17. X-TRULY PROCESS

18. BAD TRULY

19. LIVING FOR TRULY

20. TRUE TRULY

21. TRULY DONT PREACH

22. BITCH IM TRULY

23. TRULY GONE WILD

24. NOBODY’S TRULY

25. I DONT SEARCH I TRULY (FINALLY ENOUGH TRULY)

Sponsored by:

image.jpeg.13c169dbf1a369f7b2812e70ab1f598f.jpegFeaturing an exclusive flavor: My TRULY is Raw

18 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

This discussion about the supertalented Bob The Drag Queen takes me back to 2012, when the special guests of Madonna´s SuperBowl performance were announced.

Fans got mad about M sharing the 13 only minutes show with 4 special guests (LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A, and Cee Lo Green). When the show was over, we  barely remembered the guests. It was all about Madonna. 

Im not sure if it’s a good comparison. Those special guests are actually the main criticism her Super Bowl performance gets nowadays. The people that said she didn’t need any of them when it was announced were actually right. Lesser female pop stars have done Super Bowl entirely on their own since then. And LMFAO are barely remembered.

In the case of Bob the Drag Queen we don’t even know yet how he will be featured in the show so there’s not much point worrying about it. But it’s not being done for the same reason as the superbowl guests so I don’t think it’s the same.

9 hours ago, tscott said:

I can see her bringing a few elements from Pride to this tour.  For instance, she could bring that same vibe and dance routine for "Celebration" on this tour and it will work.  Anyway, those were just three actual performances, and I'm doubting she's going to perform the other songs. 

Even if she did it won’t be the same. That performance was a very small affair and quite some time ago so any element coming from that would be a lot more evolved beyond what it was.

12 hours ago, tscott said:

Actually, she doesn't.  There are only a few performances she's done outside her tours that were just like the performances on tour.  "Bye Bye Baby" performance at VMA's probably is most like what was performed on tour, being she was weeks away from her first show.  Other than a few other performances that took certain elements from some promotional performances, most were greatly changed.  "4 Minutes" and "Candy Shop"  had some some resemblances for Hard Candy promo to S&ST.  Maybe the staircase for "Express Yourself" at the '89 VMA was the inspiration for the one used on Blond Ambition.  Point being, most of her promos weren't the same as what was performed later on tour.

All the Pride 2019 performances were identical on the Madame X Tour (God Control, American Life, Vogue, I Rise).
Living For Love was almost identical to the previous performances. 
Vogue from the Superbowl was very similar to the one on the MDNA Tour (setting and costume were different).
La Isla Bonita from Live Earth was similar to the one in Sticky. 
The Hard Candy Promo Tour was almost the same as the Sticky Tour (Candy Shop, Miles Away, 4 Minutes, Hung Up, Give It 2 Me, Music).

It is very likely that she will give the 2022 performances for the 2023 tour.

2 hours ago, Lorx said:

All the Pride 2019 performances were identical on the Madame X Tour (God Control, American Life, Vogue, I Rise).
Vogue from the Superbowl was very similar to the one on the MDNA Tour (setting and costume were different).
The Hard Candy Promo Tour was almost the same as the Sticky Tour (Candy Shop, Miles Away, 4 Minutes, Hung Up, Give It 2 Me, Music).

I mean...she was doing the same promo cycles when she was doing the same performances you mention, except for La Isla from S&S. 

She also did the Confessions promo campaign and what we saw in there, we saw at the Confessions Tour. 

The Pride performance from 2019 was literally when she was already rehearsing for the tour. 

Last year's Pride (2022) performance was just something she did on the side and rehearsed for a week and had nothing to do with this tour, neither was she rehearsing for this yet. Maybe we could see some stuff like Celebration...but it's not like she's adding those features. In fact, unless Tokischa tours with her, that performance won't even work. Same for Material Gurl

6 hours ago, xavier said:

So from what I understand… this section of the stage will be a boxing ring for part of the show! #thecelebrationtour #madonna

56167C6B-15C9-4D0B-9E0C-414D6648BBA1.jpeg

we´ve seen that all before

3 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I mean...she was doing the same promo cycles when she was doing the same performances you mention, except for La Isla from S&S. 

She also did the Confessions promo campaign and what we saw in there, we saw at the Confessions Tour. 

The Pride performance from 2019 was literally when she was already rehearsing for the tour. 

Last year's Pride (2022) performance was just something she did on the side and rehearsed for a week and had nothing to do with this tour, neither was she rehearsing for this yet. Maybe we could see some stuff like Celebration...but it's not like she's adding those features. In fact, unless Tokischa tours with her, that performance won't even work. Same for Material Gurl

She reused the concept of 4 Minutes from Roseland with JT without him on S&ST. So I can’t see why Tokischa couldn’t feature on the screens, they’ve been seen at rehearsals. Same with Material Gworrrrlll.

I am not a seer or any artificial intelligence system, but I am almost sure that this 2023 tour will begin with an intro similar to that of the Mtvs 2022 where Madonna will tell us about her beginnings and the most important moments of her career to date and all this supported with images of her on the giant screen to then start the first song. What will this song be? I think that Vogue or Music are strong candidates and whichever one is chosen between these two will have excerpts from Everybody, the song that started this whole adventure.

Why Vogue or Music? Because they are the two most iconic songs by Madonna and whose sound has emerged victorious over time because they sound as current as if they had been produced today. Let's also remember that it is Madonna's custom that the first song of her latest tours is the most impressive both in choreography and in the use of technology (Future Lovers, Girl Gone Wild, Iconic) and I don't think other songs that are not Vogue or Music are best suited to it. I am not a seer or any artificial intelligence system but I am almost sure that it will be so.

What uncertainty to discover what the true participation of this drag queen Bob will be. Personally, I would prefer that his participation be as brief as possible because here the star that everyone wants to see is Madonna. Some say that he will tell jokes, others that he will present a choreography accompanied by several dancers and all dressed up as Madonna as a parody. I would choose the choreography between these two options because they have always seemed very entertaining and striking to see, especially those extravagant costumes and makeup that characterize this type of show so much.

But nothing interesting would seem to me to listen to him tell jokes as a stand up comedy because I am a person who does not laugh easily unless the jokes are really good and witty, something that I doubt this character will do. That is why, if this is confirmed, it will be inevitable that a gesture of disgust and discomfort will appear on my face when I see this person appear on stage, because it will cause my adrenaline to drop in a matter of seconds. A gesture that will only disappear when he leaves and gives way to the best artist of all time and the one I truly came to see. When Madonna finally appears on stage I will have to make sure somehow that I am not dreaming and that this moment that I have been looking forward to for so many years is finally coming true.

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

She reused the concept of 4 Minutes from Roseland with JT without him on S&ST. So I can’t see why Tokischa couldn’t feature on the screens, they’ve been seen at rehearsals. Same with Material Gworrrrlll.

Yeah, I would not be surprised if she does an actual Material Girl/Material Gworrl mashup and revamps and modernizes the iconic Monroe dress. I know she's going to do Celebration, and given that she had surgery, she may just stick with that routine from Pride but change the wardrobe, number of dancers, and the dance a bit. I'm sure she'll keep the Tokischa remix or invite her over to select shows to perform live together, which I'm in the minority for loving it. The Pride remix of Justify My Love is LOVELY! She's reused stuff before. She doesn't have to change things all the time, especially if they were already great to begin with. She used the same typewriter remix of Vogue and choreography from her last Pride years ago for the Madame X Tour, too.

12 hours ago, Lorx said:

They weren't identical.  And no, Vogue was quite different from the Super Bowl on MDNA.  Yes, the audio performance was pretty much the same, but I'm referring to the physical performance and dances were not the same.  She did seem to re-use some of the background visuals.

Anyway, my point is, more than not, she hasn't replicated her promo tours on her world tours.

1 hour ago, Future Lover said:

And when she isn’t replicating the 2022 Pride performance during the show, what then? Will we be happy THEN? 

How this went from excitement to extreme pessimism in the span of a couple months is blowing my mind. 

Wait til the show starts and she’s “singing too many of the same hits she always does”

:04:

9 minutes ago, scion said:

I’m here for it,  it’s what she needs right now with the GP.

Music, Isla, Prayer, ROL, Hung Up all need to be there bright and glorious. 

Same. It’s what I expected from the start. I was surprised when she started listing Bad Girl, Rescue Me etc although I’m here for those too of course. Just want a fun show that celebrates her career!

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Wait til the show starts and she’s “singing too many of the same hits she always does”

:04:

What are the same hits she always does? Madame X barely had hits and the previous tour started 8 years ago. Almost a decade without performing hits is a long time. 

The problem is if she included stuff like Candy Shop and i have to pretend to enjoy it again

1 hour ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

What are the same hits she always does? Madame X barely had hits and the previous tour started 8 years ago. Almost a decade without performing hits is a long time. 

The problem is if she included stuff like Candy Shop and i have to pretend to enjoy it again

I genuinely did enjoy CS on S&S and RH. MDNA I didn’t bother going to… 🤣

1 hour ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Like a Prayer, Vogue, Holiday, Like a Virgin, La Isla Bonita, Music, Human Nature

All or most of these will be on the setlist and fans will complain about it lol

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic