The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

28 minutes ago, Mden said:

Check out clips on Tweet pages below.

From what I’ve seen I’m just not getting it. 

34 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

There was more than that. There was the girl swinging ropes with flames, a tap dancer, gypsy dancer, and the ringmaster (?) as well. Not to mention that gorgeous tarot card backdrop. 

To me that was the last absolutely incredible interlude. I’d actually say it’s the best part of what is probably quite a middle of the road M concert in the scale of great tours. 

10 minutes ago, scion said:

To me that was the last absolutely incredible interlude. I’d actually say it’s the best part of what is probably quite a middle of the road M concert in the scale of great tours. 

The Illuminati one was stunning.

Breathtaking in person.

1 hour ago, scion said:

It's one of favs too. But I think Justify My Love from MDNA was her last great Interlude. Maybe even Illuminati from RHT. 

50 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

It's one of favs too. But I think Justify My Love from MDNA was her last great Interlude. Maybe even Illuminati from RHT. 

But what about Frozen Breathwork? Hoo ha, ha hoo ha, ha hoo, ha, "With you I'm not a little girl", ha, ha, hoo, ha...

54 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

The fact that they rehearsed Rescue Me just for it to get demoted to this boring weird ass interlude :03:

But lets be fair about this.  What we saw was rehearsal footage of her with The Batukadeiras singing the chorus.  We really didn't hear her, other than her singing along with them. You really couldn't even hear her.  It was early in putting the show together, and it's obvious she wasn't confident she could pull it off.  At least, she found a way to pay homage to the song without dismissing it entirely.  Let's not pretend the Rehearsals were something magnificent and it included anything any more than back up from Batukadeiras.

Here's a reminder of that rehearsal...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=698269140613425

27 minutes ago, tscott said:

But lets be fair about this.  What we saw was rehearsal footage of her with The Batukadeiras singing the chorus.  We really didn't hear her, other than her singing along with them. You really couldn't even hear her.  It was early in putting the show together, and it's obvious she wasn't confident she could pull it off.  At least, she found a way to pay homage to the song without dismissing it entirely.  Let's not pretend the Rehearsals were something magnificent and it included anything any more than back up from Batukadeiras.

Here's a reminder of that rehearsal...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=698269140613425

I wouldn’t mind at all if she lipped the entire song. xD Just perform it goddamnit.

23 minutes ago, Ekans said:

I wouldn’t mind at all if she lipped the entire song. xD Just perform it goddamnit.

Nah, if she has to lip it, you might as well just put on the album.  If she's going to do it, she should find a way to perform it that is comfortable with her.  Otherwise, most would criticize her for just lipping it.  There is no way she can perform it like the original. This is why she's never performed it since releasing it.  If she does it, fans have to accept that she's going to perform it in a way that suits her vocal style today. 

On 5/10/2023 at 8:06 PM, missberic said:

By the way, I'm trying to digest the fact that Beyoncé opened the show with not one, but FOUR ballads in a row :Madonna034:

Technically she didn't. 

Those songs are not a part of the Renaissance World Tour show. The actual show beings with I'm That Girl. The first six songs are meant to be Beyonce being her own opening act which a few artists have done in the past. 

18 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

To be fair, Beyonce is a bad Janet/Tina copy.

Also what is your issue? What is it with this fanbase and constantly bashing every other female artist in existence? It's really bizarre behavior and I have never understood it. Beyonce has done nothing to deserve the way M fans bash her.

23 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

Also what is your issue? What is it with this fanbase and constantly bashing every other female artist in existence? It's really bizarre behavior and I have never understood it. Beyonce has done nothing to deserve the way M fans bash her.

Are you kidding me?

Janet Jackson is my #2 to Madonna and most M fans loathe her.

Sorry. Being a Janet fan for so many years I’m used to seeing something great and exciting and Beyonce doesn’t do anything new, fun or exciting to me.

I don’t like a lot of the newer pop tarts, but I’m not hating just to hate.

Maybe many other M fans do.

Not only Beyoncé uses Madonna's Vogue and her actual voice but she also namechecks her first as the mother of everything and she's the only white girl she's mentioning which is another achievement for Madonna because she's one of the few white pop artist, the black american community embraced and looked up too even if some criticized her. They were her first supporters and Beyoncé is reminding the community that at a moment when she's being attacked left and right. She's also reinstating that the crown is Madonna's. 

I think the only time interludes actually worked were the amazing RIT Bedtime Story Remix and both on the Confessions Tour. The "Confessions" interlude is a hard skip but at least it has a storyline to it, and Sorry Remix is an amazing track to listen to. She's been trying to recreate that on every tour and no remix comes even close, Get Stupid is a snore. Other than that they are all boring - Hollywood, SEX, Nobody Knows Me... skip, skip, skip.

I much prefer songs with an extended ending after she leaves the stage (Where's The Party on BAT or Rain on TGS), an extended intro (Music Inferno) or even a long suspense pause (for Holiday and KIT on BAT or Holiday and Music on DWT) than dancers doing silly contortionism numbers and street choreo.

2 hours ago, missberic said:

I think the only time interludes actually worked were the amazing RIT Bedtime Story Remix and both on the Confessions Tour. The "Confessions" interlude is a hard skip but at least it has a storyline to it, and Sorry Remix is an amazing track to listen to. She's been trying to recreate that on every tour and no remix comes even close, Get Stupid is a snore. Other than that they are all boring - Hollywood, SEX, Nobody Knows Me... skip, skip, skip.

I much prefer songs with an extended ending after she leaves the stage (Where's The Party on BAT or Rain on TGS), an extended intro (Music Inferno) or even a long suspense pause (for Holiday and KIT on BAT or Holiday and Music on DWT) than dancers doing silly contortionism numbers and street choreo.

I really miss extending endings - they made the segments flow more flawlessly. I like her video interludes but it's que for people to take a seat. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic