The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

I think the theme of the show will be "something old, something new".

Like the tour name suggests, it will be a celebration of her work. So, we should expect inclusion of  iconic visuals, plus some new stuff.

Stuart Price was so good at mixing Madonna hits with obscure stuff, so maybe that is the reason why she hired him. He would be perfect for mash ups and medleys. He can combine a lot of songs and make them sound like one song, which is fantastic.

Perhaps Madonna hired Max Martin so he could bring something new to the tour. 

1 hour ago, Justice said:

I think the theme of the show will be "something old, something new".

Like the tour name suggests, it will be a celebration of her work. So, we should expect inclusion of  iconic visuals, plus some new stuff.

Stuart Price was so good at mixing Madonna hits with obscure stuff, so maybe that is the reason why she hired him. He would be perfect for mash ups and medleys. He can combine a lot of songs and make them sound like one song, which is fantastic.

Perhaps Madonna hired Max Martin so he could bring something new to the tour. 

I took the theme to be this:

The Celebration Tour will take us on Madonna’s artistic journey through four decades and pays respect to the city of New York where her career in music began. “I am excited to explore as many songs as possible in hopes to give my fans the show they have been waiting for,” states Madonna.

11 hours ago, scion said:

You can imagine it though can’t you… showtime a respectable 20:15pm, then an interlude at 21:30, scheduled to return at 21:50 and actually returns at 22:45 with a bad mood to a half empty arena 😟

I can even imagine her just not coming back 

3 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I would much rather an intermission featuring Tina Turner performing rock renditions of a couple Madonna song’s than Bob, the drag queen.

Why are you so bothered by the idea of a drag Queen doing an interlude? I honestly think it would be refreshing instead of the usual video screen footage while dancers swing in the air. We have seen that a zillion times over now. It’s not going to be anything like Pride, it’s a huge expensive production with months of planning and rehearsals. There is nothing to fear or dread.

44 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Why are you so bothered by the idea of a drag Queen doing an interlude? I honestly think it would be refreshing instead of the usual video screen footage while dancers swing in the air. We have seen that a zillion times over now. It’s not going to be anything like Pride, it’s a huge expensive production with months of planning and rehearsals. There is nothing to fear or dread.

Video interludes reallly are boring. Illuminati was nice on RHT… the best one she’s ever had interlude wise was Hollywood on RIT… that was spectacular in an otherwise pretty boring show. 

59 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Not to offend anyone but I guess it’s because some of us don’t enjoy drag shows, like at all. I very much prefer dancers or literally anything else but I have NOTHING against gays who do drag, it’s just not my cup of tea.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I agree. I would prefer a new idea like Bob the drag queen doing interludes over the usual video back drop with performers. But I would prefer Tina Turner over a drag queen.

1 hour ago, scion said:

Video interludes reallly are boring. Illuminati was nice on RHT… the best one she’s ever had interlude wise was Hollywood on RIT… that was spectacular in an otherwise pretty boring show. 

My favorite interludes were Illuminati and Hollywood. Runners up were What It Feels Like for a Girl and Nobody Knows Me (which was so sexy and hot with the cops and prisoners touching each other and bouncing up and down on the slack line)

1 hour ago, rga98 said:

Not to offend anyone but I guess it’s because some of us don’t enjoy drag shows, like at all. I very much prefer dancers or literally anything else but I have NOTHING against gays who do drag, it’s just not my cup of tea.

I actually went to a drag KING show. And I preferred it. It was lesbians dressed like hot rocker guys lip syncing to Nickleback, Candlebox and Eminem. But I prefer bro rock over female pop music singers. (Except the Madonna)

Ugh here we go. To me, featuring Bob is very important for her US shows where conservative states with Republican Super Majorities are banning them from public… they’d go further if they can. Everything Madonna has represented in her art of self expression and bodily autonomy is literally shoved back in the closet in states across the US. Her support and platform for the LGBTQ+ will take precedent over our desire for what we think is best. I’d say this could be like Papa Don’t Preach on Madame X. It was in the US dates because of our political mess in the States. 

So I guess I’m saying that some parts of the tour could change once she is out of the US.

12 minutes ago, gafuller said:

Ugh here we go. To me, featuring Bob is very important for her US shows where conservative states with Republican Super Majorities are banning them from public… they’d go further if they can. Everything Madonna has represented in her art of self expression and bodily autonomy is literally shoved back in the closet in states across the US. Her support and platform for the LGBTQ+ will take precedent over our desire for what we think is best. I’d say this could be like Papa Don’t Preach on Madame X. It was in the US dates because of our political mess in the States. 

So I guess I’m saying that some parts of the tour could change once she is out of the US.

What the hell is wrong with the USA? Banning medical practices and now drag queens? And mass shootings every 15 minutes. Etc. I am sure there are problems with every country but the USA is out of control. It’s simply not safe. She needs to move somewhere else. She doesn’t like to pay  high taxes and she detests the strict employment laws in places like London. I’ve seen interviews where she complains about her staff getting to much vacation time based on laws there.

22 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

Madonna do an intermission 🤣🤣🤣 would never happen for the mere fact that it would be taken as a sign of her getting old. Besides that's what interludes are for. Didn't M basically create the art of interludes in concert form? 

Does anyone even care for interludes though? Might as well turn off lights and sound and say "Madonna will be back in 5 minutes"

On 4/8/2023 at 9:51 AM, steady75 said:

Aye but i mean in succession it would be a three note phrase as it were.

I already commented in the spoiler/rehearsals thread, but I really think it's Impressive Instant because of the clues/hints (the emojis of the comet and rocket) and his last sentence, "This is what you have been waiting for." It would be nice if she did Impressive Instant, and the first few notes are well-known to her fans. She last performed it for the DWT, but she scrapped it from S&S Tour when it was originally supposed to mashup with Burning Up. 

His latest post was of Danceteria, and I'm sure she'll include Everybody.

I also just want to add that I am excited as the weeks and months go by. I can see her taking us on a journey. I don't want to give Taylor that much credit, if at all, but I can see this being Madonna's own "Eras Tour" since it's 40 years of hits, a legacy, an impact, and being a pop culture icon. I can see her revamping and putting modern twists to her classics, since she gets bored easily doing the same thing over and over (I would, too).

There's no doubt she will do the same with her wardrobe, from the iconic wedding dress in LAV and at the VMA's (can't believe the 2003 performance is now 20 years old -- she should totally reference that at some point), to the Material Girl/Marilyn Monroe dress, the Blond Ambition cone-shaped bra, Dita, Evita, etc. She kind of did that with her Hung Up Tokischa remix when she dyed her hair red and ditched the pink leotard with a pink, Adidas-inspired tracksuit dress. She even wore blue sweats since that's what she originally wore in the 2005 video before she took it off to reveal the pink leotard. Point is, she's very intentional in what she does, and it's all about the details. After all, she is a natural-born artist/creative and perfectionist. 

We talk a lot about the potential songs she may be performing, but I will be in such awe with the visuals, from the wardrobe and the backdrops/videos. It would be nice if she has interludes with her dancers and backdrop videos (while she's changing in her next outfit/costume) that will paint a story of each era or moment in her career to introduce the next segue/chapter of the setlist. She usually has 4-5 acts (with and without an encore) for each tour, so who knows if each act may be a specific decade? 

She and Tony have been very cryptic with their posts, but an homage to Keith, Basquiat, and Burgoyne would be nice (which she's been rocking thanks to Honey Dijon making Keith Haring outfits for sale). 

I get people are mixed with Bob the Drag Queen. Can't say I watch RuPaul's Drag Race or listen to Bob's podcast, but I think he's funny and entertaining. The LGBTQ+ community was there for Madonna and vice-versa. She's put her money where her mouth is with AIDS charities and giving members platforms. People may get upset but everything is political in this day and age, so it's nice that a Black, pansexual, non-binary performer will be touring with her where it's getting awful here in the U.S for the community. To give him a platform and to give him a space to be seen and heard is incredible. 

Can't wait! 

7 hours ago, Honey Little said:

My favorite interludes were Illuminati and Hollywood. Runners up were What It Feels Like for a Girl and Nobody Knows Me (which was so sexy and hot with the cops and prisoners touching each other and bouncing up and down on the slack line)

The police were beating and dragging the prisoners while an array of violence, protest and dead teens were displayed on the background. The police killed themselves quite violently. I'm trying to pick the sexy+hot part of it

I don't know why people think that Bob will be an add-on the the show. Or having a whole part for itself. We know Madonna, tends to  incorporate artists she likes into her shows: Gogol Bordello, Kalakan, AyaBambi..

Considering she wants to pay homage to NYC, it wouldn't be surprising that in one part that will be the theme and Bob could represent something on the scene, like she did in God Control video.

I think Pride was a Pride show , a variety show themed Madonna. But this is her concert, I think she will find a way to make it part of the show.

7 hours ago, Honey Little said:

The Nobdy Knows Me Interlude was never sexy.....

please take the time to look up the names of the young LGBT kids mentioned in the Nobody Knows Me interlude

It goes without saying but there's an obvious trigger warning for suicide

Asher Brown https://www.chron.com/life/mom-houston/article/Parents-Bullying-drove-Cy-Fair-8th-grader-to-1698827.php

Robbie Kirkland http://www.robbiekirkland.com/robbie-s-story.html

Seth Walsh https://www.bakersfield.com/news/anti-bullying-law-introduced-in-memory-of-seth-walsh/article_ab61e347-f8db-5acd-8001-f712bfb85510.html

Tyler Clementi - https://tylerclementi.org/

Brandon Bitner - http://chasingrainbowsuk.weebly.com/brandon-bitner.html

Kenneth James Weishuhn - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kenneth-weishuhn-gay-iowa-teen-suicide_n_1431442

Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover - https://www.essence.com/news/a-parents-worst-nightmare-the-real-story/

Madonna herself opened up about bullying and teen suicides in schools in this 2010 interview with Ellen. I did not know she herself felt that way in high school. Bullying sucks in any form, at any age. We need to be more caring and respectful. After all every single one of us are human, has feelings, and should be treated with respect no matter what.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic