The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Bob The Drag Queen confirmed to be involved throughout the show and not to be just the opening set

I think Bob will be the show's MC, announcing each set, and tying them together to a storyline running throughout she show. Like a much more expanded version of the Girlie Show clown.

12 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Maybe he'll most likely show up during interludes or between each section and maybe for Vogue.

That would be totally fine. I just don't want him to ruin the flow of the show by taking over the mic every 5 mins while she changes or takes a break. 

I've a feeling this show is gonna be packed with songs and will exceed 2 hours, no need to prolong it with jokes and stories, people will get bored.

33 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

That would be totally fine. I just don't want him to ruin the flow of the show by taking over the mic every 5 mins while she changes or takes a break. 

I've a feeling this show is gonna be packed with songs and will exceed 2 hours, no need to prolong it with jokes and stories, people will get bored.

Maybe it’ll be something like the Kalakan trio appearing at certain moments on the MDNA Tour.

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

If Bob is lightly used, I'll be ok. But if he chats after each song, we're in for a snooze fest. 

no, I think he'll have his turn in between sets, combined with backdrop videos. I expect him to have a bigger role at the opening and closing of the show, and pop up for short segments while M is changing costumes.

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

If Bob is lightly used, I'll be ok. But if he chats after each song, we're in for a snooze fest. 

This. I'm growing increasingly worried with the Bob part of this show....she *really* doesn't need to mess with her tried and true template of a normal arena pop show...if this turns into her doing comedic bits with Bob the Drag Queen and her kids....oof. She really can't afford lukewarm or bad reviews on this tour. This feels like it's her last chance to bring it after the last 4-5 turbulent years. I don't think audiences will give her anymore chances.

For me personally, if she lets us down on this tour, it's going to be the end of my fandom. I've spent way too much money on tickets this time with way too much of a vested interest and excitement for me to accept a Madame X style show with unfunny monologues and bringing out the kids for singalongs. That's just not what a Madonna show is about, and as much as I'm here for a reinvention of musical sounds and images from her, I'm really not looking for her to reinvent the high-production upbeat pop show formula. It's "her thing" that she laid the blueprint for, and she does it better than anyone else in pop. She has the catalog to now give us the most awesome pop show of all time, and now that we're *finally* getting a greatest hits tour that celebrates it, that's what I'm expecting from her, full stop. 

I just hope to God she knows what she's doing...the signs are there with Stuart, the big stage, the knee pads indicating decently intense choreography, etc....let's just hope this pans out. I'm still of the belief that her confidence has taken a bit of a knocking the last year or so, especially with the Grammys reception, and that she now feels she has something to prove. 

I'll bet she's been planning the concept of a greatest hits show for years. I have high hopes that she's going to blow us away.  

2 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

This. I'm growing increasingly worried with the Bob part of this show....she *really* doesn't need to mess with her tried and true template of a normal arena pop show...if this turns into her doing comedic bits with Bob the Drag Queen and her kids....oof. She really can't afford lukewarm or bad reviews on this tour. This feels like it's her last chance to bring it after the last 4-5 turbulent years. I don't think audiences will give her anymore chances.

I think Bob is there just as support, to reflect the modern times and acceptance of drag in the mainstream

9 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

....she *really* doesn't need to mess with her tried and true template of a normal arena pop show ....

She may have invented the recipe for modern pop concerts with Blonde Ambition but, after 30 years, the "tried and true" four-part theatrical concert formula has now become "stale, conventional, and uninspired" to some of us.

None of us became fans because she did what everyone else did. And everyone else does this concert template now - thanks to her.

I don't want a Bob the Drag Queen show but, if she has new ideas that work, I'm happy for something fresh and inspired.

20 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

She may have invented the recipe for modern pop concerts with Blonde Ambition but, after 30 years, the "tried and true" four-part theatrical concert formula has now become "stale, conventional, and uninspired" to some of us.

I do agree with this.... I wasn't excited about some tours because the concept was always the same.... emerging/landing on stage, followed by a guitar section, boudoir section with seducing the female dancers, some kid of ethnic music section, and then finishing with the club/fitness section. I know this is in Madonna's DNA because she pioneered the modern show, but after almost 40 years, I hope she introduces something a bit different. So far the only thing that has been changing were the stages, as technology progressed and developed.

2 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

For me personally, if she lets us down on this tour, it's going to be the end of my fandom. I've spent way too much money on tickets this time with way too much of a vested interest and excitement for me to accept a Madame X style show with unfunny monologues and bringing out the kids for singalongs. That's just not what a Madonna show is about, and as much as I'm here for a reinvention of musical sounds and images from her, I'm really not looking for her to reinvent the high-production upbeat pop show formula. It's "her thing" that she laid the blueprint for, and she does it better than anyone else in pop. She has the catalog to now give us the most awesome pop show of all time, and now that we're *finally* getting a greatest hits tour that celebrates it, that's what I'm expecting from her, full stop. 

I just hope to God she knows what she's doing...the signs are there with Stuart, the big stage, the knee pads indicating decently intense choreography, etc....let's just hope this pans out. I'm still of the belief that her confidence has taken a bit of a knocking the last year or so, especially with the Grammys reception, and that she now feels she has something to prove. 

I'll bet she's been planning the concept of a greatest hits show for years. I have high hopes that she's going to blow us away.  

Bob and the kids are going to heavily feature by the sound/looks of things. In what form we don't know but now that you mention it I think comedy skits and family sing-a-longs seem very likely. It worked in the Madame X show so she probably wants to expand on the idea.

22 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Oh wow, I forgot about that annoying narrator. That show would have been flawless if it weren't for him. 

"She first hit the scene in 83, she's known as pop deity. Is she a saint, or is she a whore? You'll soon find out, here's the Celebration Tour!" *Hung Up On Tokischa begins*

36 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

"She first hit the scene in 83, she's known as pop deity. Is she a saint, or is she a whore? You'll soon find out, here's the Celebration Tour!" *Hung Up On Tokischa begins*

As she emerges to rock it up with her guitar  , a choir and Gwyneth Paltrow on skis. 

6 hours ago, musicinferno said:

How can I let Madonna know that I haven't spent that much money on tickets to see some random drag queen tell stories I don't care about?

Edited by Dick Tracy (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Bob and the kids are going to heavily feature by the sound/looks of things. In what form we don't know but now that you mention it I think comedy skits and family sing-a-longs seem very likely. It worked in the Madame X show so she probably wants to expand on the idea.

It didn’t work on Madame X lol. People left the venues. I’m ok with David and Mercy showing up like Rocco did on the MDNA Tour (doing something). What I really don’t care for is Bob. Whatever he does is gonna be cringy (at least for me) so I hope his presence is reduced to a minimum. 

58 minutes ago, rga98 said:

It didn’t work on Madame X lol. People left the venues. I’m ok with David and Mercy showing up like Rocco did on the MDNA Tour (doing something). What I really don’t care for is Bob. Whatever he does is gonna be cringy (at least for me) so I hope his presence is reduced to a minimum. 

You think an appearance by a stablished performer is cringier than three kids singing acapella to one of your idols most iconic songs? :Madonna034:

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic