The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

27 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

The police were beating and dragging the prisoners while an array of violence, protest and dead teens were displayed on the background. The police killed themselves quite violently. I'm trying to pick the sexy+hot part of it

Totally forgot! She always makes a political interlude. I can see with how things are worsening with legislation impacting LGBTQ+ folks, with gun control, with reproductive/sexual health rights, money/greed and power, any form of bigotry and fascism, she can make lots of content for an interlude. 

As for Bob, I always was under the impression he'd open the show since he has his own music. He can do stand-up comedy and perform drag/ballroom songs he's made along with some quick drag performances/changes. He is a performer after all, and I'm sure Madonna would pull him in for some songs to dance with the rest of the dancers or to your point, pay homage to the culture from the 80s and 90s in NYC.

3 hours ago, Lucky Star said:

I also just want to add that I am excited as the weeks and months go by. I can see her taking us on a journey. I don't want to give Taylor that much credit, if at all, but I can see this being Madonna's own "Eras Tour" since it's 40 years of hits, a legacy, an impact, and being a pop culture icon. I can see her revamping and putting modern twists to her classics, since she gets bored easily doing the same thing over and over (I would, too).

There's no doubt she will do the same with her wardrobe, from the iconic wedding dress in LAV and at the VMA's (can't believe the 2003 performance is now 20 years old -- she should totally reference that at some point), to the Material Girl/Marilyn Monroe dress, the Blond Ambition cone-shaped bra, Dita, Evita, etc. She kind of did that with her Hung Up Tokischa remix when she dyed her hair red and ditched the pink leotard with a pink, Adidas-inspired tracksuit dress. She even wore blue sweats since that's what she originally wore in the 2005 video before she took it off to reveal the pink leotard. Point is, she's very intentional in what she does, and it's all about the details. After all, she is a natural-born artist/creative and perfectionist. 

We talk a lot about the potential songs she may be performing, but I will be in such awe with the visuals, from the wardrobe and the backdrops/videos. It would be nice if she has interludes with her dancers and backdrop videos (while she's changing in her next outfit/costume) that will paint a story of each era or moment in her career to introduce the next segue/chapter of the setlist. She usually has 4-5 acts (with and without an encore) for each tour, so who knows if each act may be a specific decade? 

She and Tony have been very cryptic with their posts, but an homage to Keith, Basquiat, and Burgoyne would be nice (which she's been rocking thanks to Honey Dijon making Keith Haring outfits for sale). 

I get people are mixed with Bob the Drag Queen. Can't say I watch RuPaul's Drag Race or listen to Bob's podcast, but I think he's funny and entertaining. The LGBTQ+ community was there for Madonna and vice-versa. She's put her money where her mouth is with AIDS charities and giving members platforms. People may get upset but everything is political in this day and age, so it's nice that a Black, pansexual, non-binary performer will be touring with her where it's getting awful here in the U.S for the community. To give him a platform and to give him a space to be seen and heard is incredible. 

Can't wait! 

I could be wrong, but I've always understood Bob The Drag Queen to be the opening act.  He won't be a deterrent as he's not a musical act and can liven up the room with humor and pro-love/anti-hate messaging.  I have stayed quiet on the Taylor tour... I know she's had to re-record her works to be free from contractual BS, but calling a tour at her age Era's is premature... I know she's the biggest thing since sliced bread at the moment, and this tour is extremely successful for her, but Eras for Taylor is just not my cup of tea.  She's not my cup of tea but thats ok.

I do see Madonna, like Taylor, doing a longer set lit for her tour.  Madonna has so many tracks to choose from and a lot of shorter edits are likely.... thinking intro section for MDNA Tour.  I also could see a section of the tour like in Rebel Heart where she does a spontaneous different song each night to appease the crowds.  

Madonna I can do for 3 hours...I don't see it happening but it literally sends adrenaline through my veins just thinking about it. Not a lot of artists I've seen I can deal with a long setlist like that. Smashing Pumpkins did 3 hours (who cares) and Prince. I feel like with her catalog she's one of a few artists that could pull it off. Not for 100+ shows tho. I think her norm is 2 hours tho. I'd love a 2h 30m personally. 

4 hours ago, EgoRod said:

The police were beating and dragging the prisoners while an array of violence, protest and dead teens were displayed on the background. The police killed themselves quite violently. I'm trying to pick the sexy+hot part of it

Ya there is nothing sexy about Tragedy. Even my warped sense of humor sees no humor in suffering.

7 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

Madonna I can do for 3 hours...I don't see it happening but it literally sends adrenaline through my veins just thinking about it. Not a lot of artists I've seen I can deal with a long setlist like that. Smashing Pumpkins did 3 hours (who cares) and Prince. I feel like with her catalog she's one of a few artists that could pull it off. Not for 100+ shows tho. I think her norm is 2 hours tho. I'd love a 2h 30m personally. 

2:30 would be ideal for me

Let’s say doors open at 7;

Bob The Drag Queen support set 8-8.45

Stage setup 8.45-9.15

M on 9.30 means a 3 hour set would finish at 00.30.

So if we’re looking at a 3 hour setlist (which would be awesome!) Bob would need to have completed the support act set by 8pm as most venues have a midnight curfew.

We know she breaks these but without the sponsorship of a multi year Livenation deal now I’d imagine Livenation won’t want to be paying the fines or prearranging curfew-breaks in exchange for bar sales as they’ve done before to accommodate her coming on after 9.30pm. 

22 hours ago, rga98 said:

Not to offend anyone but I guess it’s because some of us don’t enjoy drag shows, like at all. I very much prefer dancers or literally anything else but I have NOTHING against gays who do drag, it’s just not my cup of tea.

Well Bob is an amazing comedian, whether he’s in drag or not and I’m sure that’s what will be on display. The clothes he’s wearing should have minimal impact on your enjoyment. 

On 4/10/2023 at 5:22 PM, rga98 said:

Not to offend anyone but I guess it’s because some of us don’t enjoy drag shows, like at all. I very much prefer dancers or literally anything else but I have NOTHING against gays who do drag, it’s just not my cup of tea.

Tbh I find drag extremely boring and overrated. And I’ve always felt that way. I also hate that RPDR has become the main way the lgbt community is represented in the mainstream.

So I do get that. But what I’ve seen in here is some people fretting that Bob featuring in her show is going to somehow take away from Madonna or the show which seems really silly to me. I will judge what I think about it when I see it. Atm it just seems like a pretty insignificant aspect to be so deeply fretting about.

Maybe a lot of you don't know this but Bob doesn't dance lol performance is not their strongest suit so you don't need to worry about this becoming a "drag show". It's a comedy opening act done by a drag queen. What's not to like about that? And what does your stand on drag have to do with it? Some of these comments are dripping with prejudice in between the lines tbh

1 minute ago, missberic said:

Maybe a lot of you don't know this but Bob doesn't dance lol performance is not their strongest suit so you don't need to worry about this becoming a "drag show". It's a comedy opening act done by a drag queen. What's not to like about that? And what does your stand on drag have to do with it? Some of these comments are dripping with prejudice in between the lines tbh

I love drag. I just don't enjoy Bob. Lol

8 hours ago, andifeel said:

Stage setup 8.45-9.15

So if we’re looking at a 3 hour setlist (which would be awesome!) Bob would need to have completed the support act set by 8pm as most venues have a midnight curfew.

We know she breaks these but without the sponsorship of a multi year Livenation deal now I’d imagine Livenation won’t want to be paying the fines or prearranging curfew-breaks in exchange for bar sales as they’ve done before to accommodate her coming on after 9.30pm. 

Three hours would be even better! I agree 

2 hours ago, missberic said:

If you’re talking about me I am allowed to have an opinion about drag as an art form. I have nothing against it or those who participate. It has been oversaturated in the queer community ever since I’ve known. Just the same as the male queer community is obsessed with buff bodies, sex, youthfulness and general superficiality. There’s a large portion of us that do not feel a belonging to the community as a result. To feel this way does not mean that we prejudice at all, just that we would like to see the culture evolve from where it is to be more diverse. For a community that promotes diversity and inclusion they don’t always live up to that, it’s generally on specific terms that shuts a lot of people out if they don’t fit into the accepted categories. Drag is one of those categories and it’s all over mainstream now, as far as a lot of people are concerned it IS the queer community. Which it isn’t.

I do however think it aligns with Madonna and her music so it’s very appropriate she would have Bob as a support act. I am all for it and especially in America where they are being used to perpetuate homophobia.

I love drag. I adore Bob. And I'm definitely not one who fits into anything stereotypically gay. (ok, maybe a few things.) But I've never had any problems with those who do.
And I think it's quite amazing how far drag has come in the wider culture. So more power to it. Esp. in the context of current times.

So I'm looking forward to whatever she brings...as an opener or in the body of the main show. :Madonna055:

6 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I love drag. I adore Bob. And I'm definitely not one who fits into anything stereotypically gay. (ok, maybe a few things.) But I've never had any problems with those who do.
And I think it's quite amazing how far drag has come in the wider culture. So more power to it. Esp. in the context of current times.

So I'm looking forward to whatever she brings...as an opener or in the body of the main show. :Madonna055:

That’s a nice way of looking at it.

I hope I did not offend anyone with my views about all this! It is just where I am at. But of course drag has a long history in queer culture and is unique in the world so it makes sense it would be the thing the mainstream world shines a spotlight on. I do get that.

Much love to everyone!

9 hours ago, andifeel said:

Stage setup 8.45-9.15

Based on that info we can probably expect the show to gradually get shorter and shorter as the tour progresses.

So even if she were to do a 3 hour show (she won’t lol) we could be looking at a 1 hour show by the time she gets to the second US leg.

Unless shes willing to pay those fines out of her own pocket. Which I’m doubtful.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Based on that info we can probably expect the show to gradually get shorter and shorter as the tour progresses.

So even if she were to do a 3 hour show (she won’t lol) we could be looking at a 1 hour show by the time she gets to the second US leg.

Unless shes willing to pay those fines out of her own pocket. Which I’m doubtful.

Let’s just wait and see. There’s no point in posting things like this because it’s just going to cause people to go into panic mode. Let’s have faith! 

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Tbh I find drag extremely boring and overrated. And I’ve always felt that way. I also hate that RPDR has become the main way the lgbt community is represented in the mainstream.

I used to feel this way too. And then I realised that drag as an art form comes in SO many different shapes and sizes. There are queens who do your usual dress up/lip-sync/catty routine but then there are those whose act is more like performance art, weird and offbeat and bizarre. There are comedy queens and there are art queens, there is pageant drag and then there are club kids, etc. It's not this one uniform thing just about gays dressing up as oversexed women :).

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic