The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

11 minutes ago, scion said:

Sorry yes 2007/8, but there was no intermission on the Golden show I went to, or anything from 2011 onward.

There was an intermission on all UK Golden Tour shows. All 4 shows I went to had a 20 minute intermission. If you saw it in continental Europe or Australia where the show was shortened then it makes sense that the intermission was removed

7 minutes ago, Where's The Party? said:

There was at the Golden show I went to at The O2 in London. I think it was about thirty minutes long?

Yes! Only UK shows had intermissions. They were 20 minutes long. I went to The O2 shows as well

6 hours ago, tscott said:

It was a massive hit.  The tour was extended over several years thanks to Covid, and every show managed to include most if not most all his biggest hits.  No artist is going to tour for five years under the same tour, without changes. With 300 shows and counting, no one going to a few shows can say he hasn't represented his catalog with this farewell tour when in fact he has.

Maybe in your country. If you live in the UK then his catalog is appallingly represented with many many massive hits missing in what has been a static setlist for over a year.

No Can You Feel the Love Tonight, not even Sacrifice. 

Anyway. This isn’t an Elton thread and we don’t need the misery of his current farewell tour infecting chat about an upbeat Madonna tour! 

38 minutes ago, andifeel said:

Maybe in your country. If you live in the UK then his catalog is appallingly represented with many many massive hits missing in what has been a static setlist for over a year.

Anyway. This isn’t an Elton thread and we don’t need the misery of his current farewell tour infecting chat about an upbeat Madonna tour! 

I saw him in 2012 in Blackpool, he wasn’t brilliant. Heard / saw when walking past also his show at Leigh Sports Village (I live 3 minutes walk away!) and he wasn’t great either but much better. Love the music though!

Blackpool you couldn’t tell tell a word he was saying, it was like he was breaking in new teeth 🤣

3 hours ago, kesiak said:

Who in their right mind would want to hear Can You Feel The Love Tonight? :)

Even though he wrote it and it was a hit for him I feel that song along with Circle of Life belongs to the musical and I wouldn’t really have expected him to perform it. I mean like Madonna the man has literally dozens of famous songs spanning across 3 decades and when you think of classic Elton songs it’s not up there with Rocket man, Candle in the wind, Crocodile rock etc. I associate it more with being a Disney classic.

Personally, I hope she doesn’t go the intermission route. Part of the reason Confessions worked so well is the megamix type of feel to the songs (at least the first and last section).

With Stuart back on board, I’m really hoping she goes that route again. 2 hours of classics reworked to modern Stuart arrangements mixing into each other sounds like an absolute dream.

As interesting as his reworkings of classics will be, I’m actually really curious to hear his spin on post-2007 Madonna songs. She’s inevitably going to include a few…Stuart versions of Girl Gone Wild, Living for Love, Rebel Heart, I Don’t Search I Find, etc. could be really interesting if she decides to include any. He’s always had a good ear for the updated mixes.

5 hours ago, andifeel said:

I feel like the only scenario where the GP would go to a concert expecting a certain setlist is with a tour like Mariah's #1's at Vegas.

We will definitely be frustrated with nods and snubs on the setlist of TCT regarding what she considers a hit.

There's not only Kylie and Elton as exemples, but even Taylor herself has managed to keep entire albums and semi-hits off of the Eras Tour setlist to include tracks that weren't even singles.

51 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Madonna do an intermission 🤣🤣🤣 would never happen for the mere fact that it would be taken as a sign of her getting old. Besides that's what interludes are for. Didn't M basically create the art of interludes in concert form? 

Well, she is getting old, it’s not disputable and not something she really needs to acknowledge to ascertain… 🫣

The reason I can’t see an intermission happening is because she would have to start her show at a decent hour, and not 23:00.

1 minute ago, scion said:

Well, she is getting old, it’s not disputable and not something she really needs to acknowledge to ascertain… 🫣

The reason I can’t see an intermission happening is because she would have to start her show at a decent hour, and not 23:00.

A Tina Turner type Intermission is not Madonna. She just wouldn't do it imo.

4 minutes ago, scion said:

Yes she is aging...she is human. That doesn't mean past a certain age she must whither and die either. Let's face it, she is stronger and healthier than most of humanity -- good for her for living her life on her terms.

6 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Yes she is aging...she is human. That doesn't mean past a certain age she must whither and die either. Let's face it, she is stronger and healthier than most of humanity -- good for her for living her life on her terms.

Who said wither and die? That’s so over dramatic 🤣

It’s 100% more empowering to acknowledge your limitations and make adaptations to enable your best. A 30 minute mid show interlude would certainly not be harmful. Ultimately a 65 year old is classed as an older person and no matter how healthy you are - things change. Listen to the difference in her speaking voice now, it’s so whispy… naturally deteriorating with age and it’s not remediable. It’s normal, it happens. 

1 minute ago, scion said:

It’s 100% more empowering to acknowledge your limitations and make adaptations to enable your best. A 30 minute mid show interlude would certainly not be harmful. 

Yeah until her returning late after intermission becomes a thing

57 minutes ago, scion said:

It’s 100% more empowering to acknowledge your limitations and make adaptations to enable your best. A 30 minute mid show interlude would certainly not be harmful. Ultimately a 65 year old is classed as an older person and no matter how healthy you are - things change. Listen to the difference in her speaking voice now, it’s so whispy… naturally deteriorating with age and it’s not remediable. It’s normal, it happens. 

Who said I said you said wither and die? Dying at being late for the interlude tho 🤣

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic