queens nowadays are super mainstream. It’s not very interesting that she is working with them again. It’s Madonna as usual. Which is fine, but I would rather something more controversial like COVID conspiracy statements or spitting on her fans and telling them to fuck off if they request a song that she doesn’t want to do. I like the mean and nasty Madonna, not sweet and nice. (I do love SweetMadonna’s posts though.)

I'm going to assume you don't live in America or if you do haven't been watching the news. 

In Tennessee, drag in public spaces has been illegalized. There are bills currently moving through many state legislatures to follow suit. Drag queens are being made the scapegoat's for the right's narrative that gay people are groomers. They are trying to actively criminalize drag, they're spreading the narrative that drag queens are grooming children, and at the end of 2022, there was a mass shooting at a drag bar that was a hate crime because of this narrative. 

This isn't your every day run of the mill homophobia, this is a new wave of blatant attacks on this community that's being waged by state governments. People are being killed, fined, and arrested. 

That's why she announced the show in Nashville. That's what the statement she made on her Instagram about "don't fuck with a drag queen" was about. Tennessee is leading the charge on anti-drag legislation and drag criminalization. Her platforming a drag queen, especially in Tennessee, is a huge, huge deal. 

Also, the word I bolded above is a slur so unless you yourself are trans (and if you are then I apologize for saying anything) then I don't think it's a good idea to use it. 

2 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

I'm going to assume you don't live in America or if you do haven't been watching the news. 

In Tennessee, drag in public spaces has been illegalized. There are bills currently moving through many state legislatures to follow suit. Drag queens are being made the scapegoat's for the right's narrative that gay people are groomers. They are trying to actively criminalize drag, they're spreading the narrative that drag queens are grooming children, and at the end of 2022, there was a mass shooting at a drag bar that was a hate crime because of this narrative. 

This isn't your every day run of the mill homophobia, this is a new wave of blatant attacks on this community that's being waged by state governments. People are being killed, fined, and arrested. 

That's why she announced the show in Nashville. That's what the statement she made on her Instagram about "don't fuck with a drag queen" was about. Tennessee is leading the charge on anti-drag legislation and drag criminalization. Her platforming a drag queen, especially in Tennessee, is a huge, huge deal. 

Also, the word I bolded above is a slur so unless you yourself are trans (and if you are then I apologize for saying anything) then I don't think it's a good idea to use it. 

Ok, sounds much worse than I imagined. No, I am not from the US and I don’t watch/read the news 🗞️ at the moment. Glad I am not attending any of the USA dates. I just can’t with all the mass shootings and now this attack from the government like Brazil had a couple years ago. And by the way, it’s disgusting that the US government is protecting that anti-gay Brazilian president. Just sickening. 

Being a Madonna fan for many years, I always had androgynous aquatintances and social circles and some liked to be called “Tranny”. Not all of course. 

44 minutes ago, rga98 said:

Agree. Tbh after Madame X I didn't think the general public would still be interested in seeing her live but she proved me wrong. But if she pulls a show with drags singing her songs and doing horrible versions of her biggest hits she will tank herself way too deep. Tickets are way too expensive and us (fans) and the GA deserve better than that. I, for one, don't have the highest hopes but to this date she hasn't disappointed me with her live shows. We'll just have to hope and pray that Bob's presence is reduced to a minimum and his comedy or whatever he does is in good taste. I'd rather have dancers doing long interludes with hits that didn't make it. If she needs a break she could pull a Kylie and have a halftime in the middle of the show, after her cancer recovery she's had 20-30 minute breaks mid show in almost every tour but she's usually on time.

I don’t know much about this drag queen nor am I that into drag or RDR but I think it’s wonderful timing that she happens to have a drag performer considering the recent politics around that stuff. I’m all for it. I am sure however they are incorporated into the show will not take away from Madonna or her music.

31 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Ok, sounds much worse than I imagined. No, I am not from the US and I don’t watch/read the news 🗞️ at the moment. Glad I am not attending any of the USA dates. I just can’t with all the mass shootings and now this attack from the government like Brazil had a couple years ago. And by the way, it’s disgusting that the US government is protecting that anti-gay Brazilian president. Just sickening. 

Being a Madonna fan for many years, I always had androgynous aquatintances and social circles and some liked to be called “Tranny”. Not all of course. 

The term is no longer used. And what country are you in or do you live under a rock somewhere in Siberia?

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic